Indian Culture

anand_6869

well on my recent visit to the states I was surprised to see the spiraling rise of atheism as a way of life people would rather believe that they have no purpose in life and are just biological robots, however in India I have barely encountered such people such high levels of denouncing all forms of religion leads to immorality and and a very capitalist materialistic society fueled by greed, the more we ape the west the more imbibed we will become with western beliefs,We have a beautiful religion with consciousness as the main point and diverse cultural values Our culture centrals around Hindu thought and ideals which are mostly are based mostly on consciousness as the prime goal the more I study quantum mechanics the more relevant Hindu teachings seem to me.Even the Christians and open minded Muslims too are so open to varied perspectives on religion unlike their western and middle eastern counterparts and even the Hindus,Buddhists and sikhs reciprocate with each other on their beliefs. I can only see our values degrade and finally disappear with time if we continue to ape the west hopefully this does not happen.

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can anyone define the indian culture?Or is it just imaginary like pakistani culture.Infact india is so diverse that there is no such homogeneous culture.The word india culture sounds as phony as pakistani culture.

S.A.T.A

A culture forms the subtext to a civilization.Its a language, with a unique and complex set of form, method and structure,through which a civilization expresses itself.Indian culture is the language through which Indian civilization has expressed itself over 5000 years of attested history.What people wear or eat may or may not be unique to A culture,those are what you could all 'vocabulary' of that language,they may have been endemic to that language or may have bee borrowed,either way its significantly less important,they merely vocalize the ' expressed thought '.Like Grammar is to language so is the 'Thought' to a culture,it is unique and its this grammar that helps us decipher that language.Indigenous thought is the grammar of our culture,allowing outside influences will render that grammar unstable and unusable to deciphering the culture and effectively making your culture alien to you.

Don't worry about the vocabulary,concern yourself with preserving the grammar.

anand_6869

Can anyone define the indian culture?Or is it just imaginary like pakistani culture.Infact india is so diverse that there is no such homogeneous culture.The word india culture sounds as phony as pakistani culture.
Your immature comments speak volumes of your ignorance, Hinduism cannot be defined in mere words making a definition of Hinduism will be nothing but an insult to the volumes of knowledge this vedic religion conveys, to give you a brief idea on what Hindu literature consists of :
The Vedas-Atharva, rig yajur and sama veda, the aranyakas , the bhramanas, the sutras and shastras, then comes the Upanishads 108 in number then the Puranas 18 in number just one canto of the bhagavata purana just one of the 18 puranas out of 12 books in total is around twice the size of the bible then comes the huge epics the Mahabharata and ramayana the mahabharata itself consists of more that 120,000 verses the ramayana close to 85000 verses and even allied literature of more than 100 cantos, why so vast you ask?? well the understanding of the laws of the universe creation and life is not simple do you think you can understand complex genetics with just one book?? no volumes of books and research publications are required,... please go through Vidhyardhi Nandoori an accomplished astrophysicist's works on cosmology and the Vedas even a European scientist like Willard G Bogart would be enough to understand the significance of Hinduism and to science, even a whole life time spent of understanding and reading hindu scriptures cannot cover all the scriptures and u ridicule hinduism??
I would like to recommend a site " http://www.hinduwisdom.info/ " for your reference the volumes of information about hinduism is merely an introduction i would appreciate further comments on Hinduism from you after referring this site i would also like to recommend a book by two Russian scientists and indologists "Key the vedas by M. I. & N. S. Mikhailov" which reveals behind a supercode a computer operational system with a large digital database a nice scientific outlook to what the westerners refer to as a "backward culture" even Chinese scientists have been reported to be studying the vimana shastras and have obtained basic blueprints in creating an anti gravity closed environment any comments by you regarding Hinduism would be appreciated after you go through the links I have provided and refer the books i suggested.

I would like to end my comment with a quote by an Indian columnist Tavleen singh:

"You cannot be proud of a heritage you know nothing about, and in the name of secularism, we have spent 50 years in total denial of the Hindu roots of this civilisation. We have done nothing to change a colonial system of mass education founded on the principle that Indian civilisation had nothing to offer."

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles