Indians' black skin highlights gold jewellery: Chinese daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

BEIJING: Indians have black skin that highlights gold jewellery, a state-run Chinese daily says in an article that goes on to observe that even girls begging on roadsides have a "gold nail in the nose" and that Indian women don't go out without a nose ring.

"Indian women won't go out" without a gold nose ring, says the article 'Indian beauties wearing gold jewellery' in People's Daily Online.

The Indian government plans to issue "paper gold" to encourage people to purchase gold reserved in banks. Many Indians still scramble for this, which reflects Indian affection and reliance for gold, it said.

"In India it will be considered impolite if women go out without any jewellery," the article, accompanied by a photograph of Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai and other models, said.

"Among all kinds of jewellery, Indians prefer gold ones. Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewellery can highlight this feature. Indian women wearing gold earrings and necklaces can be spotted everywhere. Even those little girls who beg along the roadside with an unkempt appearance have a gold nail in the nose," it added.

It went on to add that in India "it is also very common that men wear jewellery".

"Many Indian men wear three rings with large pieces of jewels on them."

The daily said that for marriage, parents usually choose gold ornaments as daughter's dowry, "which not only set off the beauty of the daughter but can also serve as a kind of property in married life".

"Because of the affection of Indian people towards gold jewellery, jewellery shops are everywhere in India. No matter in metropolises or small cities all the most luxuriously decorated and brightly illuminated shops are selling jewellery," it said.

TOI

Oracle

I find the racist tone queer, since they are not white either.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Indian women wear gold, Chinese women are hookers with a heart of gold ..

===

(Hooker with a heart of gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

" 1,800 venues across the city, mostly hair salons and massage parlors, have been fined or shut down this year for prostitution. Also, approximately 200,000 employees of massage parlors and karaoke bars (that's about 1 percent of Shanghai's population!) "

Did you hear about the sex show club in Shanghai's Jingan District? - Shanghaiist

China's prostitutes are better-trusted than its politicians and scientists, according to an online survey published by Insight China magazine.
The survey found that 7.9% of respondents considered sex workers to be trustworthy, placing them third behind farmers and religious workers.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China 'trusts prostitutes more'

Damn I am good :D

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
It is factually correct though put in awkward words. Gold does look better on dark skins. And gold is indeed given to daughters as `stree dhan`.

nimo_cn

Country flag
No one bothers reading the original article before turning into a mud-throwing game. What can I say? Indian posters just can't get enough masterpieces of this kind by the Toilet of India(TOI).

Original article by People's Daily

Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry

Without gold nose ring, Indian women won't go out. Recently Indian government plans to issue "paper gold" that is to encourage people to purchase gold reserved in banks. Though buying "paper gold" doesn't mean you can really take physical gold in hand, many Indian still scramble for this, which reflects Indian affection and reliance for gold.

In India it will be considered impolite if women go out without any jewelry. Among all kinds of jewelry, Indians prefer gold ones. Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature. Indian women wearing gold earrings and necklaces can be spotted everywhere. Even those little girls who beg along the roadside with an unkempt appearance have a god nail in the nose.

In India it is also very common that men wear jewelry. Many Indian men wear three rings with large pieces of jewels on them. In wedding ceremony, parents usually choose gold ornaments as daughter's dowry, which not only set off the beauty of the daughter but can also serve as a kind of property in married life. Friends and relatives also present gold ornaments to show their blessings.

Because of the affection of Indian people towards gold jewelry, jewelry shops are everywhere in India. No matter in metropolises or small cities all the most luxuriously decorated and brightly illuminated shops are selling jewelry.

Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry - People's Daily Online
After finishing the whole article, do you still relate it to racism?

There is only one sentence in the article which accidently mentioned the skin color, but now it hits a nerve? I have to say Indian media is good at manipulating its readership.

Unlike in many countries, talking about skin color is not a taboo in China, maybe that is why the author fails to take care of the sensitivity of Indian posters.

Oracle

/\/\/\ That is accidental? Indians have black skin stereotypes all Indians. You are an idiot. My bad, that was accidental.

nimo_cn

Country flag
/\/\/\ That is accidental? Indians have black skin stereotypes all Indians. You are an idiot. My bad, that was accidental.
It is not my fault you are so sensitive.

Typically Indians do have black skin, it is simply the truth. The author was just telling the truth but didn't mean anything offensive. The only mistake he made is he failed to understand that skin color could be a racism issue in India as it is being demonstrated here, a couple of Indian posters extracted one sentence from the article, taking it out of context and making the author a racist.

Oracle

Typically Indians do have black skin, it is simply the truth. The author was just telling the truth but didn't mean anything offensive. The only mistake he made is he failed to understand that skin color could be a racism issue in India as it is being demonstrated here, a couple of Indian posters extracted one sentence from the article, taking it out of context and making the author a racist.
It's not about being sensitive. Typically Indians do not have black skin. It's prevalent in the South. Not that everybody in the south have a black skin. Try using the N word in US or UK for instance. You will be lynched, and if you survive the ordeal you'd be thrown in jail. And coming from a Government backed website, this is utterly despicable. Not only is this article racist, your Government is now upto shameful activities as well.

Zarvin

It only used the word black skin once and it isn't even racist--- the N bomb wasn't dropped.
Agreed that it is generalising, but we also generalise against the Chinese and think they have mostly yellow skin, which may not be true either.

arkem8

Country flag
Why the double standards and whining ?? Indians of all shades have worse things to say about the appearance and mannerisms of orientals/mongoloids...

Don't get me started on the comments passed by airport staff on East Asian travellers or about questions to N.E folk about how then came here from China.....

Most Indians talk crap pass shytty comments even when watching those old 80's Hong Kong Jackie Chan films....

And finally Indians have nothing good to say about Africans or Arabs either....

It only used the word black skin once and it isn't even racist--- the N bomb wasn't dropped.
Agreed that it is generalising, but we also generalise against the Chinese and think they have mostly yellow skin, which may not be true either.

The Iranians call Pakistanis Kala Naukar so do the Tajiks and Afghans

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
It's akin to saying all Chinese suffer from Jaundice?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok I don't know in what sense they reported it. But I think Chinese yellow skin hides Jaundice equally well.
First there isn't a free press and then whatever press there is - devoids itself of the remaining credibility like this.
Cheers to the Chinese generalization :thumb:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
lead point :- BEIJING: Indians have black skin that highlights gold jewellery, a state-run Chinese daily says in an article that goes on to observe that even girls begging on roadsides have a "gold nail in the nose" and that Indian women don't go out without a nose ring.

my comments;- even germans are not that racist

read more at:- Indians' black skin highlights gold jewellery: Chinese daily - The Times of India

no smoking

Country flag

Well, if you spend enough time online talking to indians, you will understand: black skin is not kind of favorite color among indians. They prefer that people treat them as white!

Zarvin

Why the double standards and whining ?? Indians of all shades have worse things to say about the appearance and mannerisms of orientals/mongoloids...

Don't get me started on the comments passed by airport staff on East Asian travellers or about questions to N.E folk about how then came here from China.....

Most Indians talk crap pass shytty comments even when watching those old 80's Hong Kong Jackie Chan films....

And finally Indians have nothing good to say about Africans or Arabs either....

The Iranians call Pakistanis Kala Naukar so do the Tajiks and Afghans
Even if they do mate, it doesn't bother me and neither should it you.:thumb:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I dont know why ppl are getting worked up. I dont think the article mentioned anything in a racist way.

It is factually correct though put in awkward words. Gold does look better on dark skins. And gold is indeed given to daughters as `stree dhan`.
It looks better on brown skin. Not on Gore nor on African. Look at my avatar..:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles