Indian dinner menu

Blackwater

That's a misperception. Ofcourse we love meat and combine it with a large variety of veggies but some veggies are served without meat because that is the beauity of it. Dumm ke alu (Bombay alu), sarson ka saag, cholai ka saag, phalli, bhindi, teenda, kaerela, arvi are usually cooked without meat.

Btw, meat is a luxury for middle and upper class these days. The poor can only afford a chicken once in a while.
Wat about sushi ?? Is it popular? Any dedicated resturent in pak for sushi

Neo

Unfortunately yes. We in the sub continent should give importance to cheap animal protein so that poor can take in every day diet.

With chicken prices to sky rocketing, some other sources should be looked at which should be easy and cheap to rear.

Emu and Japanese Quail rearing should be looked at.

http://www.worldpoultry.net/PageFiles/30137/001_boerderij-download-WP6285D01.pdf
We are experimenting with ostrich farming in Sind and Punjab but small scale only since the birds sre very expensive and only a few vets in the country are specislised for vaccination. A baby chick costs 8.000-12.000 Pkr from South Africa.

Neo

Wat about sushi ?? Is it popular? Any dedicated resturent in pak for sushi
Sushi is popular with the elite, nouveau riche and remigrants only, mostly in the urban area's.
Oishi in Karachi, Kanpai Islamabad and Fujiyama in Lahore serve good and fresh sushi.
Fresh water fish is kept alive for consumption in large water tanks or ponds and you get to catch your own fish.
They have Japanese and Chinese chefs.

Neo

Its very expensive though. A simple lunch will cost you between 3-5k and a menu 10-15k rupees.

Neo

We eat all kind of meat; camel, buffalo, bull, cow, goat, lamb, dumba (don't know the english word for it), pahari bakra, chicken, duck, turkey, phasant, quail, fish and shrimps. So there's a huge potential to go for mass scale cheap farming. Problem in Pakistan is the poultry and meat mafia including Sharif family who keep the prices high by manipulating supplies. Prices are artificially kept high, otherwise we export meat and fish to EU, ME and East Asia in large quantities.

Blackwater

Sushi is popular with the elite, nouveau riche and remigrants only, mostly in the urban area's.
Oishi in Karachi, Kanpai Islamabad and Fujiyama in Lahore serve good and fresh sushi.
Fresh water fish is kept alive for consumption in large water tanks or ponds and you get to catch your own fish.
They have Japanese and Chinese chefs.
Have u tried golden wok on A9 after crossing schiphol there is out for petrol pump where u got la place and burger king too

Neo

Have u tried golden wok on A9 after crossing schiphol there is out for petrol pump where u got la place and burger king too
Yes, you can eat there as much as you like for a fix amount.
I prefer Okura hotel or two Japanese restaurants in Maasstraat near the Rai. Both are good.
Try their tempura or gyudon, its pretty good.
For sushi and sashimi there is a great place near Leidseplein.

Blackwater

I don't like it, not even on a hot sunny day.
I rather go for a vodka redbull or vodka cranberry instead.
hmmmmm bara daru ka shauk ha :p:p

you r one of those naughty pakistani:lol::lol:

Blackwater

I grew up here and all my desi friends drink openly.
I hate hypocrites.
can u drink freely in pak watan???

BTW which part of pak watan u belong too??

Last edited:

Neo

can u drink freely in pak watan???

BTW which part of pak watan u belong too??
Yes I can. Pearl Continental chain has a easy policy, you can order and drink alcohol showing a foreign passport.
Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Sofitel, Avari have same policy.

Murree has Pakustan's oldest brewery, a local brand. Its for local consumption as well as export.
Amstel malt is available all over the country. But one should not provoke and not drink in public places.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles