Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...terceptor-missile-success/article17433260.ece

What next? “We should be ready for a field test on a multi-role interceptor missile at an even higher altitude within two-and-half years. It will take four-five years to get it [the multi-role interceptor missile] into actual usage. Unlike the West, we cannot afford to repeat field tests as that would be very expensive. We want the private sector to get involved more in our programme. Right now, it [private sector participation] is disappointing,” Ms. Sinha observed.

sthf

Country flag
Whats the rumours about VLRSAM.........................
For quite some time rumours about a AAD spin-off were floating around. This VLRSAM was/is supposed to be a 200km slant range & 30km interception altitude, highly manuverable and an active seeker. Or so I read.

Essentially, India's answer to S-300.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
For quite some time rumours about a AAD spin-off were floating around. This VLRSAM was/is supposed to be a 200km slant range & 30km interception altitude, highly manuverable and an active seeker. Or so I read.

Thats AAD spin off, more like long range sniper missile, it will bridge gap between Prithvi and Agni missile, as told by makers, 4-5 years ago.

What Ms. Sinha is talking is higher range (than PDV) multipurpose missile. She has given 2.5 years time line. Wait and watch. I wont be surprised if its not AD1 or AD2.

BTW GOI needs to pump more money into this, they dont have funds to keep on testing and perfecting this system..... its a shame.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Actually after 4 consecutive successful trial of AAD, DRDO had opted to develop it as an VLRSAM with 150 km range and 40 km altitude.

sthf

Country flag
Thats AAD spin off, more like long range sniper missile, it will bridge gap between Prithvi and Agni missile, as told by makers, 4-5 years ago.
I think you are confusing between SAM & SSM.

Actually after 4 consecutive successful trial of AAD, DRDO had opted to develop it as an VLRSAM with 150 km range and 40 km altitude.
Don't know the current status bro but last I checked it was 200km & 30km.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Do we have any early warning radars or over the horizon radars for early warning of ballistic missiles?

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Do we have any early warning radars or over the horizon radars for early detection of missiles?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Do we have any early warning radars or over the horizon radars for early warning of ballistic missiles?
wait for sometime, you will get it, at present range is 1200 kms but soon to be going for 2000 kms. Ofcourse we dont have Russian or US very very long range radars, UHF and VHF radars.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...terceptor-missile-success/article17433260.ece

What next? “We should be ready for a field test on a multi-role interceptor missile at an even higher altitude within two-and-half years. It will take four-five years to get it [the multi-role interceptor missile] into actual usage. Unlike the West, we cannot afford to repeat field tests as that would be very expensive. We want the private sector to get involved more in our programme. Right now, it [private sector participation] is disappointing,” Ms. Sinha observed.
Interceptor program is a very complex program and private sector can not play any role right now. Once the program is matured, they can build subsystems.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It will have 250 KM to 300 KM range. Ex sam (Variant of MRSAM) shall hve 150 KM range.

sbm

Country flag
I would like to know that too. Ability to make it is probably there.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles