Indian government funding for classical languagess

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
administerator. fix the forum. i cannot edit my post.

opesys

State funding for what?
funding for classical languages...in TNs case Tamil..

How many people listen Sanskrit radio show? 100? 10?
Doesn't matter man how many listen to them...respect them first...so what if they are just 100 are you going to ignore them ? You are now acting just like the people you are complaining about... there is no difference between you and the people you complain about...
Only India-wide radio shows by GOI are English, Hindi and Sanskrit. I do not accept that. Privatise broadcast radio and TV. Cash of Hindians.ble and satellite TV are private and we get plenty of Tamil shows. Privatise broadcast and we will get plenty of Tamil shows.
Chidamparam cannot do anything against the wish of Hindians. Deva Gowda slightly went against Hindian wishes and put a TV shows for farmers in state languzages. Hindians were mad and deposed him.
I know there is a problem...but common people who speak hindi aren't involved in policy making... you arrogantly going after every hindi speaking guy is not right.. point out the people who are making policies.. force people like Chidambaram to bring out all the issues to the public and take actions... you are pissing off everyone by using the generic term Hindian which is not right...

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
What we fund for Tamil is our decision. Not yours. But what GOI funds for Sanskrit is my problem because I pay taxes to GOI

In post 19, I indicated I am talking of Hindi politicians.

Only people subsrvient to Hindians become MPs or MLAs. He found it myself. I cannot contest for MLA in TN because I do not want to swear that I would uphold thge integrity of India

opesys

What we fund for Tamil is our decision. Not yours. But what GOI funds for Sanskrit is my problem because I pay taxes to GOI
Everybody in India pays tax..not just you.. GOI funds for Tamils programmes also...

In post 19, I indicated I am talking of Hindi politicians.

Only people subsrvient to Hindians become MPs or MLAs. He found it myself. I cannot contest for MLA in TN because I do not want to swear that I would uphold thge integrity of India
That article is about India as a whole. Yes, you have to swear by it inorder to contest elections. That policy was made and agreed by all the people of India including TN state people. Suck it up...

Last edited:

Tolaha

To some of you who might end up thinking that Tamilians are sickos due to the efforts of a moron here, a news article to clear the air that not all are anti-sanskrit:

Rooting for mother tongue - Times Of India

SK Sanjana, a Class 5 student of a CBSE school, learns three languages in school. Her mother tongue Tamil is not one of them. Dr Sundarkumar , who chose Hindi as his daughter's second language and Sanskrit as the third, spends his weekends teaching Sanjana Tamil. "I read Tirukkural and other Tamil literature to her. She reads Tamil fluently and if she has any problem with the meaning, we pitch in," Dr Sundarkumar says. Young couples have allowed Tamil to take a backseat in their children's academics because it is easier to score marks in Hindi or French than in Tamil. But at home, parents want their children to learn their mother tongue, and draw the essence of Tamil culture and tradition from literature. Many, like paediatrician Dr Priya Chandrasekar, whose daughters learn Sanskrit in school, buy Tamil children's magazines and CDs of Tamil rhymes and mythological stories. "We speak in Tamil at home and also get a vernacular newspaper for her to read daily. This is the only way she will know about our culture," says Dr Sundarkumar. Young couples who opted for other languages when they were in school now arrange for private tuition to teach their children their mother tongue, because they want their children to enjoy the books they couldn't when they were children. Says Nidhi Selvan, a Hindi teacher in a CBSE school in the city, "About a decade ago, parents used to opt for Tamil as the second language and make their children learn Hindi from private tutors. It is the reverse now."

panduranghari

Must watch-

Brit school kids learning Sanskrit. They will grow up and know more about Sanskrit than Indian kids whose parents think ' its not hip enough' to learn Sanskrut.

From RMYG

Last edited by a moderator:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Must watch-

Brit school kids learning Sanskrit. They will grow up and know more about Sanskrit than Indian kids whose parents think ' its not hip enough' to learn Sanskrut.

From RMYG
The school kids are wasting their time, you can't learn Sanskrit by mindless chanting. It requires intensive study of grammar, sandhi rules, various noun and verb forms, etc.

Sanskrit should be learned the same way that a modern, 'living' language is learned, i.e. it should be treated as a productive language rather than a 'hip' novelty.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hindian gov would not allow patriotslike me to contest elecyions because we would form the state gov and remove all CBSE schools fro the country.

I chalenge Hindian gov to allow us to contest.

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
administrator.

1. why can't I edit my posts.

2. Why cant I upload custom avatar>

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I cannot contest for MLA in TN because I do not want to swear that I would uphold thge integrity of India
Forget MLA seat, You shouldn't even be considered to be rightful citizen of India.

panduranghari

The school kids are wasting their time, you can't learn Sanskrit by mindless chanting. It requires intensive study of grammar, sandhi rules, various noun and verb forms, etc.

Sanskrit should be learned the same way that a modern, 'living' language is learned, i.e. it should be treated as a productive language rather than a 'hip' novelty.
It may be considered a 'hip novelty' right now, but if you move a few decades into the future, there would be this army of Sanskrit taught foreigners who would then start revere teaching Indians about Sanskrit. Its just a possibility - conspiracy theory or not - that we have to entertain. it some how feels like AIT reversed and the creation of Proto-Indo-european Language family which will allow the Christian west to move away from Greeco-roman foundations to the Vedic foundation.

The danger is real and present.

Just thinking in 'KOOT NITIC Terms'

Tolaha

Hindian gov would not allow patriotslike me to contest elecyions because we would form the state gov and remove all CBSE schools fro the country.

I chalenge Hindian gov to allow us to contest.
Unfortunately, I dont think there is any law preventing people from contesting elections based on their senility.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Forget MLA seat, You shouldn't even be considered to be rightful citizen of India.
He is a troll from Sri Lanka in all likelyhood.

Unfortunately, I dont think there is any law preventing people from contesting elections based on their senility.
If he is not a citizen, he cannot contest. If he is Indian, he should probably be jailed. If he is mad, then he should be in the right place for such people.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles