Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthf

Country flag
Newbie question

1. Can a Garud Commando ever become ACM?
2. I have heard MARCOS climb up to Commodore but not sure if a MARCOS has ever become an Admiral or a Vice Admiral
Both scenarios are unlikely for the simplest reason, small pool size. SFs make up the smallest part of any branch of Indian military. Plus, I don't think its a good idea to make a SF guy, chief of any branch.

singhboy98

Country flag
Newbie question

2. I have heard MARCOS climb up to Commodore but not sure if a MARCOS has ever become an Admiral or a Vice Admiral
1.) They cannot and they should not. The IAF is about aerial battles and we need an aviator as the chief for that.
2.) Not sure.

binayak95

Country flag
Newbie question

No, the only way an SF operative can rise to staff rank is if there's a SOCOM or equivalent. That's yet to happen.

The MARCO in question is Commodore Arvind Singh, who participated in Op Pawan, Sri Lanka ( in the same year as the formation of the MARCOS (known as IMSF then), 1987)

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Can I buy this online? Does this or similar Indian military merchandise sell online?
I have seen the Israelis and the Americans, even the French n the Brits do a fab job in selling similar stuff online.
Jingoes like me would definitely buy
No, it was given to SF operators only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles