Indian Navy still have eyes on F-35

Eastman

Country flag
I doubt they will get it working in time. Even if it works, I doubt IN will go for it, having rejected Su33 in favor of Mig29K. Heavy fighters are not suited for carrier usage. Thats why F14 had to give way to a smaller F18.
But a prospective PAK-FA-K would be like a next generation F-18 with a better and more powerfull engine then what the F-18 Super Hornet currently have in it, plus even in dynamics PAK-FA-K and F-18SH is compirable :truestory::truestory::truestory::truestory:

Defcon 1

Country flag
But a prospective PAK-FA-K would be like a next generation F-18 with a better and more powerfull engine then what the F-18 Super Hornet currently have in it, plus even in dynamics PAK-FA-K and F-18SH is compirable :truestory::truestory::truestory::truestory:
PAK FA is bigger. We will be able to get fit lesser PAK FA in a carrier as compared to number of F35. Plus PAK FA is being built for air superiority role. CATOBAR carriers housing 50-60 aircraft are typically meant for strike operations rather than air defence. Hence it makes sense to buy a strike aircraft such as F35 or Rafale-M. Btw, I don't understand the fixation with PAK FA. Its not like its our aircraft.

Eastman

Country flag
F22 naval version never happened one reason their was no export prospect as the F-22 is not supposed to be exported, but PAK-FA from day one is designed with export and commercial market in mind :truestory:

Eastman

Country flag
PAK FA is bigger. We will be able to get fit lesser PAK FA in a carrier as compared to number of F35. Plus PAK FA is being built for air superiority role. CATOBAR carriers housing 50-60 aircraft are typically meant for strike operations rather than air defence. Hence it makes sense to buy a strike aircraft such as F35 or Rafale-M. Btw, I don't understand the fixation with PAK FA. Its not like its our aircraft.
PAK-FA is not larger to F-18 SH which was specifically made for carrier operations :truestory:

Defcon 1

Country flag
PAK-FA is not larger to F-18 SH which was specifically made for carrier operations :truestory:
It is slightly larger. And the difference will become more pronounced when both fold their wings. Anyways, we are talking about F35 here.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
What proof?
All the official deadline are never met.... never.....

F35 is a option today i mean only option okay but we still got 10 years in our hand.....

The issues reagarding F35 are there available on WWW google them up.... I just shared One video which presents both the sides....
if you watch it you will know....

Get any proper proofs for your claims, and then we talk. If the numbers on wiki are not backed by proper references, then they have no value. As of today, there is no alternative other than from F35, Rafale-M or PAK FA (if IAF doesn't reject it beforehand.)

Defcon 1

Country flag
What proof?
All the official deadline are never met.... never.....

F35 is a option today i mean only option okay but we still got 10 years in our hand.....

The issues reagarding F35 are there available on WWW google them up.... I just shared One video which presents both the sides....
if you watch it you will know....
So what are u trying to say?

Eastman

Country flag
It is slightly larger. And the difference will become more pronounced when both fold their wings. Anyways, we are talking about F35 here.
It is not such that it is 1 cm shorter or longer then the other but literally both share same dimension for the requirement, next a carrier is designed with aircraft it will operate on it in mind (INS Vikramadatya :facepalm: is an expection) so size of PAK-FA wond matter if requirement arise. Historically it is seen that India have not put her money on US, while in the other hand India is a partner of PAK-FA :creepy:....I mean FGFA :yey: development ... where India definitely have put her money in its devepolment :truestory:

Next Mig-29K might be a tiny aircraft, but for a power projection 65k ton plus Aircraft carrier, it can be a pain in the available deck space with its limited capabilities :truestory:

Eastman

Country flag
Just an example, if a K-series PAK-FA can carry one BrahMos in its weapon bay, it can better 4 Mig-29Ks or more.

Pulkit

Country flag
I am tryin to say .... why don't we get our systems right and take initiatives in meeting the timelines..
This attitude of IN or IAF that if ADA DRDO fails which they will definately if not mended we can go for foreign product...
Why don't they interfare take charge and say .. hye listen get me this or you are fired....
These units feel secured that even if they dont deliver it ok...

Money wasted on Research + delays+ buying from other nations.....

This is what I am saying ... If today IN says we need not bother about any of our projects as even if they fail we have a plan b ...

Instead they should stand up and say Hye you promised it by 2025 or wat eva date where is it....?

its taking responsiblity being accountable and making others accountable.....

So what are u trying to say?

Defcon 1

Country flag
It is not such that it is 1 cm shorter or longer then the other but literally both share same dimension for the requirement, next a carrier is designed with aircraft it will operate on it in mind (INS Vikramadatya :facepalm: is an expection) so size of PAK-FA wond matter if requirement arise. Historically it is seen that India have not put her money on US, while in the other hand India is a partner of PAK-FA :creepy:....I mean FGFA :yey: development ... where India definitely have put her money in its devepolment :truestory:

Next Mig-29K might be a tiny aircraft, but for a power projection 65k ton plus Aircraft carrier, it can be a pain in the available deck space with its limited capabilities :truestory:
Size will always matter. Bigger the size, lesser the number you can fit. Where did you get that aircraft carriers are built with aircraft in mind? Has Brazil chosen which aircraft will be used on its carrier?
India is putting its money on US, in last 10 years, US has won more deals than Russia.

Mig29K is a wrong example since it is 4th gen while we are comparing PAK FA and F35.

And look at the bigger picture, how many carrier PAK FA do you think Russia is gonna induct? 50-60?
Compare that to over 300 F35C for USN alone, plus commonality for other F35 models. Where do the economies of scale lie? If we go for PAK FA, we will effectively be funding its development for the Russians, and then buying it for high price.

As for Brahmos, google SCALP. Medium weight fighters have their own weapons. F35 was designed as a strike fighter whereas PAKFA is a air superiority one.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
I am tryin to say .... why don't we get our systems right and take initiatives in meeting the timelines..
This attitude of IN or IAF that if ADA DRDO fails which they will definately if not mended we can go for foreign product...
Why don't they interfare take charge and say .. hye listen get me this or you are fired....
These units feel secured that even if they dont deliver it ok...

Money wasted on Research + delays+ buying from other nations.....

This is what I am saying ... If today IN says we need not bother about any of our projects as even if they fail we have a plan b ...

Instead they should stand up and say Hye you promised it by 2025 or wat eva date where is it....?

its taking responsiblity being accountable and making others accountable.....
Defence projects fail all around the world. It is simply unreasonable to expect all of them to succeed. Anyways, unless you have got something to say on the topic.......

Eastman

Country flag
@Defcon1 do you really think an aircraft carrier is just another boat with a modified deck to add on air stip to launch an aircraft :heh:

Eastman

Country flag
Home Made BrahMos are way better then SCALP for peacetime mission and humitarian operation :truestory:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Home Made BrahMos are way better then SCALP for peacetime mission and humitarian operation :truestory:
Dude did you even get the point I was making? Anyways google Brahmos 3. Thats will satisfy your ultra nationalistic self.

Eastman

Country flag
Huh??????????
Aircraft carriers are designed with mind about the prospective aircrafts it might operate, park and hangered, obviously the are not designed to honour a Boieng 747 but they are designed that an aircraft of a definite size and dimension can be operated from there :truestory: so an aircraft carrier designed to operate aircaft size of SH or T-50K should have no problem operating them, so their size wont be an disadvantage for carrier Ops.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Aircraft carriers are designed with mind about the prospective aircrafts it might operate, park and hangered, obviously the are not designed to honour a Boieng 747 but they are designed that an aircraft of a definite size and dimension can be operated from there :truestory: so an aircraft carrier designed to operate aircaft size of SH or T-50K should have no problem operating them, so their size wont be an disadvantage for carrier Ops.
Where did I say that they will have problem operating them. I am simply saying that you can house lesser number of bigger aircraft on a carrier.

Pulkit

Country flag
thats a great excuse if they fail everywhere let them fail.... wao.....
Expect them all to succeed is the basic intention why they are started....

Back to topic....

Indian Navy should get the act straight and only look for a option if there is no domestic solution or JV solution available to it....
If they upfront come up and say that they want F35 then the lobby system in our nation is so strong that they will finish the good project just for the sake of theres own....

Why reveal or present such views that too way before you even should be looking for them.....you are still to have you First IAC and you are looking for the second ones accessories ....
Let it get launched first then open up.... till then try and develope or look for a domestic solution which is in progress.....

"Indian Navy still have eyes on F-35" shows they are not even interested in developin a domestic solution...

F35 good or bad is not a issue ... the problem is the approach towards it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39AO-axUd-k

Defence projects fail all around the world. It is simply unreasonable to expect all of them to succeed. Anyways, unless you have got something to say on the topic.......

Eastman

Country flag
Dude did you even get the point I was making? Anyways google Brahmos 3. Thats will satisfy your ultra nationalistic self.
You must know offensive foreign import weapons are not without strings attached, feel free to acknowledge if their is a communication problem in laungage then stating my debate as Ultra or something.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles