Indian boots on ground in Afghanistan

nirranj

Country flag
DMK did not give it up till 1963. Also some declassified reports had some tamil politicians holding parleys with US for help for same (in 1971 IIRC). your passionate but idiotic support for ltte seems you are supporter of those thugs/terrorists which led to pushing back of genuine tamil people's plight to background. And it flies in the face of your claim that there was no support for ltte or eelam nation in tamil nadu.
I have never sympathized LTTE in my reply. Read through the carefully. My second reply to thread was to clarify on how LTTE lost the war.

My reply to your reply, has only the agony for the human loss and the loss of a chance to create Eelam.

I will stand by my claim, "Eelam would have been a great, if not only ally for India in this troubled neighborhood". Eelam, irrespective what the fate of LTTE may be.

I mentioned after 1962 war with China the separation idea was given up.

Reg the parleys with US, there will always be fringe elements that will ask for separate nation irrespective of what the majority (90%) says about a united India. Even today people are there who ask for separation from India and they hold no sway on the public opinion.

And I never mentioned that Tamils of Tamil Nadu did not support Eelam. We also supported LTTE until they assassinated Rajiv. After that We pursued two prong approach, implementation of peace process and finding political solution through the 13th amendment of SL constitution and leading to an referendum for permanent solution.

It was India's support for SL that led to the tragic loss of civilian life. India should have intervened and brought both the parties to negotiation table and tried to find a solution. This is where karunanidhi back stabbed Tamils.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I have never sympathized LTTE in my reply. Read through the carefully. My second reply to thread was to clarify on how LTTE lost the war.

My reply to your reply, has only the agony for the human loss and the loss of a chance to create Eelam.

I will stand by my claim, "Eelam would have been a great, if not only ally for India in this troubled neighborhood". Eelam, irrespective what the fate of LTTE may be.

I mentioned after 1962 war with China the separation idea was given up.

Reg the parleys with US, there will always be fringe elements that will ask for separate nation irrespective of what the majority (90%) says about a united India. Even today people are there who ask for separation from India and they hold no sway on the public opinion.

And I never mentioned that Tamils of Tamil Nadu did not support Eelam. We also supported LTTE until they assassinated Rajiv. After that We pursued two prong approach, implementation of peace process and finding political solution through the 13th amendment of SL constitution and leading to an referendum for permanent solution.

It was India's support for SL that led to the tragic loss of civilian life. India should have intervened and brought both the parties to negotiation table and tried to find a solution. This is where karunanidhi back stabbed Tamils.
Eelam had huge western and Christian missionary support. I am not sure if these countries would not have used Eelam against India, specially in TN.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The idea is to increase the stakes for Pak on its western borders once US leaves. Should India forge an active military alliance with Afghanistan and put boots on ground? It would be a high stakes game and can destabilize Pak.

Now some questions:
Viability- economically? Will Afghanistan allow it?
Feasibility- can IA pull it off? How many soldiers can we contribute and in what capacity? Training/ supply of weapons?
Benefits- can this move allow us to entrench RAW deep inside Afghanistan and Baluchistan? Can we fund bad Taliban to wreak havoc in Pak?

It will be a high risk game but can give potential benefits. It can take focus of PA from Eastern to the western front. Confuse their military preparations.

India can take off it's soldiers from UN peace keeping missions and go there. We should not get involved in flushing out terrorists on a day to day basis but use it as a base to protect some of our interests. Also, it will allow us to watch the game from much closer and increase the stakes for Pak and force it to commit more blunders.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
I don't think the benefits outweigh the costs- most noteble will be the loss of life of IA soldiers. Think the ISAF faced a hard time? Wait for the wrath the ISI unleashes on Indian units in Afghanistan if they were ever to be deployed. Look at the 2008/9/10 Indian embassy attacks- it is clear the Pakis were behind this and nothing has changed. They even targetted unarmed Indian Army medical team of doctors and paramedics!

Rather, India needs to beef up the ANSF- send them to the world class military training centres in India- If there is one army thatknows how to fight these animals in such a terrain and for prolonged periods it is the IA. Addtionally India should equip them with 105mm arty, the Hinds that are being phased out, some Mi-17s etc. The UPA turned down the "shopping list" presented to them buy Karzai a few years back- the GoI needs to revisit this decsion and go above and beyond. Keep the Pakis pinned down on their Western flank otherwise you can bet they will turn their attention back to their Eastern border.

hardip

LTTE ke safaye ka ek Bada kaaran ye bhi.. tha...

Chinese Military Aid..to SL army...

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
LTTE ke safaye ka ek Bada kaaran ye bhi.. tha...

Chinese Military Aid..to SL army...
Hi, I do not think you have introduced yourself in the forum. Please introduce yourself in the member's section.

Also, please do not mix Hindi and English. Many forum members do not understand Hindi.

rockey 71

India should do well to remember that the last English/British invading army was decimated to a doctor by the Afghans. And that Army was the East Indian Co's Army composed of Indians mostly.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
India should do well to remember that the last English/British invading army was decimated to a doctor by the Afghans. And that Army was the East Indian Co's Army composed of Indians mostly.
That's because they were promised passage & shot in the back. Now, muslim girls grant passage & we hit from the back. How's burma treating you? [emoji3]

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
...................................................................................................................

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
And we taught those circumcised thugs a bitter lesson just after that incident,bring back the ornate gate of Somnath Temple,from afghanistan in 1842.

http://wiki.fibis.org/index.php/The_Army_of_Retribution_March_to_Kabul

http://www.britishbattles.com/first-afghan-war/kabul-1842.htm

That was 1842,move ahead and learn how many times Indians defeated Aghans,even Gurkhas defeated Pashtuns and force them into submission,Gurkhas are good at Beheading.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirah_Campaign

Musalman Afghans prisoners of Hindu Gurkhas

tirahprisoners.jpg

@rockey 71 Indians loves to hunt circumcised thugs for ages to WW2 Turkey.

nirranj

Country flag
Eelam had huge western and Christian missionary support. I am not sure if these countries would not have used Eelam against India, specially in TN.
Those things are out of question. Western and Christian backing started after the mass exodus of Tamils from Sri Lanka. The Tamils who went to the west as refugees worked there to garner support of the Western nations for Eelam. The Western support ended with India opposing them.

If you ask me, Tamils in India are never Indians as Tamil Nadu had historically functioned independent of any pan Indian empires except for the British India. But Tamils were one of the fore runners in creating a independent India. Our ancestors fought under subash in the jungles of Burma and Singapore. Even till date,we see India as our motherland.

But the stupid hegemons in Delhi and those double agents like Su Swamy, always wanted to show the rest of India that Tamils wanted to get out of India. Unfortunately, many tend to believe these things.

I have been called as LTTE and suicide bomber when I visited Delhi during my college days. I have been questioned on my patriotism by some northerners when I said I'm a Tamil. I was asked to get out of India when I said I don't know Hindi (this is the irony! Many northerners think that Tamils don't want to be with India, but are ready to throw us out of India for resisting Hindi). But I see myself a Tamil Indian and I'm proud of my roots. This is what majority of Tamils will say if you ask personally.

I don't understand the paranoia on Tamils fighting for a separate nation from India. This should be closely related to the resistance of Hindi imposition. And yes this is the same intolerance that makes the bhakts to throw anyone who questions out to Pakistan.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Those things are out of question. Western and Christian backing started after the mass exodus of Tamils from Sri Lanka. The Tamils who went to the west as refugees worked there to garner support of the Western nations for Eelam. The Western support ended with India opposing them.

If you ask me, Tamils in India are never Indians as Tamil Nadu had historically functioned independent of any pan Indian empires except for the British India. But Tamils were one of the fore runners in creating a independent India. Our ancestors fought under subash in the jungles of Burma and Singapore. Even till date,we see India as our motherland.

But the stupid hegemons in Delhi and those double agents like Su Swamy, always wanted to show the rest of India that Tamils wanted to get out of India. Unfortunately, many tend to believe these things.

I have been called as LTTE and suicide bomber when I visited Delhi during my college days. I have been questioned on my patriotism by some northerners when I said I'm a Tamil. I was asked to get out of India when I said I don't know Hindi (this is the irony! Many northerners think that Tamils don't want to be with India, but are ready to throw us out of India for resisting Hindi). But I see myself a Tamil Indian and I'm proud of my roots. This is what majority of Tamils will say if you ask personally.

I don't understand the paranoia on Tamils fighting for a separate nation from India. This should be closely related to the resistance of Hindi imposition. And yes this is the same intolerance that makes the bhakts to throw anyone who questions out to Pakistan.
I can get the essence of your post but you are mixing up many issues. But I feel your anguish over the stupid behaviour of some north Indians.

May be @Mad Indian can answer you better.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Actually there is a huge Hindus Buddhist angle to the SL civil war. Most Hindus up in north never cared about it, typical of the Hindus.

Anyway, the church support for the eelam is very recent and it started way after the Indians turned on LTTE. Infact SL was in US camp and that was why India actually funded the LTTE, to prevent SL from leasing away a port to USA. I don't understand how many buffoons from north India forget that ltte was actually created by India to end Sinhalese nationalists and to prevent USA from getting a port in SL. And of course, ltte made their biggest mistake by killing our PM and lost all support from Indians for it. In fact many people including me don't want to associate with ltte because of that. That said, think about what SL is doing right now? They are pimping for China against India like they did with USA before India started arming Ltte. We are now back to classic Hindu strategy of giving BJs to our enemies instead of pounding them into submission.

Also, the thought that TN would secceed with Eelam was pure hogwash created by the CONgi thugs to justify the buffoonery they did in SL. For instance, when ltte blwoed up Rajiv G, DMK which was seen to be responsible for it was reduced to 4 MLA seats out of 234 in the coming election. That would have showed pretty clearly where the loyalties of Tamils lies. After all why would they defeat DMK over Rajiv's death if they wanted seccession

That said, what happened to ltte after congis came to power was out and out revenge of one prostitute only- Sonia Gandhi. She threw away all of Indian strategic interest for revenge on LTTE. for better or worse, creation of Tamil eelam would have given complete control over Indian ocean and SL. Its another incident of Indians being too clever by half by ending LTTE and hence letting SL off the hook permanantly. And now they want to justify their stupidity by blaming Tamil separatists on the reason why ltte was eliminated. That's just utter bull shit. India would not have funded ltte if that was the case. Losing ltte was the biggest strategic blunder in the last decade. Really, what has India gained strategically from ending ltte without first getting SL under the Indian security ambit first?

Our only hope now is that SL not being stupid and realise that India can screw then 100 times harder if they try any funny business against India like they tried in 1971.

That said, the * who think that Hindi is a national language have no business talking about secession. These filth want Hindi to be national language which by itself is seditious when non Hindi is the majority pop and now have the gall to say Tamils who don't accept Hindi is being seditious? If that's the criteria for it, go fuck yourselves. We would rather remain a different country than accept Hindi. Take that bastard language and shove it up your asses for all I care. Atleast, an independent TN would not be pussyfooting with SL and giving them BJs to win their favor when they are obviously pimping themselves for the Chicoms.

Indibomber

Actually there is a huge Hindus Buddhist angle to the SL civil war. Most Hindus up in north never cared about it, typical of the Hindus.
Why are you guys so jealous on North Indians? Inferiority complex probably!!!
Thread was supposed to be about Indian boots in Afghanistan..

Lets open a separate thread to fight about Atrocities of North over South India.

nirranj

Country flag

Anyway, the church support for the eelam is very recent and it started way after the Indians turned on LTTE. Infact SL was in US camp and that was why India actually funded the LTTE, to prevent SL from leasing away a port to USA. I don't understand how many buffoons from north India forget that ltte was actually created by India to end Sinhalese nationalists and to prevent USA from getting a port in SL. And of course, ltte made their biggest mistake by killing our PM and lost all support from Indians for it. In fact many people including me don't want to associate with ltte because of that. That said, think about what SL is doing right now? They are pimping for China against India like they did with USA before India started arming Ltte. We are now back to classic Hindu strategy of giving BJs to our enemies instead of pounding them into submission.

Also, the thought that TN would secceed with Eelam was pure hogwash created by the CONgi thugs to justify the buffoonery they did in SL. For instance, when ltte blwoed up Rajiv G, DMK which was seen to be responsible for it was reduced to 4 MLA seats out of 234 in the coming election. That would have showed pretty clearly where the loyalties of Tamils lies. After all why would they defeat DMK over Rajiv's death if they wanted seccession

That said, what happened to ltte after congis came to power was out and out revenge of one prostitute only- Sonia Gandhi. She threw away all of Indian strategic interest for revenge on LTTE. for better or worse, creation of Tamil eelam would have given complete control over Indian ocean and SL. Its another incident of Indians being too clever by half by ending LTTE and hence letting SL off the hook permanantly. And now they want to justify their stupidity by blaming Tamil separatists on the reason why ltte was eliminated. That's just utter bull shit. India would not have funded ltte if that was the case. Losing ltte was the biggest strategic blunder in the last decade. Really, what has India gained strategically from ending ltte without first getting SL under the Indian security ambit first?

Our only hope now is that SL not being stupid and realise that India can screw then 100 times harder if they try any funny business against India like they tried in 1971.

That said, the * who think that Hindi is a national language have no business talking about secession. These filth want Hindi to be national language which by itself is seditious when non Hindi is the majority pop and now have the gall to say Tamils who don't accept Hindi is being seditious? If that's the criteria for it, go fuck yourselves. We would rather remain a different country than accept Hindi. Take that bastard language and shove it up your asses for all I care. Atleast, an independent TN would not be pussyfooting with SL and giving them BJs to win their favor when they are obviously pimping themselves for the Chicoms.
You nailed it bro. @Sakal Gharelu Ustad this is what I wanted to actually say. But resisted myself from making it look plain obvious. Thanks to @Mad Indian.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Indibomber :pound: Yeah I am so jealous of north India which the biggest shitholes in all of India and has the distinct distinction of having lived under muzzie rats for the longest period of Indian history.

Get over yourselves. I was just responding to the bullshit that India was brilliant in dealing with ltte. We screwed up bad. That's it. Northies don't want to admit because they prefer to live in their lala land. After all, your kind still votes for Congis and AAP

Country flag
Not Needed Because:
  1. You are going to piss Afghanis faster than you piss Pakistanis off . Simply because Afghanistan is ethno-tribal conflict quagmire. You will have to appease some tribes, thereby pissing of rival tribes and vice versa. All Pakistan China, US, UK has to do is to arm pissed of Afghani tribals to create hell for India.

2. Its much cheaper and ,much better in long run, if India trains Afghan Officers, Bureacrats, scientists, doctors and maintain more people to people/cultural contact. Nostalgia is effective tool for diplomacy.

3. India has token presence of CISF commandos to protect workers and embassy. And that should suffice for now. This can be increased a bit more, if Afghanis ask for and India needs to protect infrastructure projects. I would rather prefer India helps Afghanistan build loyal disciplined army. That will provide better more effective tool against Pakistanis. Afghanis hate Paki equal or more than India(barring Pashtuns or Let/Al Qaida affiliates) India can arm Afghanistan as per her needs.

4. India should train and help structure Afghani intelligence agency. We have a lot of common interests ;)

5. Private INdian companies should start sellings logistic/combat vehicles in Afghanistan. This will give them immense experience and feedback. Generate goodwill and strong fan following among Afghanis, just like China did in Pak or Soviet did in India.
I understand what you are trying to say- But we must keep in mind that- the key to strong and stable India- is a strong presence of Indian military in Afghanistan translating to a strong control over Afghanistan- Now this doesn't mean an invasion of Afghanistan and angering Its people- We can have a similar presence like US has in Japan and South Korea- For this I think we should start with a squadron force deployment of IAF and Para-commandos in support role and an Army Brigade for safety of our assets- Here a help from Tajiks would be key as IAF may need a support base in Tajikistan-

Once ANA and Afghan Police is able to push the Taliban back into caves and isolated valleys we can increase the Army strength for assisting final assault on Taliban which will require numbers and expertise of Indian Army- and may last as long as a decade to fully crush the whole guerrilla war machinery built since soviet days atleast on the Afghan side- involving Hot pursuits and regular and incursions in Pakistan- This will also shift Pakistan Army's strengths from eastern to western front- and reduce the Focus from eastern frontier of Kashmir and LC-

Now there might be heavy casualties in the beginning- massive terror attacks in India on regular basis- But we must make ourselves strong enough to face such situations- We simply cannot ignore the fact that apart from security even prosperity and economic well being of India will depend on our ability to access central and west Asia and Afghanistan is going to be a key to that-

What you are saying applies well to India of 1980s and 90s- But India of 2020s and 30s will have to step in the shoes It is supposed to and take Its role in world affairs-

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles