Indian Police Force

WolfPack86

Country flag
As overall spending crash-lands, Kerala government takes off on a helicopter...

Helicopter blades are kicking up a political storm in 'COVID-19'-hit Kerala....
At a time when it claims to be nearly broke, the Pinarayi Vijayan government has gone ahead and paid...
the first of the three advance payments to secure a 10-seater multipurpose twin-engine helicopter on...
on wet lease, an arrangement in which the helicopter company will provide the crew and will also con
trol the operations....

“What was the need for renting a helicopter at this time? Was there any emergency,” opposition lead
er Ramesh Chennithala asked. “It beats me why they are moving ahead with such an unnecessary deal at
a time when they are asking people to adopt a frugal lifestyle,” he said....

The payment of Rs 1.71 crore (the rent of Rs 1.45 crore plus 18 per cent GST) has been made on March
31, the last day of the 2019-20 fiscal, to Pawan Hans, a public sector helicopter service company.
The money was authorised relaxing the economy orders in place.

The deal with Pawan Hans, for a AS 365 Dauphin N helicopter, was struck in December 2019
The rent was Rs 1.45 crore for 20 hours of flying a month; for every additional hour of flying, the
the Police Department had to pay an extra Rs 67,926.

Under the deal, Pawan Hans will begin operations in Kerala only after Kerala government paid the rent
of the first three months in advance. The Rs 1.71 crore transferred to Pawan Hans on March 31 is
the first of the three advance rent payments.
https://english.manoramaonline.com/...-rent-pinarayi-vijayan-kerala-government.html

Vishal reddy

Country flag
This is TN police STF(Special Task Force) not commando unit...
This video is in tamil with English subtitles , but you should watch it, because of their training and weapon handling and forest guerrilla warfare and survivability... Must watch

WolfPack86

Country flag
Govt approves Rs 1.76 crore for hiring helicopter
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Overlooking allegations of tender irregularities and the austerity measures adopted by the state, the government has allocated Rs 1.76 crore in advance to hire a helicopter from Pawan Hans for various operational purpose of the police.

The decision of the government to hire the chopper from Pawan Hans had run into a controversy after rival companies alleged that their tender bids were overruled despite quoting lower amounts. The amount now sanctioned will cover the fixed monthly charge of Rs 1.44 crore plus the GST rate of 18 per cent.

The hiring will be on a wet-lease basis and in case of flying beyond 20 hours per month, an hourly charge of Rs 67,926 will be charged. The police had proposed hiring the ‘AS 365 Dauphin N Helicopter’. Three types of choppers were suggested by Pawan Hans, of which Dauphin was selected on account of its technical superiority.

Dauphin is a medium twin-engine machine with sound-proofing and can be used for aerial tracking and identification of insurgents, troop insertion in Naxal-infested areas, deployment of commandos and rescue and relief operations.

However, the matter ran into troubled waters after reports emerged that the rival competitors, who had quoted lesser amounts, were arbitrarily ignored. The move was also criticised on the account of the austerity measures put in place by the government.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/st...-176-crore-for-hiring-helicopter-2108496.html

Harbinger

कसाई
I wonder what they do with the removed tri-rail lower handguard after attaching M6 UBGL to it. They should use it on other Arsenal ARs otherwise it's a waste of accessory and money.
Armourers put a number on it in correspondence to the rifle's butt number and keep it aside as "accessory"

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is Normal TN police beat cop I guess...
This video is in Tamil but with English subtitles
Their equipment looks cool!!!
Every single police officer in India should be wearing a body camera that they cannot tamper with and no fines should be legally enforceable unless there is photographic/ video evidence of wrongdoing.

but I bet the entire contents of my wallet that you won’t find even 1% of the entire TN police force with that gear (radio, camera and high vis vest) on the streets

charlie

Country flag
This is Normal TN police beat cop I guess...
This video is in Tamil but with English subtitles
Their equipment looks cool!!!
Well the toy radio kenwood gives it away.

This Body cam cannot be used all 8 to 10 hours of the duty because of recording space and it can be tempered with if the police is trying to hide its criminal activity. As per taking photo police can always use personal camera. This camera is not that resourceful.

Now if you trying to do what US is doing then they are building a 100 billion dollar network called first net. Body camera is just small part of it.

Currently a Motorola body camera can do a lot. The dispatcher on console(command central aware) can see an area of interest and see what resources are available in that area if there is a officer with body cam then he can login into it and can see visual feed, if it’s a traffics camera he can login into that and see, he can see what officer is there through the officers radio and dispatch him at the spot. The dispatcher can see how many officers are in the area as well. There is lot of things the 7.17 system can do but I lost the PDF for it. I will post it if I find it
https://watchguardvideo.com/body-cameras/vista
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/c...ntral-aware/commandcentral-aware-brochure.pdf
https://info.callmc.com/hubfs/MCA_Website/Industry/Law Enforcement/motorola_si500_specsheet.pdf

Last edited:

Vishal reddy

Country flag
This Body cam cannot be used all 8 to 10 hours of the duty because of recording space and it can be tempered with if the police is trying to hide its criminal activity. As per taking photo police can always use personal camera. This camera is not that resourceful.
YES THE BEAT POLICE ARE PROVIDED WITH POWER BANKS!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles