Indian EMB-145 AEW&C

Phantom

@indiatester

When/where was this taken in Bangalore? And next time, you must use a better camera for taking the snaps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

indiatester

Country flag
@indiatester

When/where was this taken in Bangalore? And next time, you must use a better camera for taking the snaps. :)
Bangalore.
Was on a temple visit. That was what my cellphone camera could manage :p
The plane was much closer and bigger to the eyes though

Last edited by a moderator:

sivachandan

Numbers doesn't matter as of now. It's the performance of TD which will in-light the future. If the TD performs satisfactorily as per IAF then as per plan, CABS will move to platform like 'B-737' or 'A-319'. At that time, this AEW will get upgraded to AEW&C, which will mean no more Phalcons. This very condition will lead to lot of drama. Wish CABS comes out with a system glitch free and advanced enough to compel IAF say " Ok, induct it".
I don't think Indian will stop using Phalcons...DRDO produced these as cost effective AEW&C flatforms which will complement Phalcons and also they don't have the same coverage as Phalcons

sivachandan

Indian AEW&C at Baharin International Airshow

Bahrain: India is showcasing during the Bahrain International Airshow, its state-of-the-art airborne platforms and associated sensors & communication systems designed and developed by DRDO (Defence Research & Development Organization, Ministry of Defence, Govt of India). DRDO, along with some of its production partners is displaying India's strength and expertise in design, development and leading to production at the 'Bahrain International Airshow' being held at Sakhir Airbase, Bahrain from 16 – 18 Jan 2014, with the aim of exploring the potential of exporting these advanced systems to friendly countries in the region.

The show will witness flying demonstration of the 'AEW&C India' the latest and state of the art Airborne Early Warning and Control system that can detect, identify and classify threats present in the surveillance area and act as a command and control centre to support variety of air operations. The system with its multiple Communication and data links can alert and direct fighters against such threats while providing "Recognizable Air Surface Picture" to the Commanders at the Ground Exploitation Stations. It also comprises of electronic and communication support measures that intercept and classify unfriendly radar transmissions and communication signals. "AEW&C India" with Mission Systems developed by DRDO with modular design and seamlessly integrated on an Embraer 145 aircraft provides a very cost effective solution for C4ISR capabilities. It is based on modern state of art technologies and can be adapted to the needs of any country.

DRDO is also displaying models of Light Combat Aircraft 'TEJAS', the 'Four plus' generation and highly cost effective fighter aircraft designed and developed by the Department of Defence R&D of the Ministry of Defence and being produced by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. Models of trainer and the Naval versions are also on display. The other items include models of 'Expendable high Speed Aerial Target', 'NISHANT', the multi mission UAV with Day and Night operational capability for battlefield surveillance & reconnaissance, target tracking & localization, and artillery fire correction; and OBOGS (On Board Oxygen Generation System)

A high level DRDO delegation led by Dr Avinash Chander Scientific Adviser to Defence Minister and Secretary Defence R&D is participating in the event. The delegation includes Dr S Christopher Distinguished Scientist and Director 'Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS), Mr Radhakrishnan, Outstanding Scientist and Director Industry Interface & Technology Management and Senior level officials from Indian Industries partnering DRDO in the production of various systems.

Read more: DRDO AEW&C aircraft flight displays at Sakhir Airbase for Bahrain International Airshow
I think It has a huge potential for sales due to its good features and relatively low cost when compared with other flat forms of this class. :cool2:

Twinblade

Country flag

DRDO's AEW&C: Salient features
22 Jan, 2014
With an aim of exploring the potential of exporting advanced systems to friendly countries in the region, DRDO recently showcased the Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) system at the Baharin International Airshow.

Designed to detect threats
22 Jan, 2014
AEW&C system is designed to detect, identify and classify threats present in the surveillance area and act as a command and control center to support different air operations.

Meant to alert and direct fighters
22 Jan, 2014
The system with its multiple communication and data links is meant to alert and direct fighters against such threats while providing 'Recognizable Air Surface Picture' to the Commanders at the Ground Exploitation Stations.

Electronic and communication support measures
22 Jan, 2014
The system comprises of electronic and communication support measures that can interrupt and classify unfriendly radar transmissions and communication signals.

Multi sensor airborne surveillance
22 Jan, 2014
"The AEW&C system is a multi sensor airborne surveillance system. It comprises of Primary Radar (PR) and Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR / IFF) as the active sensors onboard," says DRDO.

Electronic Support Measure
22 Jan, 2014
The Electronic Support Measure (ESM) and the Communication Support Measure (CSM) systems aids in identification/classification, based on the various emissions from the targets.

"The Self Protection Suite (SPS) comprises of Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), which are incorporated in the ESM system, Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) and Counter Measures Dispensing system (CMDS)," claims DRDO.

Can be adapted to other countries' needs
22 Jan, 2014
AEW&C India with Mission Systems developed by DRDO and integrated on an Embraer 145 aircraft is meant to provide a cost effective solution. According to DRDO, the system is based on modern state of art technologies and can be adapted to the needs of any country.

In-flight refuelling system
22 Jan, 2014
The platform aircraft (Embraer) is also installed with an in-flight refuelling system to facilitate extended surveillance operations. "The AEW&C I is capable of climbing to flight altitudes from where the radar can cover from ground level to maximum required altitude to detect airborne targets at a long range," says DRDO.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
He was not talking about this system but a bigger one under work ..

I don't think Indian will stop using Phalcons...DRDO produced these as cost effective AEW&C flatforms which will complement Phalcons and also they don't have the same coverage as Phalcons

Blood+

Country flag
Hey guys,it seems to me that the radar antenna array in DRDO AEWCS is somewhat smaller than those onboard Saab Eryeyes??

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Hey guys,it seems to me that the radar antenna array in DRDO AEWCS is somewhat smaller than those onboard Saab Eryeyes??
I think both are of same dimensions, it looks bigger because of the platform that is used to support the radar.

SAAB Erieye on EMB-145

Eriye based on S 100 B Argus

Kushal sinha

25 to 30 are just too many, although this is good system to support Israeli AWAC, even 8 to 10 are enought for our IAF........in next 5-10 years......

although i want some indian AWAC for our AC.......
India has a large boundry to protect thats why we need more of them

Kushal sinha

25 to 30 are just too many, although this is good system to support Israeli AWAC, even 8 to 10 are enought for our IAF........in next 5-10 years......

although i want some indian AWAC for our AC.......
India has a large border to protect thats why we need to have more of these

Kushal sinha

I think HAL should design and produce planes for our awacs for embrer that will reduce the total cost

jmj_overlord

I think HAL should design and produce planes for our awacs for embrer that will reduce the total cost
as per the present performance of hal it will take more time, so best option might be to convert any aircraft available in the airforce as awacs till we fully develop our own aircrafts or without minding the costs go for imports

rohit b3

Country flag
When does the IAF finally induct them? Has the radar been mounted on the first aircraft?

Blood+

Country flag
Do anyone here have any idea about the dimensions of the antenna array unit of Emb 145 AEW&CS??And what is the dimension of the Saab Eryeye radar??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles