Indian soldiers beheaded by Pak's Border Area Team (05/08/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I heard from a freind of mine who has conntacts within the IA that the IA sent in SOFs to the Paksitani side and they raided a Pakistani camp and killed many in retaliation.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I believe every technological resource to detect intruders should be available to forces on India's border with Pakistan.

I assume border personnel are always at a high level of awareness in their sectors.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I heard from a freind of mine who has conntacts within the IA that the IA sent in SOFs to the Paksitani side and they raided a Pakistani camp and killed many in retaliation.
They might be from Para or Ghatak. But there base unit was Kumaon.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I believe every technological resource to detect intruders should be available to forces on India's border with Pakistan.

I assume border personnel are always at a high level of awareness in their sectors.
Indeed they are always on high alert, as at some location our posts are face to face. We do have thermal imaging & NVGs at various posts. We have video cams at various locations for surveillance. Exact happening can be find out only after visiting the location.

Snuggy321

the moral effect on the comrades of these dead soldiers must have been terrible. Imagine your buddies get beheaded like animals by those terrorists and you are not allowed to do anything but keep on sitting in your bunker with a gun in your hand :frusty:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In response to what ?
Are you talking about during Kargil ? or during a particular incident ?

Victor Sierra

Country flag
the moral effect on the comrades of these dead soldiers must have been terrible. Imagine your buddies get beheaded like animals by those terrorists and you are not allowed to do anything but keep on sitting in your bunker with a gun in your hand :frusty:
Moral effect always & every-time in Indian Army. Its when you are at the front & your family is in problem & you are helpless. Obviously watching your buddy in such condition is terrible. But this is Army & if you get your moral down, the enemy will take advantage & you will never be able to pay for your buddies life.

Our men didn't sat in bunker, they went in & took revenge.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
It was a post, they slashed all the men to death except one. Everything was pre-planned.
According to my report: Kumaon when saw the beheaded bodies. They couldn't resist to go in & slash them all. But at that time somehow situation was made under control. By the evening (dinner) it was decided, that revenge has to be taken but some were still doubtful on this action. Next day special group of men planned & then next day it was carried out.

Not sure when exactly it happened but AFAIK there was one day gap.

Two main Motives of this mission was:
1) Revenge, to gain back trust & boost morale within the Army.
2) Demoralizing their soldiers, so that next time they don't think about this.

abingdonboy

Country flag
And this is how a civilised nation behaves?? I think not, Just goes to show you how rotten the PA and the entire Pakistani state is- right to the core. Fundamenalists are in almost every position now. The PA has lost any respect I once had for it.

agentperry

And this is how a civilised nation behaves?? I think not, Just goes to show you how rotten the PA and the entire Pakistani state is- right to the core. Fundamenalists are in almost every position now. The PA has lost any respect I once had for it.
that army had no capability but false false ego only. they were humiliated many times and the self styled militia ie the PA failed to protect its nation in 1971 and now almost daily from talibs and home grown insurgents.
the problem is not only fundamentalist reigning in pakistani power corridor but fundamentalist who headed and are heading PA and other pakistani armed forces who dont have the idea or concept of pakistan. for them the islam is everything and they have impulsive and shortsighted idea of war or life or anything- thats why they shout a slogan and attack enemies and get tighter slap in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles