Indian visiting grandson in Alabama, attacked by police, paralyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otm Shank2

It SHOULD be US Govt to pay.

Brother they should and they will if we all come together.

It could take weeks if not months and years for a settlement if one comes through in the meantime the family has to face the financial burden for medical bills and lawyer and court fees for bringing about a lawsuit against the system.

A common tactic by gov and big business is the bankrupt claimants in court process financially and in will..causing frustration, we shouldnt allow it to happen in financial resources or will as a community in Mr. Patel's case.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The topic is "Racist Amerika is a Police State."

But I have thought about this and suggest something else.

Gujaratis have no shame. They bring grandpa to the USA to be an unpaid domestic servant. They keep him isolated and ignorant of English. They let him wander about and get into a fracas with the law, then seek to profit from his dilemma and injuries.

If I let something like that happen to my old Daddy, I WOULD BE ASHAMED.

Gypsies and Chinese take better care of their old people, I would think.

And if Patels think police are a problem, wait until social services gets into their shit for elder abuse. Oh yes, there will be more to that story.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@W.G.Ewald, cool down. Most of the anger that is being displayed here is a result of Obama's knuckle-headed comment about "religious tolerance in India", after he left Indian shores.

In case you aren't up-to-date: Modi government has tightened the screws on evangelist funding and missionary NGOs (who lie about "charity" and spend all their donation money on sly conversions). This has hit the US Christian right pretty hard, and they've been lobbying Obama to do something. That's easier said that done - he did the best he could, made a half-hearted statement about "religious tolerance". It was rather amusing that he didn't lecture Saudi Arabia, where his wife was chastised for "immodest dressing". In fact, his wife's picture was blurred out of the morning papers. As though she was naked or something - she was wearing a perfectly acceptable female garment, which no normal country will have a problem with.

But his half-assed statement wasn't taken too kindly here. Treat this as a "return lecture". Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otm Shank2

Gujaratis have no shame. They bring grandpa to the USA to be an unpaid domestic servant. They keep him isolated and ignorant of English. They let him wander about and get into a fracas with the law, then seek to profit from his dilemma and injuries.

And if Patels think police are a problem, wait until social services gets into their shit for elder abuse. Oh yes, there will be more to that story.
WG proves the point of why local attitude is important is such issues. Most people in Alabama are of the same mindset as him. We need to keep a community effort on this incident because it's so blatant. It's only a matter of time before desis are shot down like african Americans and hispanics if we don't stop it now.

but I'm sure this unarmed compliant grandfather btoke into garages maybe he even charged the police officers from 30 yards away like they say michael brown did. :rolleyes:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
WG proves the point of why local attitude is important is such issues. Most people in Alabama are of the same mindset as him. We need to keep a community effort on this incident because it's so blatant.
but I'm sure this unarmed compliant grandfather btoke into garages maybe he even charged the police officers from 30 yards away like It's only a matter of time before desis are shot down like african Americans and hispanics if we don't stop it now.
they say michael brown did. :rolleyes:
I wasn't going to get into this, but your ignorance seems to require it. I have seen the irresponsibility of the Gujarati before, well at least second hand.

A female cousin was engaged to a young man from Gujarat (he had been married twice before.) Tragically he died suddenly, intestate. His mother lived with him but spoke no English. His sister lived in the States but knew nothing of legal matters. So it devolved to my cousin to help the family, over a period of months, because the man did not have his own affairs in order, in spite of having significant property holdings and a young son. I think that should show your assumptions about me to be quite wrong. The hysteria of your bolded words above are particularly pathetic.

Billions of people around the world are trying to come to this racist police state. Isn't that odd?

bose

Country flag
The other day the bloody Americans were lecturing us on religious tolerance"¦ a shit country"¦

sorcerer

Country flag

Is there credible proof for it?

Unpaid domestic servant : Do provide credible proof for that.
good luck to your social service to prove it otherwise.

ignorant of English - He is an old man coming from India. and your cops do have procedures for such cases.

Wander about - He was just taking a stroll on the land of the free.. Are they supposed to be locked up? isnt that an abuse? THis shows how tolerant your society is.

Get into fracas with the law - But the law officers were suspended..that means the Law got into fracas with the person.

Profit- Its called compensation for the stupid act of American cops.. You would do that too if it was you or someone in your family who suffered such a thing. Dont tell me Americans dont sue for compensation on injustices.
The objective of compensation is not profit but make actions and actors accountable to your state.

Ofcourse you would be ashamed of your country the USA. DOnt justify the cops who mismanaged the whole incident..it could happen to apologists like you too. There is no gurantee otherwise. is there?

Last edited:

Otm Shank2

I wasn't going to get into this, but your ignorance seems to require it. I have seen the irresponsibility of the Gujarati before, well at least second hand.

A female cousin was engaged to a young man from Gujarat (he had been married twice before.) Tragically he died suddenly, intestate. His mother lived with him but spoke no English. His sister lived in the States but knew nothing of legal matters. So it devolved to my cousin to help the family, over a period of months, because the man did not have his own affairs in order, in spite of having significant property holdings and a young son. I think that should show your assumptions about me to be quite wrong. The hysteria of your bolded words above are particularly pathetic.

Billions of people around the world are trying to come to this racist police state. Isn't that odd?
Your petty family problems has no relation this case. The officer used excessive force and cause grievous bodily damage to an old man that was compliant and cooperative.

Tens of millions around the world want to immigrate to America because incidents like this are not supposed to happen and when they do there's proper compensation and change to the system to not allow it to happen again.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag

There is no evidence whatsoever supporting your assertions about this family.
And in this case a police officer was the problem. He used unwarranted force in an irresponsible manner resulting in a grievous injury to an elderly man. He should be fired and lose his pension for abusing his position of power. The family should also sue the living daylights out of the police department responsible for this debacle.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Your petty family problems has no relation this case. The officer used excessive force and cause grievous bodily damage to an old man that was compliant and cooperative.

Tens of millions around the world want to immigrate to America because incidents like this are not supposed to happen and when they do there's proper compensation and change to the system to not allow it to happen again.
It wasn't a question of "my petty family problem" it was a question of a serious problem for an Indian family which my cousin had to step in and take care of.

Obviously you enjoy being deliberately obtuse.

sorcerer

Country flag
It wasn't a question of "my petty family problem" it was a question of a serious problem for an Indian family which my cousin had to step in and take care of.

Obviously you enjoy being deliberately obtuse.
The cousin was engaged to the Indian guy..
We call it responsibility of the cousin..not a simple help!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The other day the bloody Americans were lecturing us on religious tolerance"¦ a shit country"¦
A shameless President who has guts to interfere in internal matters of other countries and his home burning.

The Ferguson fire was not even doused and this happened.

America is not a "land of free" as they claim but a racist country of whites killing millions across the world in dozens of FAKE wars.

Whites have history of genocide of locals and in this case Red Indians were massacred in US.

Illusive

Country flag
Lets just drop our national tags and look it at a human perspective, it was wrong what the cops did and the video shows its. He is an elderly man and to be treated with respect.

sorcerer

Country flag
A shameless President who has guts to interfere in internal matters of other countries and his home burning.

The Ferguson fire was not even doused and this happened.

America is not a "land of free" as they claim but a racist country of whites killing millions across the world in dozens of FAKE wars.

Whites have history of genocide of locals and in this case Red Indians were massacred in US.
and the US has the most number of human rights activists and organizations..
the incident means that they are just the extension of their federal govt to disrupt incidents in other countries and not their own.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Add to that the barrier of language and you have the deadly tripwire that turns someone's American Dream into the American nightmare.
In 1992, a Japanese exchange student, who spoke very little English, dressed as John Travolta for Halloween got lost in Baton Rouge and rang the doorbell of the wrong house while looking for a party. He got a bullet instead. The homeowner unable to understand his English decided he was a home intruder instead, an unarmed intruder who rang doorbells. The exchange student was 130 pounds. The homeowner was 6'2". There was a trial but the homeowner was acquitted. His defence emphasised he was an "average Joe" who liked "sugar in his grits".
That's how the story plays out almost every single time. In this case the police officer Eric Parker has been arrested and Madison police has said that his actions did not meet the "high standards and expectations" of his department. The Patels lawyer told the media that the police were finally doing the "right thing" even though on Monday they were trying to blame the victim.
The US Flag waving people should understand that ..the laws in USA is made for white people. Period. NOT for migrants and NRIs and Wannabes and whatever other nationals and dont take the smiles and dont take the system for granted.
@sorcerer
In the above case, what you forgot to mention is that there were 2 guys who came to that white american's house:
A jap and his american friend. The japanese student got shot in his head, for being on american's lawn.
And the police did not even charge the homeowner, saying he was in his right to shoot the Japanese exchange student.

Initially, the local police quickly questioned and released Mr. Peairs, and declined to charge him with any crime. They felt that "Peairs had been within his rights in shooting the trespasser."
--------------------
BUT when the situation is reversed and victim is white and assailant, well mixed: Tadaaaaa 70 years in prison for the assailant.

Man sentenced to 70 years in German exchange student's death
A Montana homeowner was sentenced Thursday to 70 years in prison, with no parole for at least 20 years, in the shotgun killing of a German exchange student who was trespassing in his garage.
-------------

PS: Obama the wise and his lectures are very much appreciated.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
neither was i about to get involved until ii saw these two posts

my initial reaction when i saw the cops video and also heard both parts of arnab goswami's
program during lunch - was that although the injuries are complex the facts of the case seem
straigthforward enough :- excessive force by ONE officer and who knows perhaps some racism
from him, but the other officer seemed ok to me from this distance

solution - that officer has to be fired and heavy compensation for the injured

but now something else kicks in -
that there may be racism in this particular event is hardly surprising ,
but still i wouldnt paint all usa police as such - the police in the usa are getting more
an more militarised - and there is knowledge of the huge fema camps - empty detention centres
being prepared and huge numbers of coffins being manufactured

police in the usa are being prepared for big time social unrest
so primarily this is really NOT about racism - it is a mere symptom of
the increased militarization of the US police force and their para-force organizations

this is really a wake up sign for americans - a small sample of things to come their way

remove the race element and see yourselves in that situation , my dear american friends
when you go for a walk - this could similarly happen to you - in future

i dont agree with most of what alex jones says - but neither can i dismiss all his
eveidence of detention centres beign prepared etc etc

so this really is a message to all americans - but as theyre too busy watching football
and assigning a race element to this (Gujerati problem ??? hah ! ) they just dont have the stuff
to see the bigger picture

Meanwhile - to both postersi quoted above,
1) i still like gujeratis
and (2) i still theink the usa is a great country

meanwhile,of course, O' Bummer has little right to lecture anyone on
religious tolerance ! :bs:

sorcerer

Country flag
@sorcerer
In the above case, what you forgot to mention is that there were 2 guys who came to that white american's house:
A jap and his american friend. The japanese student got shot in his head, for being on american's lawn.
And the police did not even charge the homeowner, saying he was in his right to shoot the Japanese exchange student.

--------------------
BUT when the situation is reversed and victim is white and assailant, well mixed: Tadaaaaa 70 years in prison for the assailant.

Man sentenced to 70 years in German exchange student's death

-------------

PS: Obama the wise and his lectures are very much appreciated.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

WHITE MEN like you have no shame at all.

About 30% kids in superior America don't grow up with their real father and not sure who their dad is. Do you know who is your real daddy? :lol: :lol:

In your world class 21st century super advanced culture(step-dad,step-mom,ex-wife,step-daughter,step-son and all other step-step, even family of cats and dogs are better.) inviting someone from family to take care of the household work might be a shameful thing but in some of the most ancient civilizations it's not.

We are not surprised since you are a superior WHITE MAN and all non-whites do not deserve to live on earth at all. The WHITE MAN's genocide of locals across the globe is a proof how racism is in WHITE GENES.Instead of accepting the truth WHITE BIGOTS like you are blaming the victim.

When some ADVENTUROUS WHITE WOMAN gets raped in India people like you jump out of your chair and blame and cry out loud but happy to coverup your racist attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles