Indian diplomat attacked in Chinese court

lemontree

Professional
There should be another advisory to dissuade dishonest Indian traders like the two in the court from doing business in china.
Please explain:-
- How are Indian employees responsible for the actions of the Yemeni owners of the firm that duped the Chinese traders?
- How come kidnapping and torture of the Indians by the local traders is not a crime?

The Yemeni firm commits a civil offence and the Chinese locals commit a criminal offence and the best part is that the Chinese authorities are siding with the criminals.
if it is possible, stop sending diabetic diplomats to china, in case they faint again the next time they try to rescue some Indian traders who fail to pay, which will damage the sino-indo relationship as we can see in this incident.
You see Chinese diplomats may meet tragic traffic accidents - it runs both ways.

Anyway - I hope this teaches a lesson to most Indian traders to stop doing business in China.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
India asks traders to stay away from Yiwu trade hub in China

BEIJING: The two Indians, who were virtually held captive by local traders in China's Yiwu trade hub, have now been shifted to a hotel for "safety" reasons by the police, even as India issued an advisory asking its traders to "stay away" from the busy commodity centre.

Police in Yiwu, a trade hub in Zhejiang province close to Shanghai, shifted Shyamsunder Agrewal and Deepak Raheja to a hotel where two policemen were deployed to guard them.

Raheja said over phone that they still apprehend trouble as a large crowd of locals had surrounded their hotel.

Indian officials said efforts were on to bring them to Shanghai.

The two, who complained of ill-treatment and torture ever since they were "kidnapped" on December 15, said they were merely employees of a company that owed payments to local suppliers for the goods purchased and that their owner, whose identity has not been established, had fled.

The local traders, who reportedly handed them over to the police, assert that they would let them go only after the dues amounting to several million Yuan are paid.

Indian diplomat S Balachandran was "manhandled" at a court and fainted as he tried to secure the release of the two traders on December 31, prompting India to lodge a protest. He is convalescing at a hospital in Shanghai.

Meanwhile, an advisory from the Indian Embassy in Beijing, cautioned Indian businessmen in dealing with traders in Yiwu, which has emerged as a major hub for commodities trading.

"Indian traders and business men are hereby cautioned not to do business with Yiwu in Zhejiang province," a trade advisory posted on the Indian Embassy website said today.

"All people who have business/trade with Yiwu are cautioned against doing business there and all people who do not have business/trade with Yiwu are requested to be careful that they do not do business with Yiwu. Indian businessmen are cautioned to stay away from Yiwu," the advisory said.

According to unofficial estimates Indian businessmen bought over several billions of dollars worth of goods last year. Over 100 Indian businessmen live in Yiwu doing thriving business there.

They "should be aware that when there are trade disputes with Yiwu, the Indian businessmen/traders can be illegally held under detention and mistreated by Chinese businessmen there," it said.

"Based on experience, there is no guarantee that legal remedies will be readily available. Furthermore, in case of disputes arising, experience suggests that there is inadequate protection for safety of persons," it said, without directly mentioning the detention of two Indians.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
An advisory issued by the Indian Embassy in Beijing said, "All people who have business/trade with Yiwu are cautioned against doing business there and all people who do not have business/trade with Yiwu are requested to be careful that they do not do business with Yiwu". It added that Indian traders "should be aware that when there are trade disputes with Yiwu, the Indian businessmen/traders can be illegally held under detention and mistreated by Chinese businessmen there".

India asks traders to stay away from China's Yiwu trade hub

nimo_cn

Country flag
Please explain:-
- How are Indian employees responsible for the actions of the Yemeni owners of the firm that duped the Chinese traders?
The company is owned by Indians, then Indians are responsbile.

- How come kidnapping and torture of the Indians by the local traders is not a crime?
How come deceiving Chinese traders is not a crime? The dishonest Indians traders deserve to be treated like that.

The Yemeni firm commits a civil offence and the Chinese locals commit a criminal offence and the best part is that the Chinese authorities are siding with the criminals.
Yemeni commited a crime by duping Chinese traders, the Chinese polices are protecting Indian deceivers from being harmed by angry Chinese traders, you should thank Chinese polices. No country will treat Indian thefts and deceivers well, except China.

You see Chinese diplomats may meet tragic traffic accidents - it runs both ways.
Indeed, that is highly possible given the traffic chaos in India.

Anyway - I hope this teaches a lesson to most Indian traders to stop doing business in China.
Absolutely. Traders with no integerity should stop doing business in any country. I doubt any country wishes to deal with dishonest Indian traders who always fail to pay.

nimo_cn

Country flag
In fact, there should be an advisory to tell all traders that Chinese a born crooks and hooligans!
You keep saying hooligans, but we all know it was the Indians who deceived and refused to pay.

Maybe Indian traders are born crooks and hooligans as you suggested.

Diplomats should learn to eat frogs, and dogs penis to be able to live in China and not get any disease!
Well, if eating frogs or dogs penis can cure diabetes, Indian diplomat should certainly try something like that. Otherwise, just stop showing up in Chinese court, in case Chinese traders are wrongly blamed for knocking him down after he fainted because of being in bad shape.

Stupid post deserve stupid answers.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
In todays newspaper it is written that chinis tortured Indian traders and make them eat shit and drink urine.

what kind of filthy barbarians are they ? :mad2:
Yes, they also said your lovely diplomats were attacked by Chinese traders, now it turned out that your old and sick diplomat fainted because of his diabetes, how does that go?

Indians, along with their media and traders, are just a bunch of liars.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
These are the pre-war hate crimes on the enemy by the Chinese. They will attack INDIA in 2012, if they go like this.

vietnam&india

I dont think the protection failed. I think that they just stood by and let things get out of control.
The Chinese never lose an opportunity to embarrass India.
That's right. They have always acted like a bunch of hooligans !

Last edited by a moderator:

niharjhatn

You keep saying hooligans, but we all know it was the Indians who deceived and refused to pay.

Maybe Indian traders are born crooks and hooligans as you suggested.
And If somebody refuses to pay, does this justify such behaviour?

Aggressive posturing and crap flinging is all well and good for a pack of apes, but I'd hoped we had gone past that now!

kickok1975

That's right. They have always acted like a bunch of hooligans ! The world would be much more cleaner without those dirty Chinese.
Watch your words, vietnam&india. I wish you follow the rule in this forum and respect others.

raja696

i started telling my friends en collegues not to buy chinese products...(as my part of tit for tat).... i hope soon it will become chain reaction....(problem is everybody in India were busy with there own problems... so who cares (except we little group) abt chinese manhandling Indian diplomat). so guys encourage people around not to buy chinese.. its time for made in India all over world.

trackwhack

i started telling my friends en collegues not to buy chinese products...(as my part of tit for tat).... i hope soon it will become chain reaction....(problem is everybody in India were busy with there own problems... so who cares (except we little group) abt chinese manhandling Indian diplomat). so guys encourage people around not to buy chinese.. its time for made in India all over world.
People are not going to just stop buying Chinese goods. At the end of the day it comes down to value for money. Unless manufacturers worldwide become price competitive, consumers wont mind sacrificing a bit of quality for a product that may be half the price or less. To buy 'Made in India', we have to make quality products at a competitive price.

But thats only half the story. Gone are the days of poor Chinese quality. China's manufacturing dominance is now heavily skewed towards high quality products churned out for big brands. No one is going to say I wont buy an iPhone because it is made in China. The price competitiveness of the Chinese has attracted greedy firms to share high end manufacturing technologies with the Chinese that have filtered down to its local industries. It is going to be a big struggle for other countries to wrest that away from the Chinese now. Only India stands a chance and that opportunity is simply down to scale. Whether we are able to convert only time will tell.

We should stop with the cliche of poor Chinese quality. Cheap Chinese goods like toys and plasticwear will always be of poor quality. But those goods don't represent the Chinese manufacturing might.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't know about the quality of IPhones from China, but the mobiles from there are prone to glitches.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am surprised that the Chinese police cannot maintain law and order outside their courts.

It is extraordinary that a mob can act in such thug like manner and get away with it!

There sure is some connivance of these unholy mobsters and the Chinese law authorities.

Yet, they can quickly crush any rioting by their own people protesting against their Govt illegalities as was seen against the Huis recently.

Very extraordinary!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Euro Global Trading isn't an Indian firm. It is registered in UAE and owned by a Pakistani.

How come deceiving Chinese traders is not a crime? The dishonest Indians traders deserve to be treated like that.
The owner of EGT is the one who committed the fraud... not the traders. Torturing these men for a crime they didn't commit is an act of barbarism.

Yemeni commited a crime by duping Chinese traders, the Chinese polices are protecting Indian deceivers from being harmed by angry Chinese traders, you should thank Chinese polices. No country will treat Indian thefts and deceivers well, except China.
Chinese authorities committed a crime by not taking care of the well being of an Indian diplomat trusted to their charge.

Absolutely. Traders with no integerity should stop doing business in any country. I doubt any country wishes to deal with dishonest Indian traders who always fail to pay.
It wasn't their place to pay, the Pakistani cuts the checks.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Chinese are going low to tell lies and defending defeated argument.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The firm is owned by the Pakistan and the Chinese are holding Indians as hostage for payment!

Hostage taking, sanctioned by the authorities?

But then I am not conversant with Chinese law or even Chinese lawlessness!

lemontree

Professional
You are distorting news for your convenience. All news reports state that the company was Yemeni/ Pakistani owned.

How come deceiving Chinese traders is not a crime?
Of course it is a civil offence and should be delt accordingly. But kidnapping and torture is a crime that is deserving of even harsher punishment.
The dishonest Indians traders deserve to be treated like that.
Ditto same for the dishonest Chinese...dont complain if we make chopsuey of the Chinese traders here in India.

the Chinese polices are protecting Indian deceivers from being harmed by angry Chinese traders, you should thank Chinese polices. No country will treat Indian thefts and deceivers well, except China.
Ya we have seen first hand...and dont wish to trade with you.

You can slowly kiss goodbye to $50 billion worth of trade with India....and I sure you can trade with your beggar friends in Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles