Indian Rupee Symbol unicode font - ₹ is it working for you?

peacecracker

wanted to post this, since many posts in the forum uses Indian rupee symbol as a image to post in forums while a unicode character exists for Indian rupee. I don't know, if the rupee symbol needs extra effort(installing font) to be visible.
Indian rupee symbol(₹) is now available with most latest operating systems Windows 7,All Gnu/Linux/BSD/*nixes and Apple iOS.

My Question is, Rupee Symbol is working default in Common operating Systems? is it need addition of Rupee font?

Unicode

On 10 August 2010, the Unicode Technical Committee accepted the proposed code position U+20B9 ₹ indian rupee sign .[22] The character has been encoded in the Unicode 6.0, and named distinctly from the existing character U+20A8 ₨ rupee sign (HTML: ₨), which will continue to be available as the generic rupee sign.[23][24]

Ubuntu became the first operating system (OS) to support the Indian rupee symbol by default. Since Ubuntu 10.10, codenamed as Maverick Meerkat, it has supported the symbol out of the box [25].

The rupee symbol has been added in Fedora 15, codenamed as Lovelock. [26]

On 18 May 2011, Microsoft released an update to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems to include support for this new Indian rupee symbol. This update includes font support, locale changes, and keyboard support.[27]

Apple Inc. has added support for the rupee symbol with iOS 5.
Indian rupee sign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

font:
Evertype: Rupakara a sans-serif font for India
Foradian Technologies - Filed under 'rupee'

peacecracker

It is working for you.

My Rs. 2.
working for Me, because I've already installed rupee font.
"₹" this appears as a square means no fonts are assigned(installed) for Indian rupee character.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles