Indian dinner menu

Neo

Sir, lassi in copper glass is a big No because it goes bad (chemical reaction) that is why people used nickel polish up north...

The best lassi is fermented one which is had in earthen pots after tadaka of asaphodita..... obviously salty...

Also called pallar at many places...

Punjabi lassi is mithi and contains buttermilk or malai....
Lassi is served in typical large stainless steel glasses in Pakistan.
At home, most people drink it from silver glasses.
I can't imagine lassi being served in a regular glass.

Blackwater

Feel the same way about Mirpuriyas. They own Bradford-Leeds.
Most jahil and uneducated Pakistanis I have ever seen.
u forgot Birmingham, luton , west london:lol::lol:

how often u go to UK? u got relatives there? which part u go

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
We eat all kind of meat; camel, buffalo, bull, cow, goat, lamb, dumba (don't know the english word for it), pahari bakra, chicken, duck, turkey, phasant, quail, fish and shrimps. So there's a huge potential to go for mass scale cheap farming. Problem in Pakistan is the poultry and meat mafia including Sharif family who keep the prices high by manipulating supplies. Prices are artificially kept high, otherwise we export meat and fish to EU, ME and East Asia in large quantities.
You forgot to mention flesh - the live one !!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Lassi is served in typical large stainless steel glasses in Pakistan.
At home, most people drink it from silver glasses.
I can't imagine lassi being served in a regular glass.
You are right but even silver reacts to the sourness....

Stainless steel is the answer....

Neo

u forgot Birmingham, luton , west london:lol::lol:

how often u go to UK? u got relatives there? which part u go
8-10 times a year. Close Family in London and Croydon and some far relatives in Glasgow, Manchester, Cardiff and Oxford.
My cousin is a captain for BA, typerating for B777 and B747. Another uncle living in Glasgow is a quality engineer for offshore oil wells. He has the power to shut down a well for a rusty screw, kinda cool job :p

Neo

You are right but even silver reacts to the sourness....

Stainless steel is the answer....
But it never gets the chance to go sour. We drink it with crushed ice so you drink fast.
Otherwise its kept in a matka or balti.

Blackwater

8-10 times a year. Close Family in London and Croydon and some far relatives in Glasgow, Manchester, Cardiff and Oxford.
My cousin is a captain for BA, typerating for B777 and B747. Another uncle living in Glasgow is a quality engineer for offshore oil wells. He has the power to shut down a well for a rusty screw, kinda cool job :p
R u married?? How old r u?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Copper or brass when used as utensil is nickel polished before use...
I have seen good shaped copper glasses (goblet - jam / pyala) used for drinking water and of course wine / daru ... along with good brass goglet (surahi) used as decanter for storing and pouring daru / wine like the one pictured in "Rubayat", manufactured in Mujjafarnagr in UP and used in Kashmir valley to serve Kahwa and in other places too...

A distinct Islamic contribution to Indian culture...

Reactions: Neo

Neo

Btw they have lassi in Turkey as well, it's called Ayran.
Quite salty and a good alternative for desi lassi.
You can buy it in all Turkish supermarkets a d snack bars.

bose

Country flag
Nothing can beat the RED MEAT... Lamb Chops and Meat Balls with Afghan or Lucknow style Biriyani are my favourite...

bose

Country flag
I have some happy memories in staying in Manchester in 2002 to 2004 as I used to leave in Rushomn or curry mile used to call, there used to be quite number of Kabab shops there...

Neo

Lamb chops are my favorite too :)
Love the aroma when I grill them on charcoal :)

bose

Country flag
Lamb chops are my favorite too :)
Love the aroma when I grill them on charcoal :)
That is devine...

There is local restaurant in my city that serves food from NWFP / Afghani food... Kandhahari Lamb with Peshawari Nun is also my favourite...

Neo

That is devine...

There is local restaurant in my city that serves food from NWFP / Afghani food... Kandhahari Lamb with Peshawari Nun is also my favourite...
Afghani food is good, definitely the kababs but its less spicy compared to desi food.
I love my lamb chops hot and spicy :)

Roast cummin seed, musterd seed and black papper before grinding. Add little garam massala powder, anardana powder, fresh garlic and ginger paste and green chili. Add lemmon juice to all spices and make a thick marinade.
Fry and drain onions and crunch them with little yoghurt and mix with marinade.
Add salt and raw papaya paste and let it marinate for few hours. Add 1 teaspoon vinnegar and 1 table spoon mustard oil before grillimg them on charcoal.
The taste is devine! :)

Blackwater

Afghani food is good, definitely the kababs but its less spicy compared to desi food.
I love my lamb chops hot and spicy :)

Roast cummin seed, musterd seed and black papper before grinding. Add little garam massala powder, anardana powder, fresh garlic and ginger paste and green chili. Add lemmon juice to all spices and make a thick marinade.
Fry and drain onions and crunch them with little yoghurt and mix with marinade.
Add salt and raw papaya paste and let it marinate for few hours. Add 1 teaspoon vinnegar and 1 table spoon mustard oil before grillimg them on charcoal.
The taste is devine! :)
Can u also share afghani green dhaniya ki chatni

Neo

Can u also share afghani green dhaniya ki chatni
You mean Ghashneez Chutney?

1 cup of fresh coriander, 2-3 hot green chillies, 2-4 cloves garlic, 2 lemmons, 2 table spoons wallnuts, 1 tablespoon chilghoza, 1 tablespoon vinnegar and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
Mix and grind all ingredients to a fine paste. It goes with almost anything.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles