Indian Missile Development

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
We should invest in Nirbhay and GOI should not buy any of the Tomahawk for the reasons that

1. It is banned as per international law.
2. It is strategic missile, therefore we cannot trust uncle sam.
3. For last many years our arm forces perticularly the IA has chosen Foreign mall over the domestic product.....(ofcourse the role of the agents and retire officers are to be blaim along with hefty percentages in these deals)
4. US has source code for these missile therefore we cannot use it against Uncle.
5. Their domestic laws can stop the delivery of spear parts and inspection clause in deals with US.
6.US wants to dump this tech to India, since India already has state of the art Brahmos, which even US dont have.
7.Last but not the least by selling Tomahawk they will kill any R&D in the domestic cruise missile field therefore we cannot make any long range cruise missile and will be dependant on US.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I used to think that A3 is made specially for MIRVs, but then i done some research and come to conclusion that present version does not have the MIRV, however some modified version can have MIRVs.........

If you look closely to A3 it has heat shield at the top for MIRVs you need the heat shield inside on each nuke.

Yeah A3+ and A5 will feature MIRVs.........

Although with the ISRO showing the capabilities to launch more then one satellite, techinically DRDO has the know how to make MIRVs for its missiles.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I used to think that A3 is made specially for MIRVs, but then i done some research and come to conclusion that present version does not have the MIRV, however some modified version can have MIRVs.........

If you look closely to A3 it has heat shield at the top for MIRVs you need the heat shield inside on each nuke.

Yeah A3+ and A5 will feature MIRVs.........

Although with the ISRO showing the capabilities to launch more then one satellite, techinically DRDO has the know how to make MIRVs for its missiles.
True, with the capability to launch multiple satellites and place them in orbits is as challenging as, if not more than making an MIRV. Hence, DRDO with conjunction with ISRO does have the capability to make MIRVs IMHO. But, the real question is how many independent warheads do we intend to to put on the Agni-III ???

I personally feel that an ICBM like the Surya would be much more lethal and potent with the MIRV system rather than a medium range missile like the Agni-3, though they can possibly try it on an experimental purpose on the Agni-3 and make Suryas with standard options of an MIRV...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I strongly feel that Suryas is nothing but A3, if you see Agni 3 is no where similar to A-I and A-II..... in fact is the completly new missile system, to protect it self from foreign (uncle's) pressure DRDO has smartly named it Agni-3...... :D

if you see the weapons bay at the top of Agni3 and compair it with A-I and A-II it is almost 3 times in size......still DRDO has not used it for MIRVs......

In future A3+ we might see MIRVs in action.....

Country flag
It is classified as a defensive weapon for 2 main reasons it is used to counter incoming enemy missiles and not used for an offensive strike and secondly because it looks better to able to sell it to countries like India without appearing to violate MCTR, if so than Russian S-400's should be given the same treatment when they sell them to Iran.

Country flag
QUOTE=sayareakd;4641]We should invest in Nirbhay and GOI should not buy any of the Tomahawk for the reasons that

1. It is banned as per international law.
true it's range is beyond missile regimen etc..

2. It is strategic missile, therefore we cannot trust uncle sam.
it is not so strategic and has failed there are quotes of 30-70% effectiveness

3. For last many years our arm forces perticularly the IA has chosen Foreign mall over the domestic product.....(ofcourse the role of the agents and retire officers are to be blaim along with hefty percentages in these deals)
bad reason to endanger lives of millions of people,not that it matters to those in power

4. US has source code for these missile therefore we cannot use it against Uncle. This is a VERY important point and if USA/India relations change in the future which for any reason that USA does not like they will always have this leverage against us.

5. Their domestic laws can stop the delivery of spear parts and inspection clause in deals with US. F-16's were promised to Pakistan by Reagan around 1982 being delivered slowly 27 years later we can be in same position

6.US wants to dump this tech to India, since India already has state of the art Brahmos, which even US dont have.

7.Last but not the least by selling Tomahawk they will kill any R&D in the domestic cruise missile field therefore we cannot make any long range cruise missile and will be dependant on US.
The last point is the most important- patriot is not a fullproof system and USA wants to prevent us(but failed) in making a better system that can be sold because people would not want to buy a inferior patriot system to defend their people if India's system is available, also by killing the research
USA would guarantee for the time being India will not be a competitor.

Country flag
if THAAD was being offered that should be considered we need something with X-band radar.

EnlightenedMonk

if THAAD was being offered that should be considered we need something with X-band radar.
I don't think he'll offer THAAD.. and, even if he did, what makes you think we can afford something like that ??? It's bloody expensive as far as I know... a few hundred billion atleast to get that system active all over India (thats my guess)...

Country flag
it's a total waste of money to look at patriot at this point, we need to neutralize the Chinese missiles.

EnlightenedMonk

it's a total waste of money to look at patriot at this point, we need to neutralize the Chinese missiles.
True, but you must have looked at my other post in another place where I had posted a news article which stated that the foreign lobby is trying to push the PAC-3 hard to us... I'm quite certain that we'll go indigenous in the end, but I fear that the lobbying might actually delay our indigenous project...

EnlightenedMonk

Hmmm... now that you bring the politicians into the picture, I'm on shaky ground... I'm not that sure... :D:D:D:D:D

But, I think the politicians will initially dilly-dally with the PAC-3 thinking its a better system because a "white man" made it... (no racism intended in this comment)... but then they'll realise the number of strings attached with the deal if it's being offered and then nicely refuse it and ask DRDO to go ahead with the indigenous one, possibly with help from the Americans (if they are willing to offer in terms of radars, trackers and know-how)

But, as I said earlier, any average politican will dilly-dally and dilly-dallying will impact the scheduled timeline of the project... and our politicians are very average indeed... :D:D:D:D:D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
LF our politicians can be very very stupid when it comes to commission in these deals which will run into crores of Rupees.

But at the end of the day we need to invest in our own systems and develop them to suit our own need........

I have already given the reasons to reject US systems........

By 2015 we will have at least two tier missile shield in place and wide range of missile at land, sea and under sea........

We need to encourage our DRDO and local manufacturs.

EnlightenedMonk

they will dilly dally because the commision/kickback maybe larger.
Hush !!! you're not allowed to say such bad and absurd things about our politicians... they've sworn to serve and protect us... they obviously would not be taking ANY KICKBACKS !!! :D:D:D:D:D:35::35::35::35::35:

Country flag
LF our politicians can be very very stupid when it comes to commission in these deals which will run into crores of Rupees.

But at the end of the day we need to invest in our own systems and develop them to suit our own need........

I have already given the reasons to reject US systems........

By 2015 we will have at least two tier missile shield in place and wide range of missile at land, sea and under sea........

We need to encourage our DRDO and local manufacturs.
sayar I am getting worried for the same reasons many other indigenous items eg ..ARJUN were not accepted at the end. DRDO has produced world class weapons only to be totally rejected without any reason by the higher powers.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
yeah LF, our services (specially some of the officers) have shown preferance for the foreign systems, even though they are not up to the GSQR.

ARjun tank and Akash missile is the prime example of it.

we all know the reason for the same.

I strongly think that Tomohawk will kill nirbhay cruise missile.

shiv

lethalforce i think the politicians were actually forcing the arjun down the army's throats and army rejected it on tech grounds...

for a better example>> the ministry rejected the bofors spa's recently when even when it outperformed every other gun and the army selected it.....

Triton

Founding Member
GE Hitachi Nuclear and Leading India Nuclear Industry Companies Sign Project Development Agreements

WILMINGTON, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) today announced the signing of two agreements with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) as the companies prepare to collaborate on building multiple GEH-designed nuclear reactors to help meet India’s energy production goals.

GEH, a world-leading nuclear technology and services provider, signed separate agreements with Mumbai-based NPCIL, India’s only nuclear utility operating 17 reactors, and New Delhi-based BHEL, the country’s leading manufacturer and supplier of power generation equipment and components.

The two government-owned companies are helping lead India’s efforts to expand electricity generation from nuclear energy in the world’s largest democracy more than tenfold over the next two decades, from 4.1 GW today to 60 GW by 2032.

Under the preliminary agreements, GEH will begin planning with NPCIL and BHEL for the necessary resources in manufacturing and construction management for a potential multiple-unit Advanced Boiling Water Reactor (ABWR) nuclear power station. The 1,350-MW ABWR technology is the world’s only commercially proven Generation III reactor design, with the first two of four units entering service in 1996 and 1997 and four additional units under construction today.

“We are extremely pleased to partner with companies of the caliber of NPCIL and BHEL for potential nuclear plant projects, which further demonstrates the global industry’s confidence in our ABWR technology,” said Jack Fuller, president and CEO of GEH. “We look forward to working closely with NPCIL to expand electricity generation for the people of India. Toward this end, we also look forward to combining the expertise of BHEL with GEH’s experienced, global ABWR supply chain capabilities.”

The memoranda of understanding (MOUs) were signed after GEH executives recently led a U.S. nuclear industry trade delegation to India to explore potential opportunities to partner with local companies on future nuclear plant projects.

The new agreements lay the foundation for cooperation between GEH and the two Indian companies as additional steps are taken by the Indian and U.S. governments to implement the agreement on civilian nuclear cooperation they signed in October 2008. These efforts, including adopting a civil liability law and other regulations, continue to progress. India and the International Atomic Energy Agency signed a nuclear safeguards agreement last month in Vienna, representing a critical milestone and sign of further progress towards full implementation of the agreement between the U.S. and Indian governments.

Nuclear energy is important in GEH’s long-standing ties with India. The General Electric Company (GE) built India’s first nuclear plant, the Tarapur 1 & 2 boiling water reactor (BWR) station, during the 1960s. Today, GE’s global businesses participate in a wide range of manufacturing, services and technology sectors in India, as GE seeks to be a partner in the nation’s growth. GE’s revenues in India are approximately $2.6 billion, and the company employs more than 14,500 people across the country.

In addition to the Generation III ABWR, GEH also offers customers its Generation III+ Economic Simplified Boiling Water Reactor (ESBWR). The evolutionary, advanced passive safety design, based on the ABWR, currently is progressing in the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s design certification process.

About GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy

Based in Wilmington, N.C., GEH is a world-leading provider of advanced reactors and nuclear services. Established in June 2007, GEH is a global nuclear alliance created by GE and Hitachi to serve the global nuclear industry. The nuclear alliance executes a single, strategic vision to create a broader portfolio of solutions, expanding its capabilities for new reactor and service opportunities. The alliance offers customers around the world the technological leadership required to effectively enhance reactor performance, power output and safety.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles