Indian Coast Guard intercept a suspicious Pakistani fishing boat

Voldemort

Country flag
Its a pity they blew up. After Kasab was caught and he spilled the beans, the message to the 72 virgin seekers was clear "You must not be caught alive". Crucial evidence has been lost along with the boat. Lets hope Navy divers will be able to find something that will nail Pakistan's role.

Country flag
Where are the changes after the horrific massacre? Same old state supported terrorism policy
Nothing has changed.

Voldemort

Country flag
Where are the changes after the horrific massacre? Same old state supported terrorism policy
Nothing has changed.
These are good terrorists. They are not a threat to Pakistan. They are assets. Pakistan will never mend its ways.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How come a CG ship was not able to intercept a fishing vessel for an hour?
Media reports say the boat used evasive measures for about an hour. From what YouTube videos I have seen, any CG ship does not park itself beside a suspect boat. They wait for the suspect boat to stop and then send a small rubber fast boat with CG commando to board the suspect boat, while maintaining a safe distance from the suspect boat. I am not sure if the same SOP is used by CG.

thethinker

Country flag
LeT involvement as per news reports...

Terror strike foiled: Karachi boat blows up near Gujarat after Coast Guard chase
A suspected terror bid was foiled by the Coast Guard on New Year's Eve when officials intercepted a suspicious boat near the Porbandar coast off Guajrat, say reports.

The boat was reportedly carrying four suspected terrorists and had begun its journey from Karachi in Pakistan, according to Times Now.

The channel reported that the persons on the boat were suspected to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists.

The National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) was reportedly tracking the boat right after it left Karachi. NTRO later on notified the Coast Guard about the boat, after which it was tracked down using a Dornier aircraft.

An intelligence-based midnight operation was conducted by the Coast Guard ships and aircraft to intercept the suspect fishing boat, approximately 365 km off Porbander in Gujarat, on the intervening night of December 31 and January 1 after a hot pursuit.

Free Karma

Kudos to the Intelligence, Coast guard navy and all involved!

So much for #IndiaWithPakistan, lol!

Voldemort

Country flag
Media reports say the boat used evasive measures for about an hour. From what YouTube videos I have seen, any CG ship does not park itself beside a suspect boat. They wait for the suspect boat to stop and then send a small rubber fast boat with CG commando to board the suspect boat, while maintaining a safe distance from the suspect boat. I am not sure if the same SOP is used by CG.
The boat did evade then for over an hour. Is it possible for a fishing boat which has low speed to keep a CG ship at bay for so long?

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
These are good terrorists. They are not a threat to Pakistan. They are assets. Pakistan will never mend its ways.
How can you say that after some Indians trended #IndiaWithaPak and our channels broadcast the images for a few days and had Indian students line up to show solidarity? :shocked:

Wait, wait, Mani Shankar Iyer will fix your views with his uninterrupted and uninterruptable dialogues. :p

Anyway 15 days since Peshawar, seems about the right time for the terrorist state to do what it does best. :thumb:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Their confidence in such tactics and covert ops is still there. They are sending a message that, we will come again and again do what ever you can do. It is good that Indian intelligence foiled it, but doubt comes that when is the next they will return? The question is how exactly to kill their confidence. Even after 26/11, insurgencies inside their own country, they are telling that we still keep capability to inflict damage to you.

Indian intelligence must work on Killing their confidence, that is more important. Till they are confident of themselves, they will not stop.

ladder

Country flag
Any failed terrorist attack too should have the same retaliatory consequences attached to it that is similar to a successful attack.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Their confidence in such tactics and covert ops is still there. They are sending a message that, we will come again and again do what ever you can do. It is good that Indian intelligence foiled it, but doubt comes that when is the next they will return? The question is how exactly to kill their confidence. Even after 26/11, insurgencies inside their own country, they are telling that we still keep capability to inflict damage to you.

Indian intelligence must work on Killing their confidence, that is more important. Till they are confident of themselves, they will not stop.
If I recall correctly, our current NSA said something to the effect that response to another 26/11 would be felt in Balochistan. Lets see.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The boat did evade then for over an hour. Is it possible for a fishing boat which has low speed to keep a CG ship at bay for so long?
I don't think it is about the speed. I would like to believe that standard SOP would have been there to maintain safe distance to ensure no damage to CG Vessel or its crew. My line of thinking is that CG vessel should not be too close in harms way until the suspect vessel has shown signs of surrender.

Some of the YouTube videos of Australian navy shows that they maintain atleast 100 mts distance between suspect vessel and Coast guard vessel.

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
^ Plus the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas event coming up in few days in Gujarat.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If I recall correctly, our current NSA said something to the effect that response to another 26/11 would be felt in Balochistan. Lets see.
Still they are adamant. It is time to act. The information warfare of ISPR is very strong and maintains public support. The day Pakistani people realize that their army is corrupt, such attacks will minimize on Indian soil.

Reactions: jus

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles