Indian boy solves 350-year-old Math problem set by Newton

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

London: A 16-year-old Indian origin schoolboy in Germany has managed to crack puzzles that baffled the world of maths for more than 350 years, it was reported in London Saturday.

Shouryya Ray, from Dresden, has been hailed a genius after working out the problems set by Sir Isaac Newton.

Ray solved two fundamental particle dynamics theories which physicists have previously been able to calculate only by using powerful computers, Daily Mail reported.

His solutions mean that scientists can now calculate the flight path of a thrown ball and then predict how it will hit and bounce off a wall.

Ray only came across the problems during a school trip to Dresden University where professors claimed they were uncrackable, the newspaper said.

"I just asked myself, 'Why not?'," explained Ray.

"I didn't believe there couldn't be a solution," he added.

Ray began solving complicated equations as a six-year-old but says he's no genius.

After arriving from Kolkata four years ago without any knowledge of the German language, Shouryya is now fluent in the language.

His intelligence was quickly noted in class and he was pushed up two years in school- he is currently sitting his exams early, the Mail said.

Indian boy solves 350-year-old Math problem set by Newton

p2prada

His solutions mean that scientists can now calculate the flight path of a thrown ball and then predict how it will hit and bounce off a wall.
Holy Hell. You can actually find this of use in military applications if you can predict that far.

satish007

well done India always have masters they just cannot be same mad as china

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Awesome. Great contribution from a teenager. Well done dude, very well done !!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
hes is a citizen of another country, so no need to be proud :tsk:
German citizenship is very awkward..

Though he is Indian..

After arriving from Kolkata four years ago without any knowledge of the German language, Shouryya is now fluent in the language.

Koovie

so what man !!! but he is an indian ,
even many Non resident indian have done us proud indirectly .

Thats was not at all appreciated
He turned his back to our country, pays taxes to another country and has another citizenship. Everthing he does benefits his new country but not India. So no fukcing reason to be proud.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
He turned his back to our country, pays taxes to another country and has another citizenship. Everthing he does benefits his new country but not India. So no fukcing reason to be proud.
That is why people should read articles before conclusion...

' Foreign studies ' .. faceplam

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
He is just 16yrs old.

You don't need to decode his nationality to appreciate his talent.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It take 8 years to be citizen of Germany he is on foreign studies in Germany for four years only..

Oracle

I don't understand why posters are crying about his identity. Whatever he is, Indian or German, sure deserves praise and accolades.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Good news well done intelligent boy

@OFF Topic
I actually hate maths and never good at maths lol :p

indians are excellent in mathematics.

i remember we were the ones who invented ZERO :D
And you will be surprised if you know what all we invented without which you cant think of current world or any scientist, We invented decimal place, Trigonometry, square, cube, square root, Negative numbers and many more search in net and you will be :eek:mg:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Wow, so much hate on a teenager.

Congrats to the guy, well done.

balai_c

Good news well done intelligent boy

@OFF Topic
I actually hate maths and never good at maths lol :p

And you will be surprised if you know what all we invented without which you cant think of current world or any scientist, We invented decimal place, Trigonometry, square, cube, square root, Negative numbers and many more search in net and you will be :eek:mg:
The first recorded sine table on the planet was done by aryabhatta.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles