Indians, what do you think about Evolution?

Do you believe in Evolution?

• Total voters

fyodor

Country flag
How about the Big Bang then? Evolution is explained in Hinduism, but the Big Bang isn't.

Funny incident guys, when I was very young, and was learning history about BC and AD and prehistory and written/verbal history, I asked my teacher when Ramayana and Mahabharatha had happened. I'd heard the stories from my grandfather, but then when it happened question was completely overlooked. Still haven't gotten a good answer for that question though. I am a Hindu by birth and practice, and a scientist by profession, but just sayin'...
A hindu can say that it may not be the only big bang, there can be a cycle of big bangs which happen after each destruction of universe. There is a theory that in some million years this world will collapse.

fyodor

Country flag
Pardon me if I am wrong bro, evolution is not a cycle,you don't go back to a lower self,you just change your self into a different being,there's no going back,unlike the concept of punarjanma in hinduism.
Evolution is a cycle in a sense that nature starts again and again. Consider the dinosaurs, who were a product of million years of evolution. Due to some reasons they all got extinct but nature didn't stopped at that. It gave life to other organism and that destruction paved the way for a new cycle of life.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Pardon me if I am wrong bro, evolution is not a cycle,you don't go back to a lower self,you just change your self into a different being,there's no going back,unlike the concept of punarjanma in hinduism.
Actually, there is no "lower self". Higher or lower would mean there is a trend, and in extension, a goal for evolution. Evolution is just response to the environment. If the conditions are right, there might be a repeat of previous evolutionary states for a species(although highly unlikely, since the initial state is vastly different). Only depends on what survives better.

fyodor

Country flag
The pole is a tautology. How can you believe in a fact? A fact is a fact is a fact. Evolution has been proved by several evidences. People still get confused because it is called "Theory of Evolution". It is a scientific theory.
A scientific theory explains how a particular event happened. For ex: Gravity is a fact but there are theories like newton's classical theory and einstein's relativity theory which explains the phenomenon.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If Humans evolved from Monkeys then why are Monkeys still Monkeys? :confused: :lol:

fyodor

Country flag
If Humans evolved from Monkeys then why are Monkeys still Monkeys? :confused: :lol:

A common misconception. Humans didn't evolved from monkeys but humans and monkeys both evolved from a common ancestor. Monkeys went their own unique evolutionary trajectory whereas humans evolved in a completely different way.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles