Indian Economy for Dummies

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The India that i live in has very few opportunities forcing millions of it's best and brightest to migrate abroad.Getting a job in this country is as hard as getting a diamond.
specially quoting this line because India's unemployment ratio is better than west.
Africans, Middle Easterners and people from many countries come for studying and jobs in India. :party:

pmaitra

specially quoting this line because India's unemployment ratio is better than west.
Africans, Middle Easterners and people from many countries come for studying and jobs in India. :party:
How many Middle Easterners come to India?

Thousands of Indians migrate to the Middle East to work in inhuman conditions because the job situation in India pathetic.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
High economic growth for 1 or 2 years means nothings,for India to make a significant impact it needs to maintain the current growth rate for atleast the next 20 years.
India maintained 4-5% for 20+ years, now turn of 7%+.
With a regressive industrial policy and ranked worse than many closed economies in ease of doing business,it remains to be seen how India becomes a manufacturing and export based economy.
And Apple is thinking of moving to India but not moved yet.Brag abut it when they do so.
But it's moving towards. Got 12 ranks up in ease of doing business and increasing manufacturing.
That's enough.
For your information ,in 2015,India did even worse than the previous year.
"
Despite the government’s Make in India programme, India continues to perform poorly in the “incidence and location of innovation” with international patent applications filed from the country dropping slightly to 1,423 last year—as compared to Japan’s 44,235, China’s 29,846 and South Korea’s 14,626 in the same period.

In 2014, India filed 1,428 international patent applications as against 42,381 by Japan, 25,548 by China and 13,117 by South Korea, according to the latest figures released by the Geneva-based World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)."

I have quoted the figures from Rapid Survey on Children (RSOC), conducted by the ministry of women and child development in 2013-14 in league with Unicef.According to it around 29.4% of Indian children are malnourished.
I have explained about malnourishment before.
For patents, go in 2015's data.

China has 9000, India has 3000 and catching up in 2015.
If you want to include Hong Kong and Taiwan in China's patent (without them China will be much lower), please include patents from entire Akhand Bharat in Indian account.

Indian Poverty ratio declines to 12.4%
There are 1.6 billion people living in multidimensional poverty across the world and nearly 440 million of them are in eight large Indian states, according to a new analysis using a unique index developed at the University of Oxford.

The eight Indian states that have similar number of poor as in 25 African countries are Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Odisha, Rajasthan and West Bengal. The poorest region in south Asia is Bihar, the analysis states.
Sabina Alkire, director of the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative, told Hindustan Times on Thursday that the least poor Indian states according to the global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) in 2015 remained the same as in the 2010 analysis.
There is a better method called HDI than MPI for measuring such things. :D
MPI includes only three factors, HDI includes all factors.

If still you think African standards are better than Indian ones, please immediately leave India and start living in sub Sahara Africa. :love:

I will also if those we nourished people have enough money to give you lifestyles which you get in malnourished Indians.

Please leave immediately. ;)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
How many Middle Easterners come to India?

Thousands of Indians migrate to the Middle East to work in inhuman conditions because the job situation in India pathetic.
Iranian students mainly are there.
Working foreigners are mainly illegal immigrants though. Hang on for a while.
I'm providing links.

fyodor

Country flag
Decades? :crazy:
It is India not slow Mexico.
India will have 3-4 trillion exports in 13 years at minimum.

It's still respectable among developimg countries. At no. 11 necnext year for 7.

Fool a person who doesn't know about North Korea, sub Saharn Africa and global economic conditions, not me. :p
Do you know, I have been to China and Vietnam as a tourist once.
Though their larger cities are better, you can't differentiate in common cities.

Malnutrition at par with North Korea?(they are three-four times worse)
Living standard comparable to sub Saharan Africa?(People who can't afford motorcycle
:scared2:
From which planet you are?
:tsk:

For electronic industry, go through FAB thread. :D
You say India has only automobile industry and nothing then, go to Made in India thread.

FYI, My data is influenced by IMF, WB, USTPO, UNDP and ISO tec.
So, I would love to know about a source which is more reliable. :biggrin2:

Infact, CrYsis should be made to know that India according to World Bank is no more a developing country but a NIC - Newly Industrialized Country along with China, Thailand and some others.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Infact, CrYsis should be made to know that India according to World Bank is no more a developing country but a NIC - Newly Industrialized Country along with China, Thailand and some others.
I really don't care what @CrYsIs thinks about India. I live in India and I don't see things as worse as @CrYsIs claims.
If west, Russia or China are so great.
He can go there.
My country is best for me.
@pmaitra requesting to delete all off topic replies and close the thread.
:)

Superdefender

@CrYsIs , how can you think India can't manage to grow consistently for two decades? 7.5% growth is not a big thing. Nobody can stop India to achieve above 7% growth; not even deficit of monsoon. The real challenge is to touch double digit and sustain that for 2 decades. UPA was able to manage that because of favourable global condition. But things are negative across globe now, still India is the only lotus in the dirty pond. China is only prosporous in its east section. Majority part of west is still similar to poorest part of India, if not worse. We have the geographical advantage. China is 3x of India. So China has to increase it efforts to nearly 3times to its west people (because of the huge distance from east). I think China will ahead of economic quantity than us for some decade. However, we will be able to catch up fast in economical quality; in simple word what I mean - India & China will both enter developed tag at about the same time. PS: Monsoon is vey positive this year. So expect strong Q2 GDP.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Superdefender Bro, actually entire decisions of @CrYsIs are made by watching TV.
He not only says India is at par with Africans, he even said Pakistan is an LDC(Least Developed Country), pakistan is actually developing country and everybody knows.
It's clear that we must ignore him.
A guy with level of knowledge like him will make us a laughing stock of foreigners.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Indian Economy is accelerating. That's enough reason.
Even Apple is looking for moving manufacturing in India from China.

I'm talking of 2015. Anyway, from last decade, India is only country third world. who can rank here.
Pak has 16, BD has 2.

Again data of 2012.
I'm from a Rich family but I was also classified malnutritioned because of improper diet. :p
In terms of living standards, Indians are light years ahead of your Korean and African masters.
Ever have a visit to these countries and then, to ASEAN and China.
Then, talk to me. Our living standards are more resembling with them.

Oh really? :rotflmao:
Here's source, compare your most of States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_and_territories_by_Human_Development_Index

Handful? It's world's fifth industrial output. :D
Getting export room through land caused export problem.
Government has a new spice route program like China's silk corridor.
When implemented, India will be a surplus adding economy in import export.
FYI, your western masters like USA and UK import more than India.

Obviously, you are working in an Assembly industry then. I've been manager of many projects where we made and sold Indigenous products.
Till then, I've seen only Chinese duplicate maal in market, first time, we sold ours there.

Anyway, go to China. I've been there.
Their regular streets, lifestyles etc. are very similar to us. :biggrin2:

Do you know, between 2014-16, India made the poverty to half, lifestyle, HDI and Education Index to leap?

According to last world bank reports, India has less less tha 10% poverty.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...by-new-world-bank-formula-114080400161_1.html

I am searching for a link of world bank report to display that india has less number of poor than china.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
According to last world bank reports, India has less less tha 10% poverty.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...by-new-world-bank-formula-114080400161_1.html

I am searching for a link of world bank report to display that india has less number of poor than china.
No doubt our HDI will be in highly developed category soon. :party:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No doubt our HDI will be in highly developed category soon. :party:
yes , they have their own criterion of evaluation. If you want to study in IIM Bangalore, you need highest score in GMAT compared to any other institute of the world. IIM students are at top in any job still IIMS rank very low in top business school least. They have their BS criterion such as professor per students etc but completely ignore the positions the students acquire in next 5 to 10 years etc. Definately we are much batter positioned than what they rank us.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Lol, today all Asian stock markets are down except Thailand & Indonesia. India is still in green. That shows faith in India.
when I try to visualize which country has highest potential of growth, I can not see any other country which may match India. I foresee a remote possibility in Iran but in dictatorial Islamic regime and worse Human right record, it seems far from being emerged as any respectable country. Still I am hopeful. Europe, America has no chance. Africa is gone. Russia will grow at low rate and loose its position. China is completely gone. It can regress only from this position. Japan will struggle very hard to even maintain its position. Taiwan has a little bit chance to grow for some time before its down fall begins. Australia will remain as it is by and large without any much chance to grow, Pakistan not worth counting. I see a better future of Indonesia as they have preserved their culture of Hinduism. Pakistan not worth considering. It will have 2 to 3% size economy of india by 2050 if it is not divided in four.

CrYsIs

Country flag
If talking of working without west, we have remained without them for 40 years. :p
Now, for rosy future, India was poorest among all South Asian countries and was projected to beat all of them up.
That came true very smoothly.

IMO, you must be a kid living in a slum accidentally got a smartphone to waste my time on DFI. That's why you have never seen development in India.
Where do you live? Bihar, Odisha or Chhattisgarh?

If you think west is so great and India is $hithole, kindly go there.
India has stood up without for 40+ years. And if today corporating, it's giving them investments.

I can see from richness to poverty everything in India and will work for my nation to eliminate it. You think Indian manufacturing is useless, please stop using Indian products (even in foreign).

:facepalm:

Blind nationalism is never good.

You probably forgot that had it not been Norman Borlaug and his Green revolution,much of India would have been a starving country.

You forgot that had it not been the french with their viking engines we would never been the space power that we are today.

You forgot that had the US not been so liberal with it's H1B program,there would have been no middle class in India.

So give credit where it's due.

And i would love to use made in India stuffs but the problem is that it's rare.Even the spanners that i have to use for repairing and overhauling are imported from the US.

CrYsIs

Country flag
India maintained 4-5% for 20+ years, now turn of 7%+.

But it's moving towards. Got 12 ranks up in ease of doing business and increasing manufacturing.
That's enough.

I have explained about malnourishment before.
For patents, go in 2015's data.

China has 9000, India has 3000 and catching up in 2015.
If you want to include Hong Kong and Taiwan in China's patent (without them China will be much lower), please include patents from entire Akhand Bharat in Indian account.

Indian Poverty ratio declines to 12.4%
There is a better method called HDI than MPI for measuring such things. :D
MPI includes only three factors, HDI includes all factors.

If still you think African standards are better than Indian ones, please immediately leave India and start living in sub Sahara Africa. :love:

I will also if those we nourished people have enough money to give you lifestyles which you get in malnourished Indians.

Please leave immediately. ;)
Do you realize that India is ranked 130th in ease of doing business behind even Pakistan ?

You have not explained a bit about malnutrition because you know you are defending the undefendable

Do you know what happens when 30 or 40% of your children are malnourished ?

Malnutrition due to lack of adequate food immensely damages the brain and reduces the IQ levels.So these malnourished children will probably end up dropping out of school and become anti social element.

And as for Patents are concerned,i have shown you that infact the number of patents filed in 2015 was lower than that in 2014.Prove me otherwise

And finally as far as poverty is concerned both the UN figures and Oxfam figures(MPI) holds good.

Flame Thrower

@CrYsIs

Yes, blind patriotism is not good, but unable to see the changes (Good or Bad) is worse.

1. Green revolution helped a lot, we are not starving, we also pushed for blue and white revolutions

2. Our Space journey started with Nike Appache sounding rocket. And today we are one of the leading countries in Space explorations.

3. Thanks for H1bs, we Indians are richer community in US.

And yes, IT sector in India is improving at very fastly, is it not.

4. India, being ranked 130 below Pak has got huge amounts of FDI which is only going to increase.

And hope you know about the Chinese Economic bubble, it proved that Investors have more faith in India.

Though ranked 130 which is going to improve in comming years is it not?

5. Yes, Malnutrition is one of the major problems, but is also being sorted out(takes time). Ever heard of Mid day meals in the schools?

And yes we are also one of the fastest growing economies and also considered as one of the driving economies of the World.

Note: Please provide the Country with economies crossed over Trillion mark growing above or on par with India.

I totally agree that it is a long way to go, but day by day the speed is only increasing.

I have no issues if you or anyone who can't notice as it will neither hinder nor help in Growth of India.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles