Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
OFF TOPIC........uninterested pepl just ignore the post.

Reading the first half of your post I thought you might be gay - my bad in assuming everyone on the forum is a fan'boy' :)
Female defence jingos rock!!! :)
I'll be sure to address both fanboys & fangirls from now on :)
:biggrin2: thank u buddy. i got the defence jingoness from my elder bro who is the original defence dork. he used to have loads of military videos on his pc. i grew up watching it and once i grew up, i took up the mantle of military nut(don't have his knowledge though) from him. hoping to pass it down to my nephew and niece:india:

@lavina has not been posting for some time.

edit: was that the name? doesn't appear in username suggestions.
guys, there was a lady whose presence here actually emboldened me to join here. i can't remember her username. but her post i read was abt defence minister sitaraman...........as being someone whom modi can directly control and hence she was chosen to b DM! does any one know who she is? i remember it as a woman...i cud b wrong. nvr saw any other post from her sadly:frown:

Damn! Just one intellectual of the opposite sex on DFI? Where have all the girls gone? Probably more interested in Bollywood!! Jeeez! :frown:
probably on india forums....the tv and movie forum. almost all of my girl pals r there and xtremely active. even when i post defence stuff on fb, they show no interest at all. some yrs back i browsed on that forum for some 2 mnths and then lost interest. mega fights happen btw members regarding fan ships:doh:(on screen couples) which turned me off quickly and i left that forum.

Well, let's hope the presence of a lady will help temper down the vitriolic dudes on the forum :)

Before you blurt Look-who's-talking, let me remind you that I never initiate the vitriol but only respond in kind :)
i don't think female presence has brought any change buddy. during my short time here there has been 2 mega verbal wars that i faced. there has been some name calling involved directed at me. again, judging by all of ur swearing capabilities it was nothing:biggrin2: but the thing is i do not know much swearing:facepalm: and i cudn't hit back much. the reason why i felt terrible was i was discussing with another member both times and the other person randomly butted in(hence the off topic disclaimer at this post as well) and started the abuse! may b he hated the female presence in DFI and that triggered him. or may b he gets some high from abusing other pepl!!! and 99% of members here have been courteous to me and the mods have been completely helpful.
i hate fights by nature and post depression and other probs, it affects me quite severely. i have been very open and honest here abt the issues i have and have usually conceded and apologized when i am in the wrong and behaved with utmost politeness. i had openly replied to him that i suffer from depression and asked him to stop yet he was continuing the vitriol at me!!! i had to block the person for it to end and to protect my sanity. we can always agree to disagree but no such maturity from him. Indians generally don't know how frightening depression can be unless we go thru it.
now i have learnt my lesson and have decided to keep quiet and try not to respond emotionally or does not respond at all.

12arya

Country flag
In J&K COIN ops multiple units work in the same area during an Encounter, these markers identify each unit working there.
OK. but what im wondering is:
the white colour in particular is standing out starkly against the green background.....wudn't it make it easy for the enemies/snipers if any, to target them? even in the pic, those 3 soldiers r standing out! won't that endanger them or not?

by the way im no expert and plz take my questions at a layman's level of understanding, curiosity and point of view abt the military.

Flame Thrower

In J&K COIN ops multiple units work in the same area during an Encounter, these markers identify each unit working there.
Layman's question

Why do we need to separate the soldiers based on teams!?

I mean though there are different units in one CASO, the CASO will be under the command of one officer right!? I thought all team heads will have a short briefing with their team members on what the op is, their role and their CO.

Am I missing something in the big picture!?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
OFF TOPIC........uninterested pepl just ignore the post.

:biggrin2: thank u buddy. i got the defence jingoness from my elder bro who is the original defence dork. he used to have loads of military videos on his pc. i grew up watching it and once i grew up, i took up the mantle of military nut(don't have his knowledge though) from him. hoping to pass it down to my nephew and niece:india:
Oh my god you must be / will be awesome aunt. They won't feel bored being around you.
I got defence jingoism from my grandpa. Some times he visits this forum on my ID. :biggrin2:
He is good at trashing lefties at debates and doesn't miss Republic day parade every year.
Badass grandpa....:troll:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Layman's question

Why do we need to separate the soldiers based on teams!?

I mean though there are different units in one CASO, the CASO will be under the command of one officer right!? I thought all team heads will have a short briefing with their team members on what the op is, their role and their CO.

Am I missing something in the big picture!?
that is one option...
even within a CASO, there are multiple teams required for outer perimeter, inner perimeter, quadrants and kill team.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
OK. but what im wondering is:
the white colour in particular is standing out starkly against the green background.....wudn't it make it easy for the enemies/snipers if any, to target them? even in the pic, those 3 soldiers r standing out! won't that endanger them or not?

by the way im no expert and plz take my questions at a layman's level of understanding, curiosity and point of view abt the military.
probably IA thinks in our COIN scenario where ops happen in a compact urban environment, friendly fire is a greater risk than tango fire.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
What the heck happened to her? She was a good poster. I liked the way she used to fry the Porks!! :cowboy:
Apparently she is a 'Gulf Operative' controlling IDF. I got banned trolling her last to last account AFAIK. All IDF refugees were coming here after website got crashed. It was glorious.

12arya

Country flag
Oh my god you must be / will be awesome aunt. They won't feel bored being around you.
I got defence jingoism from my grandpa. Some times he visits this forum on my ID. :biggrin2:
He is good at trashing lefties at debates and doesn't miss Republic day parade every year.
Badass grandpa....:troll:
OFF TOPIC

hahaha thank u.

u got a seriously cool grandpa u know. my mom browses fb on my dad's(erstwhile commie now bjp) account and hit likes on every RSS content out there:bounce: she once used to b congie now hardcore NAMO bhakt!

doesn't miss Republic day parade every year.
oh god, me too.........nvr missed a RDay parade in my entire existence:) my mom luv the bike stunts and live to see just that from the parade.

ON TOPIC

probably IA thinks in our COIN scenario where ops happen in a compact urban environment, friendly fire is a greater risk than tango fire.
oh ok. thank u @ezsasa
that clears my doubt. i thought it wud hurt them hence asked.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
OFF TOPIC

hahaha thank u.

u got a seriously cool grandpa u know..
He missed to serve his country as an Airforce officer because of his mother. He regrets even today. He says " I shouldn't have listened to my mom".

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
He missed to serve his country as an Airforce officer because of his mother. He regrets even today. He says " I shouldn't have listened to my mom".
Reminds me of the time my mom too forced me to change from an Air Force cadet to an Army cadet through the Commandant National Defence Academy saying I was the only son and the risk was too great blah blah blah! (Had lost my sqn leader uncle a day before that during formation flying on Gnats)!!!

But no regrets. Life in the Army was great! :biggrin2:

Pandeyji

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2

bro, why r the soldiers wearing that white tape thing on their headgear? wudn't that stand out and work against them?

Many a times the tangoes are wearing stolen/blackmarket uniforms. Such markings prevent friendly fire in such cases. You may have noticed that many times a red or blue cross is clearly visible on headgear. I guess they determined that the cross is very small to be properly visible so a 360° headband.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Reminds me of the time my mom too forced me to change from an Air Force cadet to an Army cadet through the Commandant National Defence Academy saying I was the only son and the risk was too great blah blah blah! (Had lost my sqn leader uncle a day before that during formation flying on Gnats)!!!

But no regrets. Life in the Army was great! :biggrin2:
#OFF TOPIC
Grandpa and his elder brother attended Airforce Recruitment rally. It was 1963. Grandpa made through every stage , was selected and kept in room. They had bus to Hyderabad next evening. But Grandpa's brother didn't make it. He went home and told his mother. His father was martyred in 1947 war. Grandpa was just 4years old then. His mother went running to recruitment ground and begged senior officer to let grandpa go. He refused and sent her away. Next morning she came once again just before his bus arrived. Officer got fed up and asked grandpa to leave. His dream to become a pilot crash landed there itself.
During IFR-2016 fleet in vizag , I took grandpa to my friend's house ( who lives at beach road). His excitement after witnessing huge number of combat ships , fighter jets was priceless. Foreign naval groups were marching and saluting AP CM , President. He stood up in balcony , saluting those guys marching down there. He once said " I grew up watching spitfire flying over us and pulling combat manoeuvres. Always wanted to fly one but couldn't " ...tears rolled down his cheeks.

Enquirer

Many a times the tangoes are wearing stolen/blackmarket uniforms. Such markings prevent friendly fire in such cases. You may have noticed that many times a red or blue cross is clearly visible on headgear. I guess they determined that the cross is very small to be properly visible so a 360° headband.
Yes. That has been my impression too - to help easy identification of the terrorists by the frontline soldiers!

The marking keep changing for every operation ( Plus sign, circle, cross, long box etc) - perhaps to prevent the jihadis from imitating those markings on their disguises.

Enquirer

i don't think female presence has brought any change buddy. during my short time here there has been 2 mega verbal wars that i faced. there has been some name calling involved directed at me. again, judging by all of ur swearing capabilities it was nothing:biggrin2: but the thing is i do not know much swearing:facepalm: and i cudn't hit back much. the reason why i felt terrible was i was discussing with another member both times and the other person randomly butted in(hence the off topic disclaimer at this post as well) and started the abuse! may b he hated the female presence in DFI and that triggered him. or may b he gets some high from abusing other pepl!!! and 99% of members here have been courteous to me and the mods have been completely helpful.
i hate fights by nature and post depression and other probs, it affects me quite severely. i have been very open and honest here abt the issues i have and have usually conceded and apologized when i am in the wrong and behaved with utmost politeness. i had openly replied to him that i suffer from depression and asked him to stop yet he was continuing the vitriol at me!!! i had to block the person for it to end and to protect my sanity. we can always agree to disagree but no such maturity from him. Indians generally don't know how frightening depression can be unless we go thru it.
now i have learnt my lesson and have decided to keep quiet and try not to respond emotionally or does not respond at all.
You're probably right! In virtual world, regular civilities are thrown into trash - twitter is a good example!
I've noticed that uncivil trolls only get emboldened when you disengage from the conversation as a response to their abusive rant. Despite my earnest dislike, I hit back to show the trolls their place.
My contribution to the ugliness perceived by an uninvolved spectator is always regretted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles