Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
Hmm NSG (like on 26/11) still assualting roof tops with the Mi-17. Anybody have any idea if they have ever trained on the Dhruv? the Mi-17 is big, noise and requires more time to unass the troops.

The ALH allows you to deploy troops two at a time or even 4 at a time through both side doors if needed.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Bro I know that operator personally. Special Group has unique gear which makes them easy to identify.
View attachment 25071
This Helmet is issued to SG , MARCOS & VBSS. But ACOG sight is used by SFF & SG only , on their flat top Tavors. While MARCOS have Mepro Mor on their stock Tavors.
Which is great news!!

SG operator in the middle of Kashmir valley conducting urban op...Giving a good opportunity to the tango to get a top operator killed with a fluke and endangering the life of a top operator on whom you have spent lacs whereas he should be involved in psyops or cross loc raids to take out prime targets.

Whereas last year on the LOC where PARA SF is deployed with regular troops a Para SF operator single handedly engaged 3 SSG operators out of which 1 was killed and another 2 were heavily injured.

Is SG supposed to be a Tier 1 unit or is it another Para battalion?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Have you seen the other units that were present. Polish , Turks , greeks, us oda. ?! Some units train for war some for competition. Then above units that won have probably never fired a bullet in combat .

That being said - I partially agree with you but your context is off
Everyone trains for the competition.

IA trains troops for months for Cambrian patrol.I would not believe that this being the 2nd year of NSG participation and they did not train for it.

Maybe they are not deserving.

We all love our country but it takes something even to win competitions.

If Chinese are sending their top 1% whats stopping us?

Or rather the question is that does the NSG top 1% not have it in them?

mayfair

SoKo special units have carried out remarkable long range deep penetration strikes into NoKo for years and years at the risk of most painful and horrible death- many actually did.

How many of them have won the so-called SF competitions?

Sometimes, I feel people focus more on optics and less on substance.

There are plenty to things to slam NSG for if you wish to go that route- Tactics, command, structure, equipment, expertise or lack thereof.

This is what should be focussed on, not some bleeding carnival, that has little relevance in the greater scheme of things..

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
SoKo special units have carried out remarkable long range deep penetration strikes into NoKo for years and years at the risk of most painful and horrible death- many actually did.

How many of them have won the so-called SF competitions?

Sometimes, I feel people focus more on optics and less on substance.

There are plenty to things to slam NSG for if you wish to go that route- Tactics, command, structure, equipment, expertise or lack thereof.

This is what should be focussed on, not some bleeding carnival, that has little relevance in the greater scheme of things..
So why participate?

Lets live with our high head in our own little pond!

And SOKO units are trained by the best ie US tier 1 units unlike us they did not live in the umbrella of Soviet union.

We have developed our own tactics over a long period of time and hence we need exposure to western tactics and technology which we have been doing.

Here is a list of Warrior competition winners and i dont see any undeserving units.

Units which have no experience of combat have won it is the arguement..check it out!!!

armyofhind

Country flag
Units which have no experience of combat have won it is the arguement..check it out!!!
I'm sure you know sir that shooting at steel targets is vastly different than shooting at bearded jihadis who shoot back.

More than these competitions, it is cross training which is more important.

NSG SAG men took a lot of pride in their battlefield obstacle course at Manesar.. spread over a huge area. When they went to GSG9 headquarters, they were hard-pressed to complete their obstacle course located within the confines of a hall.
Those lessons were later incorporated into Manesar.

Chinese "Special Forces" may be doing good in competitions, but how good they are or have been in actual combat is anybody's guess.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I'm sure you know sir that shooting at steel targets is vastly different than shooting at bearded jihadis who shoot back.

More than these competitions, it is cross training which is more important.

NSG SAG men took a lot of pride in their battlefield obstacle course at Manesar.. spread over a huge area. When they went to GSG9 headquarters, they were hard-pressed to complete their obstacle course located within the confines of a hall.
Those lessons were later incorporated into Manesar.

Chinese "Special Forces" may be doing good in competitions, but how good they are or have been in actual combat is anybody's guess.
NSG has a long way to go in a lot of things.

If such competitions are not important then we should not participate..simple!

But i am glad someone in the NSG knows how important these competitions are to learn.

Thinking that we are the best and we dont need to prove anything is stupid.

Forgive me and this thread for saying this but was the NSG best in 26/11..like they could have not done anything better?

BTW GSG9 won the competition...i hope that adds some respect to the competition.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Buddy this line we need to erase and discuss.

This fucks up the intellect part of any discussion on this forum.
Everyone has the right to disagree. I fail to see where/if the Chinese even have any operational experience when it comes to spec Force operations. Last time the PLA ended up having to face African militia men, they ended up packing their bags and running off while the locals were raped. Finally ended up with IA UN peace keeping force to help the locals.

Besides, watch the Chinese special forces documentary on History channel. It makes everything clear.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Everyone has the right to disagree. I fail to see where/if the Chinese even have any operational experience when it comes to spec Force operations. Last time the PLA ended up having to face African militia men, they ended up packing their bags and running off while the locals were raped. Finally ended up with IA UN peace keeping force to help the locals.

Besides, watch the Chinese special forces documentary on History channel. It makes everything clear.
Guess who posted the Chinese SF documentary on this thread?..Go back and please look!

Just because Chinese are not successful in real ops doesnt mean the competition is not genuine.

And if so..why send your team?

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Guess who posted the Chinese SF documentary on this thread?..Go back and please look!

Just because Chinese are not successful in real ops doesnt mean the competition is not genuine.

And if so..why send your team?
Everyone who watched it was entirely unimpressed, plz check the documentary and compare it with PARA SF, Seals etc...Its very underwhelming. I have nothing against praising SF of rival countries. EVEN SSG could easily deal with the Chinese spec ops.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Everyone who watched it was entirely unimpressed, plz check the documentary and compare it with PARA SF, Seals etc...Its very underwhelming. I have nothing against praising SF of rival countries. EVEN SSG could easily deal with the Chinese spec ops.
I insisted you to go back and check who posted the video here.

The same guy also criticised the Chinese SF.

That guy is me.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I know, which is why I question their capabilities..
Its true.But what do we have to do with them.The whole Chinese military doesnt maintain the same standard also.

Their western Army is weaker than their Eastern.The Eastern has its major SF units.

Haha which is what i posted the video of..ie Beijing SF brigade.

So that is that...fuck em!

What we should do is to compete more with Western SF units who are not like the Chinese.

I think this competition is the right medium for exposure and learning.

A saying goes in the SF that they are the most tough in the whole world.I think this is the right place to test that.

And why not aim to win it man..it will raise the morale of troops also.

Indibomber

Exactly the point when you know you wont be shoot back at, your reaction time accuracy should improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles