Indian pakistani bhai bhai

mayfair

North Indian culture and Pakistani culture by and large is quite similar. If you start making n=1 observations, then I can make them too.
There's no homogenous North Indian culture. Folks from Eastern UP and Bihar find few similarities with those from Punjab, Haryana and Himachal, so claiming that they share similarities with Paki culture (which itself has subnational variances) is a big stretch. And no, I do not wish to get into a pissing contest for n=1,2,3...thank you very much.

Establishment ought to take into account the wishes of the people, but does it ?
My point exactly

so the hate isn't a 1 way street just wanted to establish that.
No it is not. But the traffic is hardly symmetric.

Sir I can't argue with emotions.
Well you did exactly that when claiming that almost all North Indians would feel at home in Lahore. I spoke from my experience and only about myself and those I know.

I agree. I have argued earlier to that, although we are very similar, and in most cases share bloodlines too but the fact is we are completely different when it comes to our views.

If we are to peacefully co-exist then there has to be a paradigm shift in both nations.
Ahh the classic equal-equal. More than a paradigm shift is needed in Pakistan. It is them who refuse to peacefully co-exist rather than us. It is not us who defined our identity on a negative axis, we do not teach institutional hatred against communities that may not share our beliefs. We need a paradigm shift no doubt, but for the betterment of our people, our country and our economy.

Galaxy

Country flag
I would love to visit Lahore and Karachi, mostly for the curiosity/nostalgia factor and esp to prove that Delhi has better food. Delhi-Lahore are twin cities or so I am led to believe.

I have talked to a lot of people who have been to Pakistan and also a lot of Pakistanis who have been to India. They all say the same thing. And one of the person I talked to is associated with RSS.
Lahore-Delhi twin cities ?? :shocked:
Are you still living in Mughal era ?? Or may be you have read too much history.

May be you met few Muslims whose relatives are in Pakistan. I don't remember last time when i met any Non-Muslim who visited Pakistan or even interested to go there. I do met/know 1,000 of people who hate Lahore or Karachi and Love any other Indian city but (even mostly they are all north Indian). I 've heard 1st time in my life that anyone will feel like HOME in Lahore/Karachi and not in Madras. It's very weird feeling. Lahore is heartland of Anti-Indian element. Those morons wants India to cut in 100 pieces and are totally Anti-Hindu (Sorry but they refer India as Hindu). I am still surprised with your statement that anyone from Delhi will feel comfortable in Islamic terrorist cities like Lahore and Karachi but uncomfortable in Chennai.

If someone feels HOME in Pakistan cities and uncomfortable in South India then I have nothing to say more. IM and SIMI also have similar opinion. I rest my case !!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
For visiting these places, yaar.

And you can't live in the South, the Southie dfites will find you and convert you. :laugh:
convert me ? never.

my parents use to love going to sagar ratna...i used to bear it at first but couldn't take idli sambar frequently and told them either we all go to moti mahal or you can go to sagar ratna. i was 13 at that time and i didn't go to sagar for 6 years! now i go if other are going but not more than twice or thrice a year.

sukhish

Thanks..i will keep entertaining you..lets hope i stay here for a while :D

see you tomorrow my neighbours :)
Raja,
Please come back to this forum, the idea is not make run away from here. Yes members initially will display the frustrations, but eventually it will settle down. you sound very reasonable, we would very respect your opinion. as a matter of fact, pakistan has one of the best qualifies people every field.
it's just the these terrorists have brought a very bad name for the whole country.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Lahore-Delhi twin cities ?? :shocked:
Are you still living in Mughal era ?? Or may be you have read too much history.

May be you met few Muslims whose relatives are in Pakistan. I don't remember last time when i met any Non-Muslim who visited Pakistan or even interested to go there. I do met/know 1,000 of people who hate Lahore or Karachi and Love any other Indian city but (even mostly they are all north Indian). I 've heard 1st time in my life that anyone will feel like HOME in Lahore/Karachi and not in Madras. It's very weird feeling. Lahore is heartland of Anti-Indian element. Those morons wants India to cut in 100 pieces and are totally Anti-Hindu (Sorry but they refer India as Hindu). I am still surprised with your statement that anyone from Delhi will feel comfortable in Islamic terrorist cities like Lahore and Karachi but uncomfortable in Chennai.

If someone feels HOME in Pakistan cities and uncomfortable in South India then I have nothing to say more. IM and SIMI also have similar opinion. I rest my case !!
What you and singh are saying is mere opinions. Neither him nor you or i have been there so cant comment. We can only say what other people who have been there say. I have met both who say it is similar and it is not similar. It is personal opinion.

But they do wear same clothes, eat same food, speak same language and watch Indian serials on tv. They suffer identity crises. Obviously not everything is same and paki cities to us would feel like smaller towns in up infrastructure wise.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There's no homogenous North Indian culture. Folks from Eastern UP and Bihar find few similarities with those from Punjab, Haryana and Himachal, so claiming that they share similarities with Paki culture (which itself has subnational variances) is a big stretch. And no, I do not wish to get into a pissing contest for n=1,2,3...thank you very much.
There is no similarities between people of mewat in Harayana and Ambala in Haryana. Between people of Abohar in Punjab and Pathankot in Punjab etc
IF you take the amalgamation of these culture you'll arrive at a composite, holistic North Indian culture which is very similar to the Pakistani culture.

Well you did exactly that when claiming that almost all North Indians would feel at home in Lahore. I spoke from my experience and only about myself and those I know.
Do you know anyone who's been to Pakistan ? I know North Indians who have been to both the south and to pakistan. we can agree to disagree on this point.

I personally feel out of place in many parts of this country, hope that doesn't make me unpatriotic ?

[qulote]Ahh the classic equal-equal. More than a paradigm shift is needed in Pakistan. It is them who refuse to peacefully co-exist rather than us. It is not us who defined our identity on a negative axis, we do not teach institutional hatred against communities that may not share our beliefs. We need a paradigm shift no doubt, but for the betterment of our people, our country and our economy.[/QUOTE]

I agree that we need to work for our betterment, but paradigm shift from our end viz a viz Pakistan, ought to include wielding a big stick and not being afraid to use it.

mayfair

There is no similarities between people of mewat in Harayana and Ambala in Haryana. Between people of Abohar in Punjab and Pathankot in Punjab etc. IF you take the amalgamation of these culture you'll arrive at a composite, holistic North Indian culture which is very similar to the Pakistani culture.
I beg to differ. I believe some parts of the overall culture may share similarities, but then some if it also shares a great deal of similarities with other places in India. Let us agree to disagree on this point

Do you know anyone who's been to Pakistan ? I know North Indians who have been to both the south and to pakistan. we can agree to disagree on this point.

I personally feel out of place in many parts of this country, hope that doesn't make me unpatriotic ?
I know a few who have been to Pakistan and also know plenty who have lived in the South (being one myself). My perceptions differ from yours so you are right we can agree to disagree.

However, I must add that while you claimed that almost all North Indians would find themselves at home in Lahore/Karachi than say Madras, I pointed out that it was clearly not the case (at least for the latter) from many that I know. I am no statistician, but extrapolating the sample size, all one can say is that many people from North find themselves comfortable in Pakistan and many find themselves comfortable in the South.

Since the sample size for those who have been both to Pakistan AND South would be very small, it is a stretch to claim that "almost all North Indians would find themselves more at home in Lahore/Karachi than Madras"

I agree that we need to work for our betterment, but paradigm shift from our end viz a viz Pakistan, ought to include wielding a big stick and not being afraid to use it.
Absolutely agree.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Singh:

Making the same mistake that you always do. First of all, India is not North India. And North India is not Punjab. This pappi-jhappi orgy of "feeling at home in Pakistan", "Pakis are sooo similar to us" is indulged in, 95% of the time, by Punjabis + some Dilliwalas (even some non-Punjabi ones).

Now as I mentioned before, while it is natural that you might feel at home with the Pakis due to your shared culture and language, it is not natural to extrapolate that to claim that "India shares shared culture". No, you cannot even say "North India shares culture with the Pakis".

The reality is that Pakjabis dominate Pakistan, and when RAPE Pakjabis come to India for the Pappi-Jhappi or cricket sessions (usually to Mohali, and upto Delhi, very rarely beyond), they go gaga in the media about "shared culture and heritage". The Indian media has been picking this up for years, and made it a default stereotypical narrative. You are just parroting the same narrative. The Dilliwala Punjabi reporters don't know much about India anyway, as is usual with reporters. One set of idiots started this inane narrative of "India-Pakistan have shared heritage and culture", and the rest of the reporter drones followed along, and kept parroting the same thing.

Let us talk about India now. Those collection of 7 (+1) states in the North East, which forms a good chunk of India's map - what shared culture and heritage do they share with the Pakis? The "Southern states", as you put it, the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, Maharashtra, West Bengal, etc. etc.

If a pure vegetarian Mishra or Tripathi goes to Lahore, he would most likely have a tough time. Not so in Hyderabad or Belgaum. And whether you like it or not, as far as "feeling at home" and "comfort zone" is concerned, the religious environment (number of mosques etc.) also make a difference in perception.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I know people who have been to Pakistan. I know a Bengali, and a Marathi who went to Pakistan for work, both were based in Bangalore. They were unanimous that in terms of cusine, comfort, etc. they were much much much better off in Bangalore. Of course, Bangalore is extremely cosmopolitan and diverse, but anyway I find your categorization of "Southies and Northies" completely fucked up.

If you feel out of place in many parts of the country, that is expected, due to the extreme diversity in culture in India. It does not make you unpatriotic.

But it makes you an idiot if you extrapolate the Paki shared culture pappi-jhappi to India, or even to "North India".

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
And oh, lest I forget - the entire population in those "similar to Indian cities" like Lahore, is almost completely anti-Hindu. Hope everyone knows that. Galaxy has already spoken about this earlier, but just wanted to reinforce the point.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
we (indians and pakistanis) are made of same blood..
we share same culture
we share same heritage
we have a lot of similarity among us
BUT
still we fight with each other
have inferiority complex
are jealous of each others success
are always ready to indulge in a war with each other
if england and france(once the most evil rivalry ) can befriend and stand united
why cant we...
Thoughts are honest, and that should be the best direction India and Pakistan can and should take but then thats an ideal situation to be in.

If we look at the latest happenings, yet again the tide seems to be changing.

The talk of trade, MFN status for India, the return of IA helicopter without making much ho halla by the PA, India giving electricity to Pakistan, the recent meeting of the two PMs, the two foreign ministers suggesting that the mistrust seems to be over certainly seem to be steps in the right direction.

But for all this to be really successful the PA will have to give up on the terrorists, if that gets done then the two countries certainly would seem to be eventually moving in the right direction. Hopefully better sense does prevail.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles