Indian defence industry exports watch

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Moved this discussion to another thread..

There is nothing wrong in you having self-confidence and positive outlook towards Indian MIC.

but the reality is that there is no Indian MIC, I had hoped in 2015 that by 2019-2020 we would be having a semblance of making of an Indian MIC. unfortunately there is no signs of one getting created as of now. There are preconditions for a Indian MIC to be formed.

First There has to be a good proper war where our Indigenous products are tested and proven in battlefield conditions. That's the best marketing you can do.

Second Indian corporate houses are idiots, they don't have ground breaking long term visions. Other than Bharat forge there are no major companies who are willing to put where their mouth is in terms of new military products.

Hopefully by 2025 my dream for an Indian MIC is realised. But as things stand today it is a long shot.
I don't think you understand how MIC works. Russian MIC or Chinese MIC is fully government owned. Similarly, there is no need for private companies in India either,

Private companies in India are only for improving efficiency and not part of development. Development will be done mostly by DRDO (followed by HAL, OFB, CVRDE etc) while the private players are only for manufacturing the items with technology transfer and assistance of DRDO.

Private companies will never be in the research an development segment, at least not till 2030. Be assured of this. They will however be the perfect parasites who will not take any risks but only manufacture what using DRDO technology.

Indian PSUs though defamed, are actually world class in production facilities. So, the MIC of India will exist with PSU as backbone for the foreseable future.

Unless you intended to exclude PSUs from MIC, it is not correct to say India won't have MIC by 2025.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't think you understand how MIC works. Russian MIC or Chinese MIC is fully government owned. Similarly, there is no need for private companies in India either,

Private companies in India are only for improving efficiency and not part of development. Development will be done mostly by DRDO (followed by HAL, OFB, CVRDE etc) while the private players are only for manufacturing the items with technology transfer and assistance of DRDO.

Private companies will never be in the research an development segment, at least not till 2030. Be assured of this. They will however be the perfect parasites who will not take any risks but only manufacture what using DRDO technology.

Indian PSUs though defamed, are actually world class in production facilities. So, the MIC of India will exist with PSU as backbone for the foreseable future.

Unless you intended to exclude PSUs from MIC, it is not correct to say India won't have MIC by 2025.
while there is no disagreement with your points.

Indian PSU primary purpose is not to make money, they exist to take care of the bottom line in terms of production. They don't have the necessary zeal to create new products and to market and sell those products. that's where private sector comes into play ideally.

My wishlist on Indian MIC is to have atleast three MIC conglomerates. One Public sector which already have, though they are not that integrated as you would want. Two private sector conglomerates so there is real competition and they try to outperform each other to create new products.

having said this as i said before, Indian MIC will never get created unless we participate in wars frequently. without wars there is no demand, without demand there is no sales, without sales there is no money for new product development. without wars there is no frequent product feedback to improve upon existing products.

we need proper war(not necessarily on our borders), not just lobbing mortars across the border.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
while there is no disagreement with your points.

Indian PSU primary purpose is not to make money, they exist to take care of the bottom line in terms of production. They don't have the necessary zeal to create new products and to market and sell those products. that's where private sector comes into play ideally.

My wishlist on Indian MIC is to have atleast three MIC conglomerates. One Public sector which already have, though they are not that integrated as you would want. Two private sector conglomerates so there is real competition and they try to outperform each other to create new products.

having said this as i said before, Indian MIC will never get created unless we participate in wars frequently. without wars there is no demand, without demand there is no sales, without sales there is no money for new product development. without wars there is no frequent product feedback to improve upon existing products.

we need proper war(not necessarily on our borders), not just lobbing mortars across the border.
Actually, you are not getting my point - India needs technology to manufacture defence items. The technology is everything, not scale. If you have technology to make 10 items per day, then that can be expanded to make 1000 items per day by setting up more plants. What is crucial is technology.

Private players are needed only for "cost" and cheap manufacturing, not or technology. So, a low rate of steady demand is all that is needed. Wars are not needed, even a steady military build up can do.

In war time, the automobile industry will be used for making guns and military goods, medical industry will be ramped up for injury related medicines, food industry will be altered to ready packaged food for battlefield use etc. This change will require diverting of resources from non critical fields and some training initially which can be achieved in 6 months or lower if some experience and technology already exists which is the case in india. One single engineer can train 100 other engineers of similar field in practical work in crash courses. for example, a mechanical engineer making cars can be trained quickly into making IFV as the two share a great deal of similarity and it will be easily learnable. Ramping up is rather easy. but the availability of technology is the key

So, when i say MIC, I don't intend to say entire economy geared for defence but availability of technology and local production in low and steady quantity of all the defence goods to maintain experience which can be ramped up as and when needed

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Actually, you are not getting my point - India needs technology to manufacture defence items. The technology is everything, not scale. If you have technology to make 10 items per day, then that can be expanded to make 1000 items per day by setting up more plants. What is crucial is technology.

Private players are needed only for "cost" and cheap manufacturing, not or technology. So, a low rate of steady demand is all that is needed. Wars are not needed, even a steady military build up can do.

In war time, the automobile industry will be used for making guns and military goods, medical industry will be ramped up for injury related medicines, food industry will be altered to ready packaged food for battlefield use etc. This change will require diverting of resources from non critical fields and some training initially which can be achieved in 6 months or lower if some experience and technology already exists which is the case in india. One single engineer can train 100 other engineers of similar field in practical work in crash courses. for example, a mechanical engineer making cars can be trained quickly into making IFV as the two share a great deal of similarity and it will be easily learnable. Ramping up is rather easy. but the availability of technology is the key

So, when i say MIC, I don't intend to say entire economy geared for defence but availability of technology and local production in low and steady quantity of all the defence goods to maintain experience which can be ramped up as and when needed
The critical thing you are missing is "lead time". Gearing of an entire economy towards wartime production is a mammoth undertaking, especially in today's era of highly sophisticated weapons. This is not as easy as it was back in WWII.

I don't agree with the need to have an economy geared for war.
I do agree with the need to have every technology developed in-house. And that includes the machines we use to mine our raw materials and the machines we use to make our weapons.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
The critical thing you are missing is "lead time". Gearing of an entire economy towards wartime production is a mammoth undertaking, especially in today's era of highly sophisticated weapons. This is not as easy as it was back in WWII.

I don't agree with the need to have an economy geared for war.
I do agree with the need to have every technology developed in-house. And that includes the machines we use to mine our raw materials and the machines we use to make our weapons.
We already have lot of technology to mine and other heavy machinery. India even has been exporting heavy machines lately. India will also need one most important thing- Coal Liquefaction Unit to substitute petroleum imports. This is a WW2 technology (Hitler used it as Germany oil supply was cut) and can be obtained. But it needs some small scale projects to be already operational in order to have sufficient expertise.

Again, the lead time is not higher now as most of the work today is done by computers, automatic machines and the softwares are embedded inside. Some sophistication does exist but as I said, one engineer can teach 100 engineers all the required information to assemble the products. Yes, there will be lead time but it will nevertheless be low enough to be manageable if there is technology and expertise available locally.

India can't afford to make the entire economy geared for war as India needs civilian goods for exports in order to import petroleum and other imports. Only during time of war, when there are clear signs, India must change gears.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Small companies like Tonbo Imaging already are. Matter a fact, they're producing certain systems no DRDO lab is producing, or even R&Ding. That small company even managed to robe in big companies like BEL in their international deals.

Even with the DRDO ATAGS, the two prototypes are slightly different between BF and TATA. Did it need to be? No, it was their choice.

I dont think it'll take that long, but sooner. It them raise their manufacturing, testing facilities first through forgien OEM partnerships.

Adioz

Small companies like Tonbo Imaging already are. Matter a fact, they're producing certain systems no DRDO lab is producing, or even R&Ding. That small company even managed to robe in big companies like BEL in their international deals.

Even with the DRDO ATAGS, the two prototypes are slightly different between BF and TATA.

I dont think it'll take that long, but sooner.
Not sure if the big conglomerates are as committed to core R&D as startups like Tonbo. Tonbo business strategy revolves around R&D. They are not risk-averse 'cause they are a start-up. The conglomerates OTOH, cannot stomach risks. They would still be largely dependent on R&D from DRDO come 2030.

We already have lot of technology to mine and other heavy machinery. India even has been exporting heavy machines lately. India will also need one most important thing- Coal Liquefaction Unit to substitute petroleum imports. This is a WW2 technology (Hitler used it as Germany oil supply was cut) and can be obtained. But it needs some small scale projects to be already operational in order to have sufficient expertise.

Again, the lead time is not higher now as most of the work today is done by computers, automatic machines and the softwares are embedded inside. Some sophistication does exist but as I said, one engineer can teach 100 engineers all the required information to assemble the products. Yes, there will be lead time but it will nevertheless be low enough to be manageable if there is technology and expertise available locally.

India can't afford to make the entire economy geared for war as India needs civilian goods for exports in order to import petroleum and other imports. Only during time of war, when there are clear signs, India must change gears.
Lead time would be five years minimum. And I am taking a lot of things, including the economics, for granted. Take the first Indian Titanium sponge plant, for example. It took 5 years to set-up. Thereafter, production of titanium sponge began. If we want to use this to, say, increase production rate of a fighter jet, we would have to wait 7 years after starting the work on the plant for the first planes made by the augmented capacity to roll-off the production line. Lead-time is key here.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Not sure if the big conglomerates are as committed to core R&D as startups like Tonbo. Tonbo business strategy revolves around R&D. They are not risk-averse 'cause they are a start-up. The conglomerates OTOH, cannot stomach risks. They would still be largely dependent on R&D from DRDO come 2030.

They do take risks, even when orders arent in place. Bharat Forge is basically the one that changed the artillery scene and put fire under OFB's ass when they bought out and transferred artillery work shops in Europe to India and when DRDO worked with them for ATAGS.

Bharat 52, 45 is a system that may never get orders. They made a ultra light howitzer which also may never get orders. They also have a Gaurda 105 system that also may never get orders.

L&T has one of the best shipyards, but getting patrol ship orders, etc.

TATA's LAMV was gutted apparently because of IA requirement change

But they acted quick and made a lighter platform on the same base. And who the fuck knows if they get orders for this.

Even if they're not doing crazy R&D, they are taking risks. They do certain moves with out any reassurance. While OFB gets an auto-inclusion into programs like FICV without competing.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

Even with the DRDO ATAGS, the two prototypes are slightly different between BF and TATA. Did it need to be? No, it was their choice.

I dont think it'll take that long, but sooner. It them raise their manufacturing, testing facilities first through forgien OEM partnerships.
Tonbo imaging does an excellent job. But I would not say that DRDO won't be able to replicate that with heavy government funding. Nevertheless, TONBO is an exception of the latest generation people. Older generation people ruled companies don't take much risk.

Lead time would be five years minimum. And I am taking a lot of things, including the economics, for granted. Take the first Indian Titanium sponge plant, for example. It took 5 years to set-up. Thereafter, production of titanium sponge began. If we want to use this to, say, increase production rate of a fighter jet, we would have to wait 7 years after starting the work on the plant for the first planes made by the augmented capacity to roll-off the production line. Lead-time is key here.
The lead time nowadays are decided by economical consideration and not pressing needs. It is sometimes cheaper to slow things down so that a smaller permanent workforce can be employed over a longer time. but when money loses its value and things become a matter of survival, the economics will hardly matter. Wages reduction, conscripton, volunteering etc will also be in force. The lead time is not considered by economical means but by absolute minimum time needs with maximum resource. India is a large country with large population. So, it won't be a problem to get more manpower. Also, permanent manpower or employment will not arise

Adioz

The lead time nowadays are decided by economical consideration and not pressing needs. It is sometimes cheaper to slow things down so that a smaller permanent workforce can be employed over a longer time. but when money loses its value and things become a matter of survival, the economics will hardly matter. Wages reduction, conscripton, volunteering etc will also be in force. The lead time is not considered by economical means but by absolute minimum time needs with maximum resource. India is a large country with large population. So, it won't be a problem to get more manpower. Also, permanent manpower or employment will not arise
Economics does slow down project execution. But not because of the reason you mentioned. Rather, it is the tendering process that slows stuff down. Other stuff that slows you down is land acquisition and environmental clearances. Other bureaucratic hurdles are also present.

Now for these to go away during war time, there needs to be an alternate procedure in place. Such a procedure should be laid out in exacting detail inside the "Union War Book". Now, I have not seen the Union War Book. But I can guarantee you that the "re-purposing of civilian infra for military use during a war" part of that book is grossly outdated. The last time I remember hearing about a revision of that book was during UPA-I tenure.

So economic and bureaucratic hurdles will be the bigger challenges than the technological ones IMHO. Because we are at least making an effort to get rid of the technological bottlenecks. But we are not making any effort in the Economic and Bureaucratic side of things.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Economics does slow down project execution. But not because of the reason you mentioned. Rather, it is the tendering process that slows stuff down. Other stuff that slows you down is land acquisition and environmental clearances. Other bureaucratic hurdles are also present.

Now for these to go away during war time, there needs to be an alternate procedure in place. Such a procedure should be laid out in exacting detail inside the "Union War Book". Now, I have not seen the Union War Book. But I can guarantee you that the "re-purposing of civilian infra for military use during a war" part of that book is grossly outdated. The last time I remember hearing about a revision of that book was during UPA-I tenure.

So economic and bureaucratic hurdles will be the bigger challenges than the technological ones IMHO. Because we are at least making an effort to get rid of the technological bottlenecks. But we are not making any effort in the Economic and Bureaucratic side of things.
War is all about making sacrifice. I don't think there needs to be a rule for sacrifice. The problem comes generally in this part itself. But under extreme times, that becomes non issue

AMCA

Country flag

Latest world
Goa Shipyard hands over patrol vessel to Sri Lanka
March 23, 2018 admin 0 Comments
“This state-of-the-art and largest ship in the Sri Lanka Naval fleet will help meet the increasing requirement of the Sri Lanka Navy for undertaking policing and patrolling of its vast Exclusive Economic Zone,” said Rear Admiral (Rtd) Shekhar Mital.

The state-run Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) has delivered an advanced offshore patrol vessel to the Sri Lankan Navy.
The defence ministry here said the vessel will be the largest and the most advanced ship in the Sri Lankan Navy fleet.
“This state-of-the-art and largest ship in the Sri Lanka Naval fleet will help meet the increasing requirement of the Sri Lanka Navy for undertaking policing and patrolling of its vast Exclusive Economic Zone,” said Rear Admiral (Rtd) Shekhar Mital, Chairman and Managing Director of GSL.

The ship was handed over yesterday at a ceremony at Vaddem in Vasco da Gama.

AMCA

Country flag
space for defence unit
By Dipanjan Roy Chaudhury, ET Bureau| Mar 29, 2018, 07:57 IST#2018-03-29T07:57:40+05:30

The two sides are keen to give further impetus to exchange and training of military personnel, officials here said. ( Photo: Uzbek Prez Shavkat Mirziyoev)
TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN: Central Asia's biggest military power Uzbekistan has offered India a unique proposal, giving its territory to set up a defence manufacturing unit which could allow Delhi to make strategic inroads in the resource-rich region. The proposal is still in its nascent stages even as India plans to export defence equipment to Uzbekistan, officials familiar with the issue indicated to ET.

If the Indian government decides to set up a defence manufacturing unit in Uzbekistan, it will be the first such venture abroad and will enable Delhi to gain a strategic foothold in Eurasiaamid massive Chinese inroads. India, currently expanding as well as exploring defence exports to friendly partners in South Asia, SE Asia, West Asia and the Indian Ocean Region, has enhanced defence partnership with Tashkent in areas of exchange, training and military medicine. The two sides are keen to give further impetus to exchange and training of military personnel, officials here said.

The extensive use of Russian origin equipment by both India and Uzbekistan is contributing to the growing bilateral defence relations. MoS External Affairs MJ Akbar, currently on a four-day trip to Tashkent, met Uzbek DefenceMinister and discussed the possibility of expanding defence partnership. The proposed visit by Uzbek President to India later this year will lead to the creation of strategic partnership

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Draft defence production policy aims to put India in top five defence producers

Key Points in Draft Defence Production Policy 2018

India to be one of the world’s top five defence producers

Self reliance in 13 areas by 2025, including fighters, tanks, warships, guns

India a global leader in cyberspace and AI (artificial intelligence)

Building a 80-100 seater civilian aircraft within seven years

Turnover of Rs 1,70,000 crore in defence by 2025, investing Rs 70,000 Crores to create employment for two to three million people

Export target of Rs 35,000 crore ($5 billion) by 2025

Permit 74 per cent FDI under automatic route for “niche technologies”

Rs 6,000 crore for developing two defence production corridors

Transition automotive component manufacturers to aerospace

Conducting “hackathons” to resolve problems, Rs 1,000 crore for 2018-2022

Set up Defence Innovation Hubs to encourage start-ups

Bring MSMEs into defence manufacture.

Complete article here.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Thales, MKU to co-develop weapons for Indian Army

Thales, a €15.8-billion French company, and Kanpur-based defence equipment manufacturer MKU Ltd will together develop and produce optronic devices and F90 close quarter battle (CQB) rifles.

Both products, to be manufactured at MKU’s facilities in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, will be offered to the Indian Army and homeland security forces under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.

Emmanuel De Roquefeuil, Vice-President and Country Director, India, told newspersons that the products co-developed by the alliance will enhance night fighting capabilities of the Indian Army and homeland security forces.

The alliance envisages manufacturing of optronics equipment, including weapon sights, night vision goggles, hand-held thermal imagers and thermal infrared sensor engine for soldier systems, and other image intensification and thermal imaging systems for soldiers and platforms.

New plant

For weapons, MKU will set up an assembly and manufacturing plant for the carbine version of F90 assault rifle, combat-proven and already in service with the Australian Defence Forces. Light, balanced and accurate, the F90CQB developed with MKU will be well suited to Indian conditions and requirements, says a joint press release. Roquefeuil was non-committal on time frame of the new plant.

Thales designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets, while MKU has manufacturing and test facilities for Electro-Optics in India.

Revenue growth

The Indian company, which is supplying night vision devices to Special Forces, CAPFs and State Police Forces, is executing a Defence Ministry contract for 158,279 ballistic helmets for the Army and Navy, the release said.

Roquefeuil said the company’s revenue in India was around €300 million in 2017, and growing above the industry average in different sectors.

Manufacturing hub

The company has been in India since 1953, and employs around 600 providing technologies and expertise in the Defence, Transport and Aerospace markets.

“Our aim is to help the Indian industry to transform India into a global design and manufacturing hub. India is one of the three top priority countries for Thales. We are developing local partnerships and co-developing products to address Indian market and export from India,” he said.

Other ventures

In India, Thales has a joint venture with BEL for civilian and select ground-based military radars.

It has been providing Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd avionics equipment for platforms that the Indian company is designing and has partnered with Samtel for military avionics and airborne sensor systems.

The French company has also been working with L&T Technology Services and Reliance Defence Ltd, he said.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Goa Shipyard in MoUs with Naval Grp, Rolls-Royce

Goa Shipyard (GSL), functioning under the administrative control of the ministry of defence, has inked two MoUs with Germany-based MTU, part of Rolls-Royce, and French company Naval Group. GSL will manufacture MTU’s new-generation 8000 engines, which are fitted onboard offshore patrol vessels (OPV) at a Rs 1-billion greenfield facility at Goa for both domestic and export markets. The MoUs were signed at the ongoing DefExpo 2018.

GSL will be the first company anywhere in the world, outside MTU’s home, to produce these engines, said Praveen Mohan, director and CEO, MTU India. These engines will be supplied to OPVs, which are under construction at Reliance Defence, L&T and GSL Shipyard. The partners are planning to localise the engine to the tune of 20% initially and this will be increased to 45-50% in the coming seven years.

GSL also signed an agreement with Naval Group to design and produce shore-based submarine simulators for the Scorpene submarine project, and all future submarine simulator requirements of the Indian Navy.

The UK-based Griffon Hoverwork and Goa Shipyard have collaborated to design, develop and produce hovercrafts in India to cater to the defence and various states needs. Both the partners have bid for light and heavy hovercrafts tenders called by the government.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Goa Shipyard in MoUs with Naval Grp, Rolls-Royce

Goa Shipyard (GSL), functioning under the administrative control of the ministry of defence, has inked two MoUs with Germany-based MTU, part of Rolls-Royce, and French company Naval Group. GSL will manufacture MTU’s new-generation 8000 engines, which are fitted onboard offshore patrol vessels (OPV) at a Rs 1-billion greenfield facility at Goa for both domestic and export markets. The MoUs were signed at the ongoing DefExpo 2018.

GSL will be the first company anywhere in the world, outside MTU’s home, to produce these engines, said Praveen Mohan, director and CEO, MTU India. These engines will be supplied to OPVs, which are under construction at Reliance Defence, L&T and GSL Shipyard. The partners are planning to localise the engine to the tune of 20% initially and this will be increased to 45-50% in the coming seven years.

GSL also signed an agreement with Naval Group to design and produce shore-based submarine simulators for the Scorpene submarine project, and all future submarine simulator requirements of the Indian Navy.

The UK-based Griffon Hoverwork and Goa Shipyard have collaborated to design, develop and produce hovercrafts in India to cater to the defence and various states needs. Both the partners have bid for light and heavy hovercrafts tenders called by the government.
Unless it is manufactured in India, the engine is still an import. Assembly is not good enough. Can't DRDO reverse engineer a Diesel engine and get India its o2n indigenous engine?

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Indian companies to make foreign assault rifles, sniper guns under JV for export

In a few years, assault and sniper rifles used by military and elite special forces in the US and the UK and a few other western countries will have a ‘Made in India’ tag. Some of the best assault rifles and small arms used will be manufactured at plants, including in Chennai, as private component makers have signed agreements with foreign arms manufacturers.

More than five Indian companies had displayed their plans and the JVs at the DefExpo 2018 at Thiruvidanthai. And amidst the giant arms manufacturers who peddled supersonic missiles to smart fighter planes to electronic warfare software, these gunmakers who had set up smaller stalls caught the most attention.

The rifles and ammunition, far advanced than weapons used by the Indian Army, will be made at plants that will be set up under transfer of technology for export to the clients of the foreign partner. And officials say it would take a long time for these weapons to be inducted into the Indian Army because procurement procedures are cumbersome.

The small arms, assault rifles and sniper rifles manufactured by Desert Tech of USA, Lewis Machine & Tool Company and Steyr Mannlicher of Austria will be made here by their Indian partners.Anand Jayaswal, managing director, Neco Desert Tech Defence, a joint venture company floated by Indian company Neco and Desert Tech, said: “We have formed the JV company to make the rifles under transfer of technology. The government of India has given the licence one-and-a-half months ago. The company will start production of assault rifles in the next few months.”

The rifles are used by special forces of Czech Republic, UAE, Lithuania, Thailand and a few other countries.

Satish Machani, managing director, Stumpp Schule & Somappa, said the joint venture was in place with Lewis Machine & Tool Company (LMT) of USA for making rifles and CBC of Brazil for making ammunition. “We have applied for a licence. Once that comes through, the company is ready to start production by this year itself. CBC is world’s second largest ammunition maker and is planning to shift its entire line to India. The ammunition will be exported,” he said.

Machani said the guns were being used in the US, the UK and New Zealand and as per the current plan it would be manufactured in Bengaluru while ammunition would be made in Chennai. A representative of the foreign partner said the rifles that would be made here would be exported to countries in the Middle East and South East Asia.

Tanmay

Country flag
Unless it is manufactured in India, the engine is still an import. Assembly is not good enough. Can't DRDO reverse engineer a Diesel engine and get India its o2n indigenous engine?
Perhaps no large demand or lack of manufacturing facilities for want of enough orders and even tech. We do assemble GE LM series and also import warstilla gensets. Seems like local Kirloskar aren't upto mark for bigger warships but are used in smaller patrol boats.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Perhaps no large demand or lack of manufacturing facilities for want of enough orders and even tech. We do assemble GE LM series and also import warstilla gensets. Seems like local Kirloskar aren't upto mark for bigger warships but are used in smaller patrol boats.
Kirloskar diesel engines are smaller engines. India currently makes Steam Turbine engine in BHEL, Gas Turbine engine of 12MW from Kaveri and small diesel engines of 500KW-3MW from Kirloskar. The higher rated engines of 5MW-10MW does not exist in India.

Lack of orders is not correct as these engines are not supposed to be made in large numbers. Lack of technology is more or less the reason

Global Defence

New threads

Articles