Indian student raped, murdered in Australia, Krishna calls it unfortunate

Blackwater

Sydney/New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) A 24-year-old Indian student was raped and murdered and her body found stuffed in a suitcase in Australia's Sydney city last week. Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Monday described the incident as 'unfortunate' and said New Delhi was closely following the probe.

'This is a very very unfortunate incident. We are getting a report from our ambassador,' Krishna said. 'We are closely following and monitoring the investigation.'

Tosha Thakkar, a student of Sydney College of Business and IT, was raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed inside a suitcase in a canal in Sydney last week.

There has been a string of attacks on Indians in Australia during the past two years, sparking an outrage in India. One of the attacks proved fatal when Nitin Garg was killed in Melbourne in January last year.

Australian Police have arrested 19-year-old Daniel Stani-Reginald and charged him for murder and aggravated sexual assault on Thakkar.

Police said the 'predator' had waited until her housemate was away to sexually assault and kill her.

Her body was found Friday morning in a canal behind the Meadowbank Park in northwestern Sydney. It had been stuffed into a large, black, cloth suitcase, The Age reported.

The case was mentioned briefly in the Burwood Local Court Monday.

Stani-Reginald, an Australian of Sri Lankan descent, is alleged to have murdered Thakkar last Wednesday. He was arrested Friday night and charged over Thakkar's murder, the newspaper said.

About 20 friends and family members of Thakkar, who had been living in Australia to study accounting, turned up at the court, according to The Age.

'We are very upset, of course, and are just waiting to get justice ASAP. She was very nice, the type that got along with everybody and she didn't deserve this, such a painful death,' The Age quoted a friend as saying outside the court.

Detective Chief Inspector Pamela Young said Thakkar was a respectful young woman and did not deserve this at all.

Young said Thakkar's parents had not yet made plans to come to Australia and police hoped to return her body to India for a proper Hindu funeral service.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/indian-stu...na-calls-unfortunate-20110314-041539-304.html

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

Last edited by a moderator:

jatkshatriya

Yes, Krishna rightly said that it is unfortunate , It is unfortunate that she wasborn in this F****ng India of today where one citizens life has no value, other countries can rape Indian ass when their citizens are killed in India, but all indian ministers can do is to deem such incidents as unfortunate and then sip cofee in their air conditioned offices, what is the point of her being Indian, come to think of it , what is the point of my being Indian, what is the pount of me paying taxes for the Indian govt , when i know if someday i get killed in another country no one would do shit abt it, the entire system is bull shit, this so called legislature is bull shit,there is no Indian ethos in the legislature, 80 percent of India is rural people who dont even know what legislature is, if they were made to understand the legislature they would kick the entire system out, unfortunately india is ruled by psuedo elites , pseudo secularists, F******** so called educated F***R, India ideally shud terminate all its relations with Australia aand do everything in its power to make Autralian govt deliver justice so that the world understands that being indian is not just being a worthless dog who can be killed for sport, but again, i forgot....we are still being ruled by italians and wuropeans and Indian D**gs who licj italian A*SE

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

Last edited:

Oracle

May you R.I.P. Tosha and may your killer not get to see the sun in his lifetime. My prayers with her family and friends!

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Yes, Krishna rightly said that it is unfortunate , It is unfortunate that she wasborn in this F****ng India of today where one citizens life has no value, other countries can rape Indian ass when their citizens are killed in India, but all indian ministers can do is to deem such incidents as unfortunate and then sip cofee in their air conditioned offices, what is the point of her being Indian, come to think of it , what is the point of my being Indian, what is the pount of me paying taxes for the Indian govt , when i know if someday i get killed in another country no one would do shit abt it, the entire system is bull shit, this so called legislature is bull shit,there is no Indian ethos in the legislature, 80 percent of India is rural people who dont even know what legislature is, if they were made to understand the legislature they would kick the entire system out, unfortunately india is ruled by psuedo elites , pseudo secularists, F******** so called educated F***R, India ideally shud terminate all its relations with Australia aand do everything in its power to make Autralian govt deliver justice so that the world understands that being indian is not just being a worthless dog who can be killed for sport, but again, i forgot....we are still being ruled by italians and wuropeans and Indian D**gs who licj italian A*SE
If we put you on the chair of PM, what you are going to do about it?

You are spirited. But better to channelise your energy where it makes any result. What do you propose GOI to do. Give a body guard for every one or declare war against Australia. Can you remember how many foreighners have been raped in India in rcent years? How many women are being molested here every hour. Have you ever done anything about that? Do you have the guts to stand even before a group of eveteasers? Then why are you fuming for what is beyond your capacity.It is an unfortunate incident and it is. Only thing we can do to maintain diplomatic pressure on Australia to penalise the criminal as per their law.

Rage

DFI TEAM

You are spirited. But better to channelise your energy where it makes any result. What do you propose GOI to do. Give a body guard for every one or declare war against Australia. Can you remember how many foreighners have been raped in India in rcent years? How many women are being molested here every hour. Have you ever done anything about that? Do you have the guts to stand even before a group of eveteasers? Then why are you fuming for what is beyond your capacity.It is an unfortunate incident and it is. Only thing we can do to maintain diplomatic pressure on Australia to penalise the criminal as per their law.
He'd declare war, of course. Kya phaltu ke sawaal poochte ho yaar, Sabir?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If it would have been some VIP or his or her daughter then it would have been different. We have seen this in the sailors matter also. The GoI is not pressing for strong action in anyway. Instead they say that they are doing everything to get justice. :eek:mg::Cry:

Zaki

Country flag
very shocking and sad to hear that :(

ahhhhh i am speechless :angry:

May the culprits be hanged till death

Oracle

very shocking and sad to hear that :(

ahhhhh i am speechless :angry:

May the culprits be hanged till death
Capital punishment has been abolished in Australia.

Zaki, it might come as a shock and much to an extent an insult. But, people in the West are much obnoxious towards Pakistanis, the result is many Indians and Bangladeshis being caught in a racial crossfire and these type of incidents occurring. The dumb they are, they cannot distinguish between an Indian, Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. It's my own POV but not false, as some schmucks threw water on me, called me a 'P@ki' and ran away, not once, but twice.

P.S. You live in UK, you'd know about it and maybe have faced it too! Unless you are from Birmingham or Luton and OR other places.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Correct Post.

He'd be thrown out of the nearest window if he declared war on australia...because dozens would declare war on India on the same grounds.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Zaki, it might come as a shock and much to an extent an insult. But, people in the West are much obnoxious towards Pakistanis, the result is many Indians and Bangladeshis being caught in a racial crossfire and these type of incidents occurring. The dumb they are, they cannot distinguish between an Indian, Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. It's my own POV but not false, as some schmucks threw water on me, called me a 'P@ki' and ran away, not once, but twice.

P.S. You live in UK, you'd know about it and maybe have faced it too! Unless you are from Birmingham or Luton and OR other places.
Turns out, that the prejudice (towards South Asians) in Australian society probably exists due to our dear neighbors to the west :doh:

Read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashfield_gang_rapes

The Ashfield gang rapes were a series of attacks involving indecent assault and rape of possibly as many as eighteen teenaged women of varying ethnic backgrounds which were carried out in Ashfield, New South Wales, Australia in late 2001 and over a six month period in 2002.[1] A group of four Pakistani brothers and a Nepali student were convicted and imprisoned for the rapes.[2]

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The accused is of Sri Lankan origin.

Zaki

Country flag

Well I haven't faced any discrimination anywhere in Europe. They treat all nations equally... I only hear them from Indian peoples like you but haven't experienced myself yet :)

This P@ki term is also outdated and the young generation does not even know its meaning nowadays. The time is changing fast and the Western nations are becoming more liberal day by day

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Turns out, that the prejudice (towards South Asians) in Australian society probably exists due to our dear neighbors to the west :doh:

Read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashfield_gang_rapes
The accused is of Sri Lankan origin !!!

Well I haven't faced any discrimination anywhere in Europe. They treat all nations equally... I only hear them from Indian peoples like you but haven't experienced myself yet :)

If you haven't faced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And treating all nations, people, religion etc equally ? That is just absurd.
Indians as compared to other desis are very sensitive towards any perceived insult or discrimination. This has a lot to do with our booming economy and cultural pride.

This P@ki term is also outdated and the young generation does not even know its meaning nowadays. The time is changing fast and the Western nations are becoming more liberal day by day
In the UK atleast the **** slur is very common.

Oracle

Like me - because it happened with me? I don't need to make up stories about Pakistan or Pakistanis, which the whole world knows. I have even had a Pakistani flatmate who everyday would harp about how his manager treated him in London. Also, the term P@ki is not outdated, it's gaining more significance the world over as Pakistan is increasingly seen as the exporter of terrorism. Heard Geert Wilders?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Its great to hear that west is accommodating islamists by getting liberal day by day, and you are happy for your madrasa educated delusional brothers taking full advantage of it, however, I would like to know how is "land of the pure" (pun intended) replicating this gesture?

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Like me - because it happened with me? I don't need to make up stories about Pakistan or Pakistanis, which the whole world knows. I have even had a Pakistani flatmate who everyday would harp about how his manager treated him in London. Also, the term P@ki is not outdated, it's gaining more significance the world over as Pakistan is increasingly seen as the exporter of terrorism. Heard Geert Wilders?
Geert Wilders is fanning the flames of Islamophobia not "Pakiphobia". And yes there is rising anti-Islamic sentiment all over the western world.

Its great to hear that west is accommodating islamists by getting liberal day by day, and you are happy for your madrasa educated delusional brothers taking full advantage of it, however, I would like to know what how is "land of the pure" replicating this gesture?
??? lets not obfuscate the issue please.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
As u guys tend to make out over here that all racial attacks on indians in foreign countries is due to activities of pakistanis i tend to wonder why there is no news of pakistani being attacked in foreign countries.Is it due to the fact indians are meek and docile and pakistani hit back hard so whites are afraid to pick up on pakistanis.?

Is it this reason even smaller neighbors of india pick on it as was seen in the case of nepal /banglades/srilanka.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
As u guys tend to make out over here that all racial attacks on indians in foreign countries is due to activities of pakistanis i tend to wonder why there is no news of pakistani being attacked in foreign countries.Is it due to the fact indians are meek and docile and pakistani hit back hard so whites are afraid to pick up on pakistanis.?
That is just absurd. There are over 20,000 Pakistanis in Libya, there are thousands of Pakistanis in Japan, heard of them ?
Pak media is not interested in picking up these issues.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles