Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmoy

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hmm okay thoroughly confused. Why have BP and Cobra separate. ? So much experience going to waste
Is it possible BP would be trained for urban naxal combat? Cobra is a jungle based unit.

rkhanna

Country flag
Is it possible BP would be trained for urban naxal combat? Cobra is a jungle based unit.
Then what's the NSG there for ?

Also why not a unified COIN command at HM where resources and training and man power is pooled. ?

IndiaRising

Country flag
chill saar!!! if you leave out rajnath's "Kadi ninda" statements, he has been an impactful HM.

SWAT teams seem to be well equipped.
Naxal ops are going well..
No major riots..
No Bomb blasts..
No partisanship when it comes to going after politicians..
Stopping useless NGO's...

i am sure this list is longer...

He has done a good job so far...
the only disappointing minister for me is Nirmala Seetharaman. Its clear she doesn't have any interest in defense. ideally, it would be Gen VK Singh heading this ministry but of course MoD babus along with some corrupt generals would get their panties in a twist if it were to happen.

Chinmoy

Country flag
the only disappointing minister for me is Nirmala Seetharaman. Its clear she doesn't have any interest in defense. ideally, it would be Gen VK Singh heading this ministry but of course MoD babus along with some corrupt generals would get their panties in a twist if it were to happen.
Lets not discuss politics here. But one thing is to be noted. The Achilles heel in Indian defence is financial strength. So a technocrat or a retired personal is not the right choice at the helm as they would put emphasis on their respective domain. So we do need someone who could also look at financial aspect as of now.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
2nd Row, The second one doesn't seems to be SG, maybe a MARCO.
Bro I know that operator personally. Special Group has unique gear which makes them easy to identify.
33126605_1350182775114859_8405842561297547264_n.jpg

This Helmet is issued to SG , MARCOS & VBSS. But ACOG sight is used by SFF & SG only , on their flat top Tavors. While MARCOS have Mepro Mor on their stock Tavors.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
DYthkPxVMAAbQaJ.jpg

Well if you are talking about SG's helmet particularly then they have started wrapping helmets into camo in a correct way as in the above pic. Not like the one in collage. It is done because round and curvy shape of helmet is too revealing. Can be easily detected even if you are hiding in bushes. This thing giving us advantage along LOC. Pakis are using big PASGT helmets and that too wrapping them into their lighter colored camo.
58415775c8e08.jpg

Now imagine green dense forest and this helmet pops up. Easy target. Even in urban areas.
Our helmet is little compact and it need to be wrapped into darker camo to avoid detection. With PATKA this was not much an issue because of it's unusual design.

Now see this picture. Here our jawans have 2 types of camos on their helmets. But the lighter colored camo seems more revealing. While darker leaf pattern camo can be tough to detect during combat. That's why a helmet needs camo on it and a darker shade is preferable. I hope you got that.

Indibomber

Was reviewing the 10th Annual warrior KASOTC contest where NSG commandos has been participating NSG was outclassed.
1) Lebanese Internal forces
2) Chinese
3) US SWAT
Were named as winners.. we were 8th last year.. BC we need to train our SF better.. this reminded me of the book eye for any eye which stated that Indian SF fight with heart nothing else poor training and poor weapons.. not up to the Gold standard.

rkhanna

Country flag
Was reviewing the 10th Annual warrior KASOTC contest where NSG commandos has been participating NSG was outclassed.
1) Lebanese Internal forces
2) Chinese
3) US SWAT
Were named as winners.. we were 8th last year.. BC we need to train our SF better.. this reminded me of the book eye for any eye which stated that Indian SF fight with heart nothing else poor training and poor weapons.. not up to the Gold standard.
Have you seen the other units that were present. Polish , Turks , greeks, us oda. ?! Some units train for war some for competition. Then above units that won have probably never fired a bullet in combat .

That being said - I partially agree with you but your context is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles