Indian states compared to countries on GDP/Per-capita

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Unless you are not paying income tax, driving a stolen Merc and sending all your income through Hawala abroad you are not a criminal in my eye.

But if you own a Mercedes and even if you don't pay Income Tax you are absolutely fine because you are in the dragnet of crazy (consumption/indirect) taxation.

Income Tax in India is a bit of a joke.

In any case big cities and a few states are subsidizing most of India.

Whether it was UPA or Modi sarkar both are too much into Social Security BS which Indian people can ill afford.
You have some pretty loose standards! You have some pretty loose standards!

salute

Interesting articles. I can symphatize with India. My country was also robbed by colonislists, ravaged by war and reduced to one of the poorest countries in Europe. Luckily we managed to recover somehow. It is great to know that we have so much in common with India.
you were lucky because you didn't had congress party ruling your country after robbers left,

india was robbed for 65 years even after british left. :laugh:

jouni

Fin
False ... their small and close nit countries make it very very easy to centrally control, because they have had a high degree of trust in their governments. India's size is a major challenge that goes un noticed. Also we lost all our indigenous knowledge system and were "reverse industrialized" in the sense that the little textile industry we had was wiped out and the country that has world largest fertile land both by area and as percentage was forced on food handouts for the first two decades. India is a very very extreme case .... no comparison with finland. @jouni
FinnIsh textile industry was also wiped out: it is now in bangladesh and India. Quite an irony ;)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why do you have so huge population? Is it prohibited to use condoms? Whats the point of having 1.25 Bn people when you cannot provide for them?
It is historical. We were huge even before independence in 1947 before condoms became popular. India has good hot climate and no surprise, procreation comes naturally to people unlike Finland where before the advent of industrialization saving body energy was paramount.

Also, Indian ethos are individualistic unlike Finland. So, it is really individual choice rather than state choice. You even snatch away kids from their biological stupid parents. Sorry, we don't want to be a state driven society like you.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Fin

FinnIsh textile industry was also wiped out: it is now in bangladesh and India. Quite an irony ;)
In india the thumbs of textile workers were cut off , the Raw material was sent to manchester and sold back to India at seller determined prices.
Concurrently , Opium was forced to be planted to fuel the opium wars with china severely depleting the nutritional value of the soil.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Fin

The equivalent of wiping out textile industry in India would be to close down Nokia and other tech companies in Finland. Kill the people who have basic knowhow of technology and force the remaining to do farming and slap super high tax rate on them. Unless you do that, the thought experiment is incomplete.

jouni

To each his own... Well it must never be boring or lonely in India. My friend said that in chinese language there is no word for " privacy", guess it is the same with you.

jouni

The equivalent of wiping out textile industry in India would be to close down Nokia and other tech companies in Finland. Kill the people who have basic knowhow of technology and force the remaining to do farming and slap super high tax rate on them. Unless you do that, the thought experiment is incomplete.
You just let it happen... When Czar tried to "russophize" Finland we kicked the Russkies out. We were three million, they were 200 000 000... You were 200 000 000, brits were 60000...

jouni

Sounds like what Stalin and communism did in Russia.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
You just let it happen... When Czar tried to "russophize" Finland we kicked the Russkies out. We were three million, they were 200 000 000... You were 200 000 000, brits were 60000...
Also depends on what Russia could have got by capturing Finland. A useless piece of land with few people. No reason to waste resources on capturing a useless territory.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

To each his own... Well it must never be boring or lonely in India. My friend said that in chinese language there is no word for " privacy", guess it is the same with you.
The word is ekānnt .............................................................................

jouni

Also depends on what Russia could have got by capturing Finland. A useless piece of land with few people. No reason to waste resources on capturing a useless territory.
Well, they did try later.. I think Russia still suffers hundred years later the effect of commies cleansing the intelligents and entrepeneurs. So it is possible that India also suffers what happened 200 years ago. I feel sorry for you both. I hope that later west has tried to correct the old wrongs with aid and co op projects. Future will hopefully be bright for you.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Well, they did try later.. I think Russia still suffers hundred years later the effect of commies cleansing the intelligents and entrepeneurs. So it is possible that India also suffers what happened 200 years ago. I feel sorry for you both. I hope that later west has tried to correct the old wrongs with aid and co op projects. Future will hopefully be bright for you.
Aid is the biggest BS peddled by west to maintain its influence. Even India gives aid and that should help you understand what aid does. Don't feel sorry, we are doing great.

Soon India will capture Europe and deposit extra people in Finland!

jouni

Aid is the biggest BS peddled by west to maintain its influence. Even India gives aid and that should help you understand what aid does. Don't feel sorry, we are doing great.

Soon India will capture Europe and deposit extra people in Finland!
Good then we can both amuse the world with our funny english accent.. Maybe we can learn hindu like we learned Russian. Only Russian phrase every Finn knows is "Rukhi verr.."

salute

Why do you have so huge population? Is it prohibited to use condoms? Whats the point of having 1.25 Bn people when you cannot provide for them?
dude i didn't made india populated, :pound:

well india and china was always hugh populated countries historically,

because they were richest countries for 1600 years,

india and china combined had 50 percent of whole worlds GDP,

hence the hugh population because these countries were capable to provide that hugh population.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
This video will explain why China and India are soooooooo huge.............................

salute

if you thinks that west gives money as a help to rebulid countries as a compensation for their mistake,

this is one example for real business behind their money help,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles