Kyubi

Country flag
any news on the cause of the fire ?

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
any news on the cause of the fire ?
well there is lot of chatter....as tug doesnt belong to navy or coast guard...i wont expect any official statement or investigation......
coastal jaguar ....built in 1983...home port mumbai....

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Engine room fire. Nothing suspicious. Just incompetent crew abandoned ship rather than trying to put out the blaze
they were just simple civilian...that was supply ship...may be they didnt have equipment to fight fire or they didnt have equipment at first place....
what spooks me is the guy didnt leave engine room when he had chance.....he didnt leave...

uoftotaku

Country flag
Civilians yes but they are trained mariners nor amateurs. By law they are required to carry the required equipment and be trained to use it.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Civilians yes but they are trained mariners nor amateurs. By law they are required to carry the required equipment and be trained to use it.
they may have equipment but they dont have training to react in such situation....every building has fire extinguishers but not even 1% of occupants know anything about type A ..B...C....when to use dry power when to use co2....

uoftotaku

Country flag
they may have equipment but they dont have training to react in such situation....every building has fire extinguishers but not even 1% of occupants know anything about type A ..B...C....when to use dry power when to use co2....
You might be unaware but a sailor cannot be assigned to a commercial vessel until they are trained and certified. They all carry qualifications and licenses to be Merchant Mariners. Fire fighting training is not only mandatory but they must conduct regular practice drills too. All the firefighting equipment is inspected and certified twice annually by a 3rd party.

Anyway this is not the scope of this thread so I won't elaborate further.

Snowcat

Country flag
As a mariner myself, this is straight up BS. Everyone onboard is trained in fighting fire and proper equipments are there and as well as other measures. But some fires are just too large to contain especially onboard those small OSV's.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
One hugely important DRDO project called the 'Supersonic Missile Assisted Release Torpedo' (SMART) seems to have made some progress with pneumatic ejection tests with dummy torpedoes being carried out. SMART intends to engage naval targets up to *650 km* away.

Bloody hit enemy ship at 650 km with Brahmos. Use torpedo for submarines.

bhramos

Country flag
Navy prepared to thwart JeM’s underwater plans: Chief Admiral Karambir Singh

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bloody hit enemy ship at 650 km with Brahmos. Use torpedo for submarines.
Submarines having the capability to engage from such a long range would be an advantage, don't you think? Their chances of remaining undetectable would be higher too...

Next step would be to place underwater silos for those "ballistic torpedoes" at Andaman-Nicobar, Gulf of Kutchch, Lakshadweep etc. :hat::hat:

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I hope so...even 65km sonar range is no joke unless we have access to a SOSUS type network.
Not a typo. It's supersonic assisted launch. Why would they need supersonic speed for 65 km target. It has to be 650.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
...Along with network of above & underwater RADARs & SONARs placed along Indian-waters (if doing that in international waters is illegal) on all three seas ofcourse.

If we could cut some deal to install them in Maldives or Sri Lanka too, that'd be even swell.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles