DEEP STATE
Country flag
Re: Indian fishermen will be shot if they cross border, says Sri Lanka

never expected thiss..........:eek:mg::dafuq:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

this is what happens when you continue to show that you are soft state. Everyone takes shot at you.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

this is what happens when you continue to show that you are soft state. Everyone takes shot at you.
So what we have to do? If we take any action against Sl , they will kick Lankan tamils .Then Tamil .nadu Cm jayalalitha will bash central govt

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

So what we have to do? If we take any action against Sl , they will kick Lankan tamils .Then Tamil .nadu Cm jayalalitha will bash central govt
Not really, go after other guys. Like India's most wanted, get them and others will fall in line.

sorcerer

Country flag

We can always reciprocate...!! Lanka knows it and they wont shoot the fishermen cuz that will escalate it to many levels for a new govt in Lanka.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Hardly surprising :laugh:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

We do realise that its a ecological issue which has manifested into a border issue, is n't it?

Fact is our vannakkam fishermen go out in groups of 100 boats and go into Lankan territory. In my opinion what our guys are doing is wrong.

This issue was one of the first issues I had put on mygov.in when the site got started.

My solution was to raise an organisation which has scientists from both countries, their job is to find alternative methods of supplying the fish stock to both indian and Lankan fisherman. One of my suggestion was to look at " offshore fish farming".

If this issue was not solved scientifically, this issue will keep raising again and again.

sgarg

@ezsasa, It is job of coast guard to keep the peace in the current situation; and that includes keeping Indian fishermen in Indian waters.

However "firing" on Indian fishermen hardly looks like a solution to the problem.

Let us see how situation develops. The resources of coast guard are increasing rapidly and I am sure they will be able to police the maritime border effectively.

The UAV patrols will also be increased.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

@ezsasa, It is job of coast guard to keep the peace in the current situation; and that includes keeping Indian fishermen in Indian waters.

However "firing" on Indian fishermen hardly looks like a solution to the problem.

Let us see how situation develops. The resources of coast guard are increasing rapidly and I am sure they will be able to police the maritime border effectively.

The UAV patrols will also be increased.
True, but not a long term solution is it?

Our guys are not so well mannered, chennai fishermen folk are not people you can reason with, I am not sure if you had met them.

No matter what we do, these guys will always go into Lankan waters.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

Why? Cann't even Amma handle them??

HeinzGud

Country flag

We can always reciprocate...!! Lanka knows it and they wont shoot the fishermen cuz that will escalate it to many levels for a new govt in Lanka.
No we will shoot. If India fisherman can illegally cross the IMBL and illegally fish SLG has the authority to order shoot at site.

HeinzGud

Country flag

We do realise that its a ecological issue which has manifested into a border issue, is n't it?

Fact is our vannakkam fishermen go out in groups of 100 boats and go into Lankan territory. In my opinion what our guys are doing is wrong.

This issue was one of the first issues I had put on mygov.in when the site got started.

My solution was to raise an organisation which has scientists from both countries, their job is to find alternative methods of supplying the fish stock to both indian and Lankan fisherman. One of my suggestion was to look at " offshore fish farming".

If this issue was not solved scientifically, this issue will keep raising again and again.
Why should SL give it's fish to India for free? Besides those fishing grounds are the solely livelihood of Tamil fisherman of SL. It shows how bogus Tamilnadu claim on Lankan Tamils also.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Why should SL give it's fish to India for free? Besides those fishing grounds are the solely livelihood of Tamil fisherman of SL.
I know I agree with you. From what I know indian fishermen are destroying the coral by dragging the nets on the sea floor too. Other reason in decline in fish stock.

I will stick to debate on fishing rights.

I don't want to debate on Lankan Tamils part.

Sameet Pattnaik

No we will shoot. If India fisherman can illegally cross the IMBL and illegally fish SLG has the authority to order shoot at site.
thats crime mister to shoot someone in borderless boundary ! you can penalize them or anything else !

ladder

Country flag

You will violate UNCLOS in that case. Land boundary and IMBL can't be compared.

debasree

Country flag

If Lankan navy fire detain those vessels and personnel and put case against them for man slaughter like those Italian marines

HeinzGud

Country flag

I know I agree with you. From what I know indian fishermen are destroying the coral by dragging the nets on the sea floor too. Other reason in decline in fish stock.

I will stick to debate on fishing rights.

I don't want to debate on Lankan Tamils part.
Ok. Point taken. However Sri Lanka has nothing to contribute to the decline of fish in Indian waters. The only thing SL can do is to protect it's own sea bed and fish from wanton destruction.

HeinzGud

Country flag

You will violate UNCLOS in that case. Land boundary and IMBL can't be compared.
Why not. Besides those fishermen who trespass the IMBL aren't doing it accidentally. They come in fleets of boats. We have repeatedly warned them and they didn't listen.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles