Indians' black skin highlights gold jewellery: Chinese daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
So typical of cheeni ..Dont even know all that glitters is not gold...................:rofl:

AprilLyrics

Well, if you spend enough time online talking to indians, you will understand: black skin is not kind of favorite color among indians. They prefer that people treat them as white!
their skin color is not black. i think brown or dark brown would be appropriate.

arkem8

Country flag
It does hit a nerve.
Calling someone black in India will get you killed or badly maimed.... it has "caste" connotations, some British army officers found that out in the middle of the night by way of a dagger in the chest....

It is in sensitive and shows how innorant the chineese are, more so that too comming from a hollow super power in waiting.
Oh they aren't insensitive at all when someone calls them the c-word....All their fake politeness suddenly disappears.

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The Chinese are ignorant of the "Varna system" and the thousands of years of discrimination against "dark skin" in India, so they can be forgiven.

Just as Indians ought to be forgiven when they point and laugh at the "c----s" every time they see a slit-eyed Mongoloid. :D

But seriously, the article is nothing to get worked up about. This is actually an opportunity for those curious Chinese members to find out why calling Indians "black" or "dark" is considered impolite or offensive. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I am not all that pissed really . . . .So we have darker skin than the chinese . . .

how does it matter ??. . .Indian beauty is still more pleasing to my eye

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

Anyway . . .Ever seen a Chinese Woman finding work in our glamour industry ?

Here's Saumya Tandon in a Chinese Ad :

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No one bothers reading the original article before turning into a mud-throwing game. What can I say? Indian posters just can't get enough masterpieces of this kind by the Toilet of India(TOI).

Original article by People's Daily

After finishing the whole article, do you still relate it to racism?

There is only one sentence in the article which accidently mentioned the skin color, but now it hits a nerve? I have to say Indian media is good at manipulating its readership.

Unlike in many countries, talking about skin color is not a taboo in China, maybe that is why the author fails to take care of the sensitivity of Indian posters.
Article posted had shown negative mindset and obsession with gold, with racist tone. :tsk:

huaxia rox

1 the whole piece of news is obviously not trying to be racism towards indians or india.....

2 there r problems of generating indians indeed.....for example muslims in india really dont wear too much gold like hindus or at least they probably hide that which is what i can see outside india so i think in india its the same situation....and not all indians have dark skins which is even apprently illustrated in the pics the news uses......u make news u should try to be careful of your wording.....

3 in terms of the sentence 'Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' ....if i change that to 'dick has black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' do people here still think its being racism?? if u do....tell me how to express this with right tone???

4 chinese call ourself (and japanese thais etc) 黄种人 which means yellow skin race.....so i my self always say i have yellow skin........whats the problem here???its truth.......and if a guy has white skin i will say its white.....if its black then its black.........any problem???i wont use niggar or snowflake kind of language then how is that racism???

5 the most important issue here is the info itself......its supposed to be a news website to give important news.......and what on earth is that??'Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry'....who on earth cares that in prc??? dont know those propaganda guys just dont know what more to add to praise the cpc or just in deed mentally chanllenged.......

sv_nerd

ha - comment from no less than the "Peoples Daily" -- a surreptitious government mouthpiece of the Middle Kingdom making a pretty much racist remark. For those Chinese haters out there -- you are so ignorant -- just grow up! Enlighten yourself through a little education .... Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry - People's Daily Online
我们 是 第 一 人类, 不是 中国人, 印度人,英国人 什么的

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
1 the whole piece of news is obviously not trying to be racism towards indians or india.....

2 there r problems of generating indians indeed.....for example muslims in india really dont wear too much gold like hindus or at least they probably hide that which is what i can see outside india so i think in india its the same situation....and not all indians have dark skins which is even apprently illustrated in the pics the news uses......u make news u should try to be careful of your wording.....

3 in terms of the sentence 'Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' ....if i change that to 'dick has black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' do people here still think its being racism?? if u do....tell me how to express this with right tone???

4 chinese call ourself (and japanese thais etc) 黄种人 which means yellow skin race.....so i my self always say i have yellow skin........whats the problem here???its truth.......and if a guy has white skin i will say its white.....if its black then its black.........any problem???i wont use niggar or snowflake kind of language then how is that racism???

5 the most important issue here is the info itself......its supposed to be a news website to give important news.......and what on earth is that??'Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry'....who on earth cares that in prc??? dont know those propaganda guys just dont know what more to add to praise the cpc or just in deed mentally chanllenged.......
you're known as the yellow-skin race. Well, we are called 'brown', not black. That is what the issue here is, really. We are brown, not black. Within India itself, there is a lot of variation in terms of the shade of skin. Some people may be dark brown, some may be very fair. It depends a lot on which region of India a person is from.

But to generalize and to say that Indians have 'black skin' is very inappropriate. That is what the issue is.

We're not saying we're white either. The majority of us are brown. Some are also white, some are also black (some are also yellow!)

huaxia rox

you're known as the yellow-skin race. Well, we are called 'brown', not black. That is what the issue here is, really. We are brown, not black. Within India itself, there is a lot of variation in terms of the shade of skin. Some people may be dark brown, some may be very fair. It depends a lot on which region of India a person is from.

But to generalize and to say that Indians have 'black skin' is very inappropriate. That is what the issue is.

We're not saying we're white either. The majority of us are brown. Some are also white, some are also black (some are also yellow!)
1 i ve said.....the news made some mistakes...generating specific people is common mistake which should be avoided coz its a news agency....u can say majority of african people got black skin but u never say african people got black skin......what i m saying is i think the article is not to be racism to anyone...

2 so u basically mean if the sentence 'Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' is changed to 'Indians have brown skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature.' then there will be no issue at all right???if thats the case i think the news does accidentally offend some indians but again....i dont think the site did that on purpose......

AprilLyrics

I think the author just want to show his admiration to Indian women's beauty.i dont understand why even this can be taken as insulting words.
i can smell a hostile atmosphere from Indian people.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

All Chinese have the same skin color but NOT all Indians.Many Indians have even better skin color than a pigmented freckle skin white person.It's not possible to give India a single "color".Why should Chinese feel offended if they are called yellow skin when all got the same color.

There is a big difference but perhaps the news creator got no knowledge about this and showing his ignorance about this subject.You are also saying the same.It could have termed brown/tan or even darker but terming it "black" simply sounds absurd.Black means black/african.

Seems like Chinese slant eyes are color blind. :lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
"better" skin color?

this is your own mentality, not ours.

we are not northeastern indians, those insults are more commonly used for them in india.
You seems to be disturbed now with just 1 comment... do you even know what pigmented freckle skin means? Seen any Indian having the same?

A Northeastern Indian would not call Indians "black skin" so your mentality is blinded by your Chinese eyes. :lol:

p2prada

They put this image above the article and claim Indians have black skin. :dude:

Heck even her hair and eyes are brown.

Also, I am yet to see a beggar wearing Gold, let along a Gold nail. :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles