Indians save Pakistani lives to be paid back by hatred.

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
I have not found this side of discussions very much in the open blogs so making a new thread on this.

Every year not 1 , not 2 but thousands of people cross the border and come to india for their medical treatment.The government has made special visa provisions for the diseased.

All major hospitals provide discounts and additional benefits to these citizens. all this good gesture only finds some mention in the media.many amongst the hate spreading members from pakistan got their relatives treated here i assume ( atleast i know of one such famous pakistani forum member whose relative is treated in delhi hospitals recently).

Child medicine, kidney , heart are the major divisions which are helped.

What i am miffed is the failure of acknowledging the good services done by indian doctors and government amongst the masses in Pakistan.

I can draw a parallel even with Bangladesh to a lesser extent on the same issue.

High time the Pakistani mass understand the good service they receive in india when they abuse and spew hatred towards Indian people.

Thousands of links can be found to prove the help provided to pakistani nationals. one such is given below where the indian government sponsored the treatment themselves.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200404021701.htm?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I have not found this side of discussions very much in the open blogs so making a new thread on this.

Every year not 1 , not 2 but thousands of people cross the border and come to india for their medical treatment.The government has made special visa provisions for the diseased.

All major hospitals provide discounts and additional benefits to these citizens. all this good gesture only finds some mention in the media.many amongst the hate spreading members from pakistan got their relatives treated here i assume ( atleast i know of one such famous pakistani forum member whose relative is treated in delhi hospitals recently).

Child medicine, kidney , heart are the major divisions which are helped.

What i am miffed is the failure of acknowledging the good services done by indian doctors and government amongst the masses in Pakistan.

I can draw a parallel even with Bangladesh to a lesser extent on the same issue.

High time the Pakistani mass understand the good service they receive in india when they abuse and spew hatred towards Indian people.

Thousands of links can be found to prove the help provided to pakistani nationals. one such is given below where the indian government sponsored the treatment themselves.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200404021701.htm?
Might as well do it to the poor and betrayed in our country and they will forever be grateful! Yet diplomacy always has its ways and we cant look down on all these attempts to help. At the end of the day if some one is helped how would it matter if he is a Muslim,Hindu or Indian or Pakistani!

As you mentioned if these things are mentioned in Paki media they will help to heal the wound between us but its always good for the Pakistani hierarchy to keep the anti-india feelings up to cover up for their miss deeds and hold on to their jobs.

JBH22

What to expect its analogous to feeding snakes,there double language aka backstabbing is legendary.
Treat poor Indians first then think about Pakistanis....

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
The question posed is not to make the people here believe that what india is doing is wrong.

Helping even its worst enemies shows the difference in mindset between the two nations.

The bigger question is some of these people are educated enough to understand the realities in life , nobody is expecting them to become india lovers , they can remain pakistani's and loyal ones too.

What the minimum you expect from such educated people is acknowledgement of the services , a sincere thank you to let the fellow pakistanis know, can go a long way in healing and reducing some of the hatred built over the years.

Failure to acknowledge in the open is what made me a bit disturbed.

But none the less , whatever they do, we as a nation are proud of what we are doing and hope such moral values stay alive from our part of the border atleast.

Last edited:

johnee

Why are Indians saving the lives of Pakistanis?

a) Because Indians are foolish and are helping their enemies.

b) Because its part of Indian diplomacy.

If (a), then we cant expect the pakistanis to show the same foolishness that Indians show.

If (b), then we cant expect the pakistanis to fall for these token gestures. The real test would be to handover the Kashmir...can India do that? If not, then Pakistanis are unimpressed.

Now, I thought of adding "option c) Indians are generous". But I thought that generosity starts from home. If someone is generous towards a criminal who rapes one's mother daily, then one is not generous but foolish...

Last edited:

indiandude123

there is an old Indian proverbs one is You cant straighten dog's tail by putting in a hose pipe and the other is Even if fed milk, a snake will still emit poison so no wonder pak hate us in-spite of all the help provided to them on humanitarian grounds

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think it's part of the diplomacy though it may help to a certain extent. It's either purely humanitarian or made with purpose of showcasing India, a modern India which is progressing rapidly which the visiting Pakistani will compare with his own country and probably demand the same from it's government instead of being anti india all the time and plotting the next terror attack or even a war.

Narayan Hridulaya is a prominent medical center where I have seen Pakistanis come along with lankans and bangladeshis. It also gets western "medical tourists".

But in the end, when you are ruled by terrorists, humanitarian gestures don't matter.

S.A.T.A

We Indians are an eternally image conscious people,this superfluous perception of 'us' which the outside has,wittingly or unwittingly,cast for us and which we consider our most sacrosanct of obligations to mold ourselves into.The world considers Indians to be a Messianic lot,given to the fatalistic of belief that love and understanding,preening around upon this moral high horse, will eventually turn cold realities life into a summer drizzle.......

Take notice of some of the recent statements that have hit the headlines in the recent past,Dr Singh is reported to have said curtly,in response to a question regarding India pondering over a Abbottabad like exercise, "That we are not like America".Unless the govt come out and clarified what that statement was supposed to mean,it must be understood to mean that we indians are not one of those arrogant b&*@#ds who go about violating other nations sovereignty,even for the sake of our own perpetual national security.

In a similar vein is the recent statement from a top US official that "The world is lucky to have Dr Singh as Indian PM"...suggesting that if it was someone else,less likely to offer the other cheek,the response to terrorist provocation most foul(Mumbai attacks)would have substantially different.

It is galling to think that the outside world,esp the west,actually knows we Indians buy into this notion of 'us' that they have conceived for us and that its a peculiar indian mentality that foreswears even self interest while pursuing to preserve this 'image'....Incredible India!

johnee

^^^Subscribing to the image created by others for us is certain death sooner or later.
But, at the same time we need to have a national image of ourselves based on our own values. This self-image determines what path a country takes. The US pursued and ultimately killed Osama because it had to live up to its image(in front of the world and its own people).

India's image has been crafted by outsiders' or their stooges within India. This love-shove or Gandhivaad is not the democratic will of Indians. It is time for Indians to create a national image that they can look up to, which is based on our needs and values.

S.A.T.A

We have shunned our true self,because we are not sure who and what constitutes this 'us',hence we are happy others tells what we are.We don't pan self portrait because its too painstaking and requires lot of honest self analysis,instead we happy to wear these easy to wear masks,every mask for an occasion,we have secular mask, a pro liberal-western mask,a pro Muslim mask,a communist mask,and many more others.....Wasn't it Chau enlai who described us once as 'useful clowns',perhaps that's what we are ,a clown in a mask.

This is why a two bit intelligence chief,standing under scrutiny for an embarrassing episode,any other self respecting general anywhere else would have shot himself after allowing this embarrassment,has the gall to mock us....Because you can mock a clown in a mask and get away with nothing more serious than a hearty laugh.

(P.S:I'm sure the terrorist list goof up would have come in for a much needed comic relief for the Pakistanis,they've had nothing to smile about in the recent days.

Last edited:

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Hell even Syed Geelani was treated in an Indian hospital in Delhi...and he still spews hatered. So what do you want? It is our way of life to be compassionate and help people out of their miseries.

S.A.T.A

Iam all for helping others,sure it only cockles my to heart to hear about Indian hospitals fixing the broken hearts of Pakistani kids,but charity begin at home,lets not forget to help ourselves a little every now and then.While some lives need to be saved,there are others that ought to be extinguished.

mayfair

As long as they pay (preferably are charged a premium) for the services rendered, it's no more than a business and should be acceptable. However, any subsidised or free treatment to the leeches must be strongly resisted, especially when there are millions at home who need this much more than the nimrods across the border.

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
As long as they pay (preferably are charged a premium) for the services rendered, it's no more than a business and should be acceptable. However, any subsidised or free treatment to the leeches must be strongly resisted, especially when there are millions at home who need this much more than the nimrods across the border.
Most of they do pay for their services and is a good policy , but even then :

There is a government policy that provides many free help as well as discounts

mayfair

Most of they do pay for their services and is a good policy , but even then :

There is a government policy that provides many free help as well as discounts
If that's applicable to Pakistani citizens then I am strongly opposed to that. It should be reserved for Indian citizens or for those from countries that do not hate us.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Relevant

An Infiltration with a twist

Dozens of pregnant Pakistani women travel to Jodhpur, about 300 km inside the Indo-Pakistani border, every year to deliver their babies in the government hospitals here.

These women and their families find government-run Indian hospitals offering much better facilities and hygiene than their Pakistani counterparts and say private sector healthcare is non-existent in the parts of Pakistan where they stay.

The cross-border "health tourism" has attracted the attention of physicians working in Jodhpur's government-run hospitals but they are unable to do anything officially because most of these women give Indian addresses. But a few of them have brought this to the attention of a Rajasthan high court-appointed committee that's looking into the state of government hospitals. The panel has submitted its report to the high court.

"We did not have any trouble reaching here and getting her admitted," said 60-year-old Alifiya Khan about her daughter-in-law who's under pre-labour observation at Umed Hospital, Jodhpur's biggest government clinic. "You just go through the agents and they advise you what name to assume and what address to write in the hospital documents," she added.

Alifiya was dodgy when asked where she came from in Pakistan and kept saying that many like her used the hospitals. Another Pakistani woman was admitted in the same hospital, she let out.

Umed Hospital has about 400 beds in the gynaecological department and is almost always full. "It is sad to see Jodhpur residents in labour being turned away even as you know there are Pakistani women who are availing of the cheap facilities," an Umed Hospital RMO said.

Conversations with doctors at the four government-run hospitals brought out facts that were corroborated by state and central intelligence officials as well as travelling ticket examiners on the Thar Express, the only train that connects Pakistan to Rajasthan.

"We have had enough. This cannot go on for too long," high court-appointed former panel member and advocate Sachin Acharya said. "It is clear who is a Pakistani and who is an India. Their dialect, dress (the bright ghaghras and the silver jewellery) and practices are a dead giveaway, doctors have told us," Acharya said.

"But which doctor will deny medical facilities to a woman who can deliver any moment?" D P Punia, controller and principal of Dr Sampurnanand Medical College, the controlling authority of the government hospitals, asked.

"Monitoring is tough because there are several agencies involved. We just check tourists' passports and visas when they enter and leave the country. An infant's papers are not checked," said Hem Singh, CID deputy suprintendent of police. TTEs, who know of a 'delivery case' when they see one, say they are helpless in the absence of rules. "The women coming in have their papers in order," a TTE on the Thar Express said. "On what basis do we stop them? Who will take the responsibility of something going wrong with a pregnant woman or a newborn child?" he asked.

The agents do not have qualms about discussing the traffic. Balram, one of the many local agents who provide guarantee for these visitors, says many pregnant women have approached him. "Medicines and healthcare are more expensive on that side of the border. Most of these women take a big risk and come here during last few months of their pregnancy. Once the child is born, if they are Hindus, we even get them a permanent resident status."

About a month ago, Balram made arrangements for the arrival of 26-year-old Mora (top left). Travelling more than 36 hours on Thar, she reached Jodhpur from Rahimya Khan in Pakistan's Punjab on a 40-day visa and gave birth to a girl.

When the visa expired on September 12, Mora approached the local CID for an extension. Officials asked her to complete formalities at the hospital. But the hospital turned down her request when they realised she was a Pakistani. Mora got in touch with the touts and got herself admitted on the basis of proof of a local address. But she was found out, discharged and left to fend for herself. Mora's case forced the hospital authorities to sit up and take note of the problem.

Infiltration with a twist - Page 2 - Times Of India

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Relevant

'Pakistanis rely more on Indian doctors'

New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Pakistanis looking for a liver transplant rely more on Indian doctors as they are more efficient, said a Pakistan-based neurologist whose daughter recently underwent an organ transplant in Delhi.
"If I hadn't travelled from Pakistan to India (for the transplant), my daughter would be in the grave by now,"
Sajjad Hussain told IANS Monday.

"My daughter was almost dead but the Indian doctors have given her a new life," he said. His daughter Sara Hussain, a medical practitioner herself, needed a transplant for her diseased liver.

Hussain said when it comes to health related issues, 90 percent of Pakistanis prefer travelling to India as there is no language barrier, and the similar eating and living habits make it easy for them to adapt to the circumstances, Hussain said.

Earlier most Pakistanis used to come for kidney transplants but with this procedure now available in their country also, most of them now come to India for liver transplant as Pakistani doctors have less expertise or are not trained in it, said Subhash Gupta, a senior consultant, liver transplant at the Apollo hospital here.

Meanwhile, Hussain said that hepatitis C, an infectious liver disease caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) affecting the liver and spread by blood to blood contact, has more or less assumed epidemic-like proportions in Pakistan and people from Islamabad and Lahore particularly are mostly affected by liver related disease.

"The main reason for such issues are that the drinking water in Lahore and Islamabad is contaminated and used syringes are reused in hospitals," he said.

An Apollo hospital official said that the hospital had carried out around 70 liver transplants on Pakistani nationals alone in the past two years. "Science has no borders, particularly when it comes to health issues," said Anupam Sibal, group medical director.

"Compared to other nationals, it's easy to treat Pakistanis because their genetics and disease patterns are almost the same as ours," he added.

More at : 'Pakistanis rely more on Indian doctors' ‘Pakistanis rely more on Indian doctors’

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No I don't think anything is done for free. All of them go to private hospitals who extract a premium from all foreign patients.

I can talk about Narayan Hrudalaya in Bangalore because a friend of mine assists with medical cases in my community. He was able to get free services from Narayan Hrudalaya except for hospital equipment charges. Surgeon fees was waived. This for Indian patient.

For those who come from outside esp with dollars, are surely charged higher to cover for the free services offered to others.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles