Indian Navy to add 125 ultra modern Warships and many submarines in the next ten yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Why are you people so obsessed with Battle Cruisers?

captain santhosh

Re: Indian Navy to add 125 ultra modern Warships and many submarines i

its difficult to get a spoon from ur neighbor, u thin its easy to use dockyards from another nation... and its difficult to construct ships on another nations land as overheads can be a big prob.

ladder

Country flag

its difficult to get a spoon from ur neighbor, u thin its easy to use dockyards from another nation... and its difficult to construct ships on another nations land as overheads can be a big prob.
Hello, captain santhosh, Welcome to DFI :namaste:

binayak95

Country flag

Right now we at averaging at about 5 ships a year. In ten years that amounts to 50-60 ships, not 120. The only way we can get anywhere close to that number is if we place 6-9 Talwar class orders on the Russians in addition to the present three and we go ahead and manufacture 4-6 ships of the Type-26 with UK in a private shipyard. Also will have to built P-17A,17B and 28A in 10 years.

t_co

Right now we at averaging at about 5 ships a year. In ten years that amounts to 50-60 ships, not 120. The only way we can get anywhere close to that number is if we place 6-9 Talwar class orders on the Russians in addition to the present three and we go ahead and manufacture 4-6 ships of the Type-26 with UK in a private shipyard. Also will have to built P-17A,17B and 28A in 10 years.
125 new warships and subs equals the naval shipbuilding rate of the entire USN. The IN has a budget about 1/10th that of the USN, and has to import most of its weapons systems and many parts of its hulls, which means it has to pay international prices for those items. Something does not make sense here.

The Last Stand

Country flag

125 new warships and subs equals the naval shipbuilding rate of the entire USN. The IN has a budget about 1/10th that of the USN, and has to import most of its weapons systems and many parts of its hulls, which means it has to pay international prices for those items. Something does not make sense here.
They reopened a 4 year old thread. :frusty:. And the article on which it is based is rubbish-quality.

@LurkerBaba, please close this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned

Mariner HK

Tihar Jail
Banned

Its an Old Article. Its been 2013 .5 years after 2009 But as far as i know Indian Navy will add some 80-90 war ships including Tankers ,Vikramditya, Vikrant Vishal,Arihant Frigates Destroyers.Mostly will be built in India

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

@Mariner HK come on dude when did the last time we stick to a deadline or completed a given set of goals on time :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles