Indian MBRLS Pinaka Thread

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Pinaka goes from strength to strength. What a devastating asset it will be, need to make sure massive orders are given, tube arty is all well and good but MRLS will be another level of devastation, this is a true area clearing weapon.
Next in pipe line is 120 KM Pinaka with 250 Kg of warhead. Bloody , when this will be fired, the earth will shake and enemy will die of its fear.

porky_kicker

Country flag
LCH has already got IOC and is in LSP

Don’t see the need for a 20% weight reduction- that’s insane. The performance of this little
Beast are already very respectable and she’s able
To operate far beyond typical parameters of similar class helos.

Besides in the long term the more powerful HSTE-1200s are coming....
Never said anything about 20% weight reduction. I don't know where you got that from.

That will be a insane claim to make.

All I know is about 100 kg or so weight reduction which hal claimed before pre production and from a friend who claimed possible additional 100-200 kg reduction during production stage via replacement of metallic parts like screws bolts etc etc, with push and pull type appendages and inclusion of lightweight electrical harnesses etc etc .

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Never said anything about 20% weight reduction. I don't know where you got that from.

All I know is about 100 kg or so weight reduction which hal claimed before pre production and from a friend who claimed possible additional 100-200 kg reduction during production stage via replacement of metallic parts like screws bolts etc etc, with push and pull type appendages and inclusion of lightweight electrical harnesses etc etc .
Ya I also knew that 100 kg of weight reduction will be possible....

abingdonboy

Country flag

Must’ve misunderstood you then.

Anyway future has never been clearer. Future is indigenous maal, imports are enjoying their last hoora, media doesn’t seem to have caught on yet.

Enquirer

Recently tested Guided Pinaka hit targets with an accuracy of 33m, 23,3m & 25.5m (still decent)!!!

The initial euphoria of 2m or 5m accuracy is short lived. As I tried to explain to several folks earlier that just 1 or 2 tests is not sufficient to establish CEP of a rocket!!!

pinaka.jpg

Laurie

Anyone privy to what warheads are available (or have been tested to date) for the Guided Pinaka?
My understanding, based on the below and similar, is that there have been no sub-munition or mine warheads tested on the Mk II to date.
Thanks

south block

up your a**
Country flag
if guided one has this much bad CEP... I hope unguided one's doesn't land Kms away from target.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles