India's Air Defense System and its Capabilities

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Why are chaps like you are so quick to GIVE MONEY TO FOREIGN K CHEETOS SELLERS?.
Nibba i bet chaps in government offices think the same they believe they are better of assembling imported foreign kits and have indigenous logo on them.
Well I would prefer Indian option --- I said if we are going to buy from abroad ---- there is a tender for it by IAF not me ---- let see what's the hype is all about AMRAAM.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
There are two very important distinctions.
1. We enjoy huge trade surplus with USA. In fact our largest. USA is also single biggest foreign investor in India. It's good politics to return the favour.

2. Unlike Russia with whom we run deficit and who never buys back anything USA honours offset cluase fully which is why our arms exports have been rising sharply. Part of it thanks to offset purchase by USA.
VEM Technologies showcases Ajita Short Range Air Defense system concept in lines of NASAMS Published February 10, 2020 | By admin SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG Hyderabad-based VEM Technologies that provides Aerospace, Defence and Homeland Security systems solutions has showcased a concept of its Ajita Short Range Ground Based Air Defense system which seems to be working on the same principle of US-Norwegian Air and Missile Defense to Protect for deployed personnel and against key vital installations in the Urban environment against Aerial threats of all nature. As can be seen in the picture, the Ajita Air Defense system will feature a Mobile 4D AESA radar system that will be used to alert and queue a Short-range surface to air missile to the locations of hostile targets before they approach any vital installations. 360-degree coverage of the AESA air defense radar will be able to track multiple hostile targets at each scan. Ajita Air Defense system will consist of 12 missile launchers likely the missile system to be used will be the surface-based application for the Astra BVRAAMs which has been cleared to be used as a Short-range Surface to air missile system to save cost.
Anyways this program could have been underdevelpment / on paper but i guess we could have achieved this.
I saw this news today.

Truly saying brother some have their excuses from importing stuff from Russia some have excuses to import stuff from US. Every one have excuses to import stuff but why same big political thinking doesn't work for development of indigenous Equipments?

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Congratulations.
In reality nothing changed decade back we used to import from Russia decade later we import from US. And if things go with this speed then decades later to we will import from other Xyz state. Or sometimes we will import to pay hafta to certain nations.
If india keeps struggling in development of new technology then we will never be able to achieve our desired place.
India has developed ASAT Missile,BMD phase 1 developed & phase 2 in development,Akash SRSAMs,QRSAM & MRSAM with Israel and now XRSAMs on the cards with S400 with Russia ordered,NASAMS 2 coming in might feel like an overkill and kind of deal to soothe uncle Sam but there is a method to the madness ,there is Air Defence command coming up and these whole lot a air defence systems diminishes enemies counter value strategy and hence provides us with many options to exercise.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Truly saying brother some have their excuses from importing stuff from Russia some have excuses to import stuff from US. Every one have excuses to import stuff but why same big political thinking doesn't work for development of indigenous Equipments?
Yes there are excuses as well as compulsion.
We are now building Sam systems but nasam is an already operational system which can be immediately deployed. While our systems will take years to mature.

Also we get aim120 c7/c8 we'll know about their true range . And true capabilities of their seekers. Will help to nueter porky f16 with our next gen jammers .

Also go to Indian defence export page and see that we are slowly reaching parity on defense export / import.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
This is probably the second missile system after harpoon which US sold to India if I am not wrong --- India need to balance between russians & west in defence deal --- at same time keep inducting from domestic source --- learn from best --- western technology is superior --- only a fool will think otherwise.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
This is probably the second missile system after harpoon which US sold to India if I am not wrong --- India need to balance between russians & west in defence deal --- at same time keep inducting from domestic source --- learn from best --- western technology is superior --- only a fool will think otherwise.
Nibba indigenous ratio is not even cutting close we have more than 2K russi tanks vs 124 indigenous one's. We used to have total imported AD system now at least some improvement is their baki sabh ko hi pata h. How things are going on. Good news sometimes come but they always get overshadowed by imports.

Deathstar

Country flag
Seriously disappointed. US offered the system in 2017 and funds cleared in 2 years while MK1A negotiations linger on. Wow

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Nibba indigenous ratio is not even cutting close we have more than 2K russi tanks vs 124 indigenous one's. We used to have total imported AD system now at least some improvement is their baki sabh ko hi pata h. How things are going on. Good news sometimes come but they always get overshadowed by imports.
Look we are inducted indigenous products ---- maybe in small number but it keep industry going ---- we need to keep engaging US for not just critical technologies but also investment for jobs --- US is your largest trading partner --- good & services combine --- let's not cut our nose --- know your limit --- white west is withdrawing & US have isolation tendencies since 1800 up to WW2 ---- having good relation with US is in our interest --- we shouldn't live inside Plato cave.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Look we are inducted indigenous products ---- maybe in small number but it keep industry going ---- we need to keep engaging US for not just critical technologies but also investment for jobs --- US is your largest trading partner --- good & services combine --- let's not cut our nose --- know your limit --- white west is withdrawing & US have isolation tendencies from 1800s ---- having good relation with US is in our interest --- we shouldn't live inside a Plato cave.

I liked these post by saruav jha.
Anyways i would say Chinese developed quite well without importing military equipment from US. I'm not against total military import from Us but import the things which are crucial and truly exclusive.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
There are also reports in media regarding the 2 Raytheon ISTAR aircraft deal on cards is also picking up on Gulfstream G550 platform,surely this level of procurement has made enemy scared

Longewala

Country flag
Congratulations.
In reality nothing changed decade back we used to import from Russia decade later we import from US. And if things go with this speed then decades later to we will import from other Xyz state. Or sometimes we will import to pay hafta to certain nations.
If india keeps struggling in development of new technology then we will never be able to achieve our desired place.
Astra, Akash, Pinaka, Netra, Vikrant, Tejas, Nuclear subs, Dhanush / ATAGS.
I did not imagine these would happen 20 years back.
On another 20 years we will take the next steps.
Dhiraj rakhiye.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Astra, Akash, Pinaka, Netra, Vikrant, Tejas, Nuclear subs, Dhanush / ATAGS.
I did not imagine these would happen 20 years back.
On another 20 years we will take the next steps.
Dhiraj rakhiye.
It's not about that I think he is talking about. I think he is talking about the gut feeling I too get sometimes that India's indigenous story is a success story maintained by a few good men and some good circumstances.

I always get this intuition that our efforts at bringing our own good systems into the military are always at the brink of being replaced or ignored for imports.i am not not about failures like insas,I'm talking about the good ones you mentioned.like pakistans batting collapses it all looks fine until suddenly the good looking indigenous effort which everyone thought was in the bag loses the limelight and the import is brought in.

This would be fine but I feel if some key patriotic people are gone or the wrong party comes to power that is all it would take too wash away all our progress.There is always a sense of vulnerability.

Sometimes I am so happy that we got sanctioned and threatened becuz that was when we developed some strategic products.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles