Indian defence industry exports watch

captscooby81

Country flag
By the way not how many are Aware L&T had sold of its Kattupalli Port to Adani Group not sure why L&T did this all of sudden are they also planning to exit from Shipbuilding projects sooner ???

binayak95

Country flag
By the way not how many are Aware L&T had sold of its Kattupalli Port to Adani Group not sure why L&T did this all of sudden are they also planning to exit from Shipbuilding projects sooner ???

I dont think this is the shipyard. This might be the commercial harbour. Can you dig up Kaptaan ?

Chinmoy

Country flag

Kattupalli port was taken over by Adani in 2015 itself. Its a commercial hub I think rather then being a building ship yard.

With the able support of Chennai Customs and the Exim trade in this region, we have been able to scale up container since our takeover of Kattupalli port effective 1st Nov’2015.
https://www.adaniports.com/kattupalli-port

Prashant12

Country flag
BDL bags $14.33-mn order for export of Light Weight Torpedoes

Defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) today said it has bagged an export order worth $14.33 million for export of Light Weight Torpedoes to a friendly country.

An official release said that with this, the company has achieved 65 per cent of export target set for the financial year 2018-19.

BDL has a dedicated unit at Visakhapatnam exclusively for manufacturing underwater weapons, where the export order will be executed.

"BDL is expanding its footprint globally by offering Akash Weapon System, Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Torpedoes and Counter Measure Dispensing System to friendly foreign countries," it said.

BDL became a listed company with its debut in the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in March 2018.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ght-weight-torpedoes/articleshow/65028483.cms

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) today said it has bagged an export order worth $14.33 million for export of Light Weight Torpedoes to a friendly country.

An official release said that with this, the company has achieved 65 per cent of export target set for the financial year 2018-19.

BDL has a dedicated unit at Visakhapatnam exclusively for manufacturing underwater weapons, where the export order will be executed.

"BDL is expanding its footprint globally by offering Akash Weapon System, Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Torpedoes and Counter Measure Dispensing System to friendly foreign countries," it said.

BDL became a listed company with its debut in the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in March 2018.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ght-weight-torpedoes/articleshow/65028483.cms
advantages of being a listed company, new orders has to be declared. incase of DPSU's we have to wait for their annual reports to get such data.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

It doesn't sound like much but with 2016 sales of $42 million, 2017 sales of $56 million... this will certainly bump up the 2018 total.

https://tradingeconomics.com/india/weapons-sales

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We need this type of support from govt.....View attachment 26589

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
I’d disagree in this particular aspect of engineering.

When these students haven’t even fired a gun, how will they even know the basics of rifle ergonomics and engineering. Unless someone has fired atleast 1000 rounds each from multiple calibers and multiple types of weapons, one can’t appreciate the subtle differences in the underlying engineering concepts.

I wonder if there is a gunsmith college here in India?

rone

Country flag

When these students haven’t even fired a gun, how will they even know the basics of rifle ergonomics and engineering. Unless someone has fired atleast 1000 rounds each from multiple calibers and multiple types of weapons, one can’t appreciate the subtle differences in the underlying engineering concepts.

actually to make a modern gun U DONT HAVE TO be a gunsmith or solider becoz even now anyone with 200 dollar can 3d print ar15 rifles or even u can make ur own ak so the person who can make a ar 15 just need to understand the metallurgy and all other accepts of assault rifle engineering if he is gud he can come up with new idea like fn fal new modern version ... or improved ar 15 rifle

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
actually to make a modern gun U DONT HAVE TO be a gunsmith or solider becoz even now anyone with 200 dollar can 3d print ar15 rifles or even u can make ur own ak so the person who can make a ar 15 just need to understand the metallurgy and all other accepts of assault rifle engineering if he is gud he can come up with new idea like fn fal new modern version ... or improved ar 15 rifle
Let’s assume these students do it.

What next?

How are they gonna procure the assault rifle ammo? Where are they even gonna fire their prototypes?

I am not saying this is a bad idea, I am saying there is no supporting environment to build this type expertise at college level.

rone

Country flag
Let’s assume these students do it.

What next?

How are they gonna procure the assault rifle ammo? Where are they even gonna fire their prototypes?

I am not saying this is a bad idea, I am saying there is no supporting environment to build this type expertise at college level.
I don't think so this must like joined project there will supervision from experienced heads of ofb , also they won't allow every design to be a prototype , only matured ones became protype , it just like using young minds as think tank I welcome this move the trails and all other accepts will be checked by ofb personals I think gov not that much dumb to give live ammunition yo student's hand

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't think so this must like joined project there will supervision from experienced heads of ofb , also they won't allow every design to be a prototype , only matured ones became protype , it just like using young minds as think tank I welcome this move the trails and all other accepts will be checked by ofb personals I think gov not that much dumb to give live ammunition yo student's hand
On a lighter note, it would be funny if one of the students ends of making a tamancha... this is land of bengal after all..

rone

Country flag
On a lighter note, it would be funny if one of the students ends of making a tamancha... this is land of bengal after all..
We can't neglect entire students talent pool like that becoz even netra Uav and so many other by systems developed by students, if students can design better design than ofb old heads then their yrs of experience can help these students to make something promising..

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Some one should copy either Fn fnc or Xcr rifle.
Both are good platforms.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag

I would agree to disagree. These sort of initiatives are much needed to bring forth ideas. Ideas may bear fruit or may not. But ideas need to be nourished for a advancement in field of science.

As far as provision for ammo and range is concerned, if his model holds promise, he is entitled to use any of the firing range of OFB and ammos would be provide by OFB themselves after paying a cost ofcourse.

Prashant12

Country flag
Goa Shipyard Limited likely to ink $102-million contract with Nigerian Navy

PANAJI: Goa Shipyard Limited has emerged as the lowest bidder for the $102 million contract to manufacture two landing ships for the NigeriaNavy. A delegation from the Nigerian Navy arrived at Goa Shipyard Limited on Thursday and held detailed discussions with GSL officials regarding the contract.
The delegation, led by chief of the naval staff of the NigerianNavy, vice-admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas met chairman and managing director Shekhar Mital to evaluate GSL’s ability to manufacture two landing ships and the meeting was termed successful by officials on both sides.

“Nigeria floated a global tender and we have emerged as the lowest bidder but that itself is not sufficient,” Mital said. “So we have improved the other parameters such as the build period has been reduced to two and a half years. We have also completed the design and now time frame wise also we have improved over other shipyards.”

During his day-long visit, Ibas inspected Goa Shipyard’s facility to evaluate GSL’s capability to manufacture the landing ships-tank.

GSL’s bid for the project is under active consideration for award of the order, said GSL officials.

Landing ship-tanks are naval warships specially designed to transport and deploy troops, tanks, and supplies onto foreign shores for the conduct of offensive military operations.

Sources said that Ibas inspected the public sector shipyard and was shown the ongoing warships being constructed at the yard for the Indian Coast Guard.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...t-with-nigerian-navy/articleshow/65061289.cms

Vinod DX9

Country flag
This comes after LEMOA with US...7th Fleet now will be a regular visitor of India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles