Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Saudi can do jack shit in Maldives. If India decides to help Iran and houtis the saudis will loose their shia lands in the south. Maldives is Indian backyard and yes if required we can take military action. But diplomatically toppling the islamist govt is preferable to doing what sisi did in Egypt.
India may take down Yameen but the people will elect another muslim brotherhood man as president. Unless you plan on genocide or permanent colony under India, it is not advisable to intervene militarily.

India giving arms to Iran will only improve Iran's defence industry and backfire on India. The KSA has allies in other countries nearby and hence controls about 250 billion barrels of oil (115 of itself, 35 each of UAE and Kuwait and some more oil of countries like Algeria, partial influence on Iraq etc). Considering that world oil is 650 billion barrels, KSA alone has influence over a third of reserves. Also, Iran is not too hostile with KSA and the war in Yemen is just a turf war. Simply assuming that propping Iran will solve problem is absurd

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
In my opinion people tend to overplay Saudi power overall how powerful is Saudi Arabia can be gauged from the fact that they have ended up within unmitigated disaster in Yemen and not only that they are in no position to play hardball with India because the internal dynamics that is currently in Play in Saudi Arabia has the tendency to ripped the country apart show the last thing that Saudi Arabia would want is to venture into the Indian Ocean and play in our backyard
India has a massive sway over Middle east and they must be afraid of India. But that does not mean that India can do whatever it wants. KSA has lot of oil because of which it has supporters from all across the world who will not allow India or anyone else to directly attack GCC countries. Even USA can't attack GCC countries as other countries will not permit meddling with a major oil supplier

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
It is not your backyard to intervene. Maldives people are muslims and are naturally hostile to India. Especially with Modi coming and warning Arabs against any threats of "oil sanctions" which they had put on India before, the muslim community has become shocked at the strength displayed. Saudi king went to Maldives and immediately after Maldives became openly hostile to India.

If India intervenes, unless India imposes military rule and annexes Maldives, the people will reelect a Jihadi as leader. It will be like egypt muslim brotherhood.
This whole oil sanctions is bull shit as there are other players in the game such as Venezuela, iran,russia,qatar,usa ,it is not the 70s you should know that and nobody will Come to Maldives rescue ,they are trying to punch above their weight similar to what qatar is doing in ME but they will pay for it ,there whole security Council election fiasco was part of their punching above weight shit,they claim india's vote and then was embarrassed ,india is also looking to abrogate 1981 essential supply agreement in coming weeks ,the sept election is key event now india will keep increase pressure till then

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
India has a massive sway over Middle east and they must be afraid of India. But that does not mean that India can do whatever it wants. KSA has lot of oil because of which it has supporters from all across the world who will not allow India or anyone else to directly attack GCC countries. Even USA can't attack GCC countries as other countries will not permit meddling with a major oil supplier
Maldives is not in GCC ,you are ignorant

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Maldives is not in GCC ,you are ignorant
India can invade Maldives but not KSA - this is what I said. I also said that the only way India can control Maldives is by colonialisation. Your idea of removing Yameen will not work as people will vote for anyone else who stands for Islam. If not Yameen, another ISIS man will come. So, the excuse that democracy is threatened will not work as people themselves will vote for Jihadis. The more open war will have backlash from other countries and oil producers

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
In my opinion people tend to overplay Saudi power overall how powerful is Saudi Arabia can be gauged from the fact that they have ended up within unmitigated disaster in Yemen and not only that they are in no position to play hardball with India because the internal dynamics that is currently in Play in Saudi Arabia has the tendency to ripped the country apart show the last thing that Saudi Arabia would want is to venture into the Indian Ocean and play in our backyard
Exactly,they don't want an irritated India especially when the matter is regarding IOR which is considered Indian backyard...No matter how hardcore radicals ppl r there will always be rajneeti at play...I sense a Rajapaksa kinda situation in Maldives,although not that propagand-ish...Nasheed or someone in his associates can be our wildcard...Who knows wat our Chanakya is thinking?!!But one thing's clear,we loose them now we lose them for sometime....Pray dat vermin yameen loses bad.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Exactly,they don't want an irritated India especially when the matter is regarding IOR which is considered Indian backyard...No matter how hardcore radicals ppl r there will always be rajneeti at play...I sense a Rajapaksa kinda situation in Maldives,although not that propagand-ish...Nasheed or someone in his associates can be our wildcard...Who knows wat our Chanakya is thinking?!!But one thing's clear,we loose them now we lose them for sometime....Pray dat vermin yameen loses bad.
Nothing trumps Islam. You can't make Maldivians change their religion easily and hence there is no easy way. Unless you go to the root cause and understand the problem, you will only keep day dreaming. You have to cut the losses. The moment Maldives turned into Islam, that is the moment India lost Maldives. No amount of shouting will change that.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
India can invade Maldives but not KSA - this is what I said. I also said that the only way India can control Maldives is by colonialisation. Your idea of removing Yameen will not work as people will vote for anyone else who stands for Islam. If not Yameen, another ISIS man will come. So, the excuse that democracy is threatened will not work as people themselves will vote for Jihadis. The more open war will have backlash from other countries and oil producers
You don't know nothing but you blabber very big, saudi Arabia 2nd largest oil supplying of india and largest india immigrant population in middle east and in a quagmire in yemen, facing regular missile of houthis will create a backlash for india, i think you are a sheikh lover ,saudi arabia is not even a player in indian ocean or in Maldives except of wahabi influence and jihad recruitment ,main player is china and china is main player in maldives ,Saudi arabia navy is like coast guard of india ,there are other factions in Maldives if you sidestep your ignorance which are pro india jailed autocrat gayoom under which india had excellent relations and MDP president and former president nasheed which is also pro india

Prashant12

Country flag
HSL confident of landing submarine refit contract

Visakhapatnam: City-based Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is confident of bagging a contract worth about Rs 1,500 crore from the ministry of defence (MoD) for medium refit and life certification (MRLC) of a EKM class submarine.
The task of refitting the Russian-built submarine of Indian Navy is scheduled to begin this year. The refit process, which would take three years to complete, is expected to extend the life of the submarine (which completed 25 years) by about 10 years.

The HSL and Larsen & Toubro shipyard at Kattupalli near Chennai were marked as qualified shipbuilding and repair units for this task of MRLC. “Since the other qualifier (L&T) did not submit its bids on time in March, HSL is the only firm left in the fray. However, our technical bid has to get the clearance from the technical evaluation committee of the ministry. We expect it to come in July,” L V Sarat Babu, chairman and managing director of HSL told TOI. He added that the project cost would be between Rs 1,200 to Rs 1,500 crore.

According to HSL officials, Indian Navy had earlier decided to extend the life period of four Russian-built EKM class submarines.

While the work on two of them is going on in Russia, it was decided that the refit work of the other two vessels would be done in India with technical backing from Russia.

A seven-member delegation from Joint Stock Company United Shipbuilding Corporation, Moscow, led by its director (military and technical corporation) Alexey V Dikiy, was in Vizag in January and held extensive discussions on the modalities to execute the MRLC of the EKM class submarine.

“We are confident of the technical approval and that the project would come to us since we have done medium refit-cum-modernisation of a EKM class submarine before — INS Sindhukirti in 2015.

“Currently, the normal refit of INS Sindhuvir is going on as per schedule at our yard. We have all the requisite credentials and experience which is why we are very much buoyant that the project would be ours,” Babu said.

The medium refit and life certification (MRLC) of the fourth EKM class submarine is scheduled for 2020.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...arine-refit-contract/articleshow/64754640.cms

Pret

Country flag
http://mark20x.blogspot.com/2018/06/p-15b-destroyer-visakhapatnam-update_29.html
'Early 2018- You guessed it right, the original source of the image is a Chinese forum and apparently, uploader used the anime character to hide something (probably a person). I am unable to give the uploader image credit because his name was in Chinese and when I went back to the forum a few weeks later, for some reason the thread itself was deleted.
    • Visakha features a modified bridge design which was probably done to optimize RCS.
    • Vertical cells have been fitted into the first ship, 2nd ship i.e. Mormugao is yet to receive VLS cells but most of the primary superstructure work is nearly done.

kamaal

Country flag
http://mark20x.blogspot.com/2018/06/p-15b-destroyer-visakhapatnam-update_29.html
'Early 2018- You guessed it right, the original source of the image is a Chinese forum and apparently, uploader used the anime character to hide something (probably a person). I am unable to give the uploader image credit because his name was in Chinese and when I went back to the forum a few weeks later, for some reason the thread itself was deleted.
    • Visakha features a modified bridge design which was probably done to optimize RCS.
    • Vertical cells have been fitted into the first ship, 2nd ship i.e. Mormugao is yet to receive VLS cells but most of the primary superstructure work is nearly done.
Definitely looks more stealthy than Kolkata class. Good job by MDL.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Waifu with Wasrship it only gets better.

ramdas hegde

someone should add Next Generation Corvette (NGC) to Wikipedia . there's only NGMV page.
they are two different types of projects.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
With on-time delivery, L&T stakes claim to build warships and submarines
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TejasMrca/photos/?ref=page_internal
P 75I tender is going to MDL for Barracuda/ Scorpene+ design of no.s 6. They went to NITI Aayog (Indian version of RAND corporation) to influence but are now desperate.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...ect-award-to-mazagon-dock-118062000491_1.html

http://businessworld.in/article/MDL...anced-submarines-for-Navy-/06-06-2018-151371/

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/state-owned-firm-may-implement-navys-submarine-project-1863636

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Make in India or go to Russia? Govt to take a call on Rs 2,400-crore submarine life extension plan. HSL only Indian yard in the fray for Kilo class refit after L&T doesn't make a bid.
https://twitter.com/manupubby?lang=en
Under no circumstances must project go to HSL. Worst bloody performer amongst all yards. If they can keep their wits about, maybe a share of NGC or NGMV or a future stealth diesel electric AIP submarine made indigenously.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles