Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

WolfPack86

Country flag
Nice view of the Larsen & Toubro 2x8 UVLMs on INS Kolkata, housing 16 BrahMos cruise missiles. (Hovering in the background is a @RoyalNavy Wildcat)

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
It's royal navy heli, maybe of some joint exercise.
Thanks for correction.

bhramos

Country flag
#BridgesofFriendship Russian Federation Navy (RuFN) Ships Varyag, Admiral Panteleyev and Boris Butoma are on a visit to Visakhapatnam to participate in INDRA Navy, the bilateral maritime exercise between #IndianNavy and Russian Federation Navy. The 10th edition of exercise INDRA Navy will be conducted at and off Visakhapatnam from 09 to 16 December 2018. The primary aim of the exercise is to increase inter-operability amongst the two navies, develop common understanding and procedures for maritime security operations. Initiated in 2003, the exercise has matured over the years with increase in scope, complexity and level of participation. This edition of the exercise will be held in two phases, with the harbour phase at Visakhapatnam from 09 to 12 December 2018 encompassing planning conferences, professional interactions, cultural visits, sports fixtures and formal calls between senior officers of participating navies. The Sea Phase, scheduled from 13 to 16 December 2018, will be conducted in the Bay of Bengal. The thrust of exercises at sea would be on Anti Submarine Warfare, Air Defence drills, Surface Firings, Visit Board Search and Seizure operations and tactical procedures. During exercise INDRA Navy-18, the Indian Navy will be represented by INS Ranvir, Satpura, Kadmatt, Kuthar, Khanjar and Jyoti. In addition, one Sindhughosh class submarine, Dornier maritime patrol aircraft, Hawk fighter aircraft and other integral rotary wing helicopters will be taking part in the exercise. The Indian Navy ships participating in the exercise would be under the Command of Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Fleet. Ships of the RuFN would be under the Command of Rear Admiral Mikhailov Edward Evgenievich, Chief of the Headquarters, Submarine Forces, Pacific Fleet and ships from the Pacific Fleet, based at Vladivostok.

WolfPack86

Country flag
India may cut US MQ-9B SeaGuardian drone deal down by half due to fund crunch, reports

WolfPack86

Country flag
#BREAKING Due to short budget, IAF to buy 10 Reaper Drone instead of 22 that was committed earlier. According to the Hindustan Times The 22 UAVs, made by General Atomics, were estimated to cost $2 billion. India began the FMS process in 2016 by issuing a Letter of Request (LOR) to the US.

“Responding to the LOR, the US has supplied us with the price and availability (P&A) data for the SeaGuardian systems. The navy has studied it and rationalised its requirement from 22 to 10 UAVs because of the cost and the requirement of the other services,” said the second official, asking not to be named.

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is also keen to buy Predator Avenger UAVs from the US. General Atomics has also designed the electromagnetic aircraft launch and recovery system (EMALS), which is likely to be fitted on India’s second Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC-II).

The navy is getting more American equipment. India issued an LOR to the US government in November for 24 MH-60R Seahawk multirole helicopters under the FMS programme.
.https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeamAMCA/photos/?ref=page_internal

WolfPack86

Country flag
#BREAKING U.S to deliver 4 additional P-8I Neptune anti submarine aircraft by 2021. India is currently operating 8 such aircrafts. The total fleet to rise @ 24 in coming years.

P8i long range aircrafts are the most advanced platform for anti submarine and surveillance missions with secondary anti-ship missions as it carries Harpoon AShM.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeamAMCA/photos/?ref=page_internal

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
#BREAKING U.S to deliver 4 additional P-8I Neptune anti submarine aircraft by 2021. India is currently operating 8 such aircrafts. The total fleet to rise @ 24 in coming years.

P8i long range aircrafts are the most advanced platform for anti submarine and surveillance missions with secondary anti-ship missions as it carries Harpoon AShM.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeamAMCA/photos/?ref=page_internal
Well in technology P-8i is above but I really liked Tu-142,it could stay up for 10 hours.
Meaning can do the work of more than 2 P-8i.

Immanuel

Country flag
Well in technology P-8i is above but I really liked Tu-142,it could stay up for 10 hours.
Meaning can do the work of more than 2 P-8i.
Tu-142 while great a generation ago, is today a highly outdated platform, expensive to run and maintain. Noisy, heck even subs can track it by the noise. P-8I is way better.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Ya
Tu-142 while great a generation ago, is today a highly outdated platform, expensive to run and maintain. Noisy, heck even subs can track it by the noise. P-8I is way better.
ya, it is true but we must use a plane that is capable of flying upto that much hour.
You know then you will need less infrastructure and less "fuel planes".
Modified A330 can do the job but less funds, politics between nations and time are problems.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
Ya

ya, it is true but we must use a plane that is capable of flying upto that much hour.
You know then you will need less infrastructure and less "fuel planes".
Modified A330 can do the job but less funds, politics between nations and time are problems.
do we have in flight refueling probe system in P8i

us navy has flying boom in their P8a

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles