Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Huge shift from russia to america in modi era man really bad policy of this current gov. We should have stick with nuetral...
There is no shift.USA has been asked to leave Arab areas. Hence they are willing to give technology to India to set up bases here to maintain Petrodollar. It is bad nees for USA, not India

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Not everything the accountants say needs to be taken seriously.
I think you are right.
Auditor says they ignored Spanish option. That defeats the whole charge.

BTW Vishnu Som has copied the whole article and removed UPA from it. RANDI TV will use it as something wrong done by Modi government for few days for their pet trolls to enjoy abusing him.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think you are right.
Auditor says they ignored Spanish option. That defeats the whole charge.

BTW Vishnu Som has copied the whole article and removed UPA from it. RANDI TV will use it as something wrong done by Modi government for few days for their pet trolls to enjoy abusing him.
I had the privilege of working with an ex-CAG senior management person on a government project. They are very thorough, which is good. Their thought process is completely different from what rest of us think, which is also good.

But the sad part is they only take into account what has been recorded on Official documents.

For ex: since strategic value of an asset is usually not documented in procurement documentation, they won’t comment on what they don’t see on paper.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I had the privilege of working with an ex-CAG senior management person on a government project. They are very thorough, which is good. Their thought process is completely different from what rest of us think, which is also good.

But the sad part is they only take into account what has been recorded on Official documents.

For ex: since strategic value of an asset is usually not documented in procurement documentation, they won’t comment on what they don’t see on paper.
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...deal-for-navy-planes-boeing/story/281112.html

https://www.business-standard.com/a...e-of-boeing-p-8i-aircraft-118080701205_1.html

Here the Navy and industry tells CAG to fuck off basically. BTW @ezsasa can you elaborate on what can happen next? Our whole ASW posture relies on these birds. 12 more are to be bought from USA.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...deal-for-navy-planes-boeing/story/281112.html

https://www.business-standard.com/a...e-of-boeing-p-8i-aircraft-118080701205_1.html

Here the Navy and industry tells CAG to fuck off basically. BTW @ezsasa can you elaborate on what can happen next? Our whole ASW posture relies on these birds. 12 more are to be bought from USA.
CAG can only recommend, they cant enforce. CBI or ED steps in only if there is a scam.

In this case it would be business as usual. I’d say this report will not stop the purchase of P-8I.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
CAG can only recommend, they cant enforce. CBI or ED steps in only if there is a scam.

In this case it would be business as usual. I’d say this report will not stop the purchase of P-8I.
But this is HUGE embarrassment to Dhruv Rathee and his fellow UPA cronies like Pappu. Rafale deal is safe from political tamma jhammi. Jai ho Modi Sarkar!

Kalki_2018

Country flag
S400 definitely. Unless the Talwars are coming at 350-400 mil per ship why not more P-17A's.

Jackd

US has placed sanctions on Russia again. This might help India to be in a better bargaining position vis-a-vis Russia to get a better price on S-400 and other military hardware.

Jackd

This is getting hilarious! RAC MiG did indeed get the RFI and they did indeed respond. This ain't a secret - already in public domain. What RAC offered is a future version of the 'K' with promised CATOBAR capability (in addition to present STOBAR capability) as was sought in RFI.

- Surendra Ahuja, Former navy test pilot.

Jackd

Can anyone shed some light on the Vertical ly launched short range missile systems for the Indian navy? Which systems can be the contenders?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles