India's Air Defense System and its Capabilities

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
i have personally seen a S-300 launcher in DRDO, Hyderabad in early 2000's. not sure where it is now.....
Where exactly is that place?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There is a tender for 25 Strela-10M weapon systems......................................

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 4.03.40 AM.png

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
i have personally seen a S-300 launcher in DRDO, Hyderabad in early 2000's. not sure where it is now.....
yes, S 300's presence is not openly acknowledged ever in my knowledge. I remember seeing a photograph of S300 being transported in Rajasthan.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Have you seen the four missile tubes on the launcher?
I am asking this because the 4K51 Rubezh TEL uses the same chassis as the S-300 family and people have earlier confused between the two.

Also there is no logical reason for having a Rubezh system in Hyderabad.

bhramos

Country flag
Have you seen the four missile tubes on the launcher?
I am asking this because the 4K51 Rubezh TEL uses the same chassis as the S-300 family and people have earlier confused between the two.

Also there is no logical reason for having a Rubezh system in Hyderabad.
no offense bro, i'm IDF & before DFI from 2016, i have only seen one launcher & even asked a soldier, its in deployed position..... with Army camo net...

Jumbo

Broad daylight robbery....
As per new guidelines will Russians procure 30%from the local companies?

Sir, Let S-400 get in first...…………………………….:dude:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Broad daylight robbery....
As per new guidelines will Russians procure 30%from the local companies?

Offsets don't apply to Russia. It only applies to others. Most of Indian system is based on Russian technology base itself. Though many of the technology in India is developed by Indians, the base is still Russian technology reverse engineering.

Jumbo

Offsets don't apply to Russia. It only applies to others. Most of Indian system is based on Russian technology base itself. Though many of the technology in India is developed by Indians, the base is still Russian technology reverse engineering.
Some time it is better to get off the shelf then.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Some time it is better to get off the shelf then.
The deals with Russia generally involves ToT. Russia doesn't set up manufacturing units in India, it does provide license for manufacturing in India.

The deals are not off the shelf. It is just that Russia does not set up companies outside Russia as the concept of private companies isn't popular in Russia

sam29

Country flag
Hi team .
Want to know
Pakistan is producing hamza mk3 manpads n exporting them also ..Is DRDO developing any manpads for army ,when we are getting latest igla MANPADS .And stringers

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We need multi layered Air Defense for or cities and bases.
1)We need is Ballistic missile defence like Aegis.
2)Long range like S-400 to keep the enemy planes at bay.
3)Medium Range 100-200km range to protect cities
4)Short Range will be the last resort like Akash.
5)Point defence like the Iron Dome to protect critical assets like bases,fuel dumps and ammunition dump and bridges from long range MLRS and UAV's.
What Happened to AD1 and AD2? They were supposed to be tested by now.

Jackd

According to sources quoted by the Times of India, the defence acquisitions council (DAC), chaired by defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman, has approved the "acceptance of necessity (AoN) for the acquisition of the National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System-II (NASAMS-II) worth around $1 billion from the US".
The acquisition of the NASAMS comes as the DRDO is in the final stages of developing its own 2-tier ballistic missile defence (BMD) shield which would track and destroy nuclear missiles insider and outside the earth's atmosphere.

"Once the Phase-I of the BMD system is operational, it will be deployed to protect cities like Delhi and Mumbai from long-range missiles with a 2,000-km strike range. The NASAMS, in turn, is geared towards intercepting cruise missiles, aircraft and drones," said a source to TOI.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
NASAMS -II is coming. We already have SPYDER. Procuring S-400. And indigenous BMDS is just finishing it's project. Niw, acquisition of this is redundant.

square

Strategic Issues
approving the"acceptance of necessity (AoN)for the acquisition does not means actual buying....
next step is to look for alternatives as common procedure....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles