Indian Forces Training For NBC warfare..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The Mobile Decontamination System has been designed and developed for decontamination of terrain, vehicles, personnel and personal equipment The system is fitted on a TATRA vehicle with cross-country capabilities. The main sub-systems of mobile decontamination system are : pre-wash, chemical wash and postwash. Pre-wash consists of a 3000 litre stainless steel water tank and a fast suction pump.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Used in cleaning of the aircraft and weaponry is the PDA. The Portable Decontamination Apparatus (PDA) has been designed to spray decontamination solution over the contaminated area, buildings, vehicles including tanks and ships.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The reconaissance vehicle, which is designed to detect and demarcate areas affected by nuclear, biological and chemical weapons and transmit data to the control centre.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The integrated field shelter, which can accommodate up to 30 people for four days in the event of an NBC attack.

p2prada

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Army has always trained for NBC.

Now that more equipment is available, it is training in a 'grander' style!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am glad to see the photos of this training. When I was a chemical operations NCO in the US Army we rarely trained with more that personal NBC protective gear. Training with unit level equipment was mostly done at the chemical school. US soldiers don't like NBC defense training because the protective suits and masks are uncomfortable and they find the subject boring. Also, when I trained soldiers for Operation Desert Storm, they were not confident that they could survive a chemical attack. I wonder what is the attitude of IA in that regard. Certainly the threat should be recognized.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Fascinating! Would love to see some of the latest pictures !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It great in pictures, but they are very uncomfortable in actual use.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It great in pictures, but they are very uncomfortable in actual use.
And we have to remember that NBC protection is one half of the problem. Completing the mission in a contaminated environment is the other half.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles