Indian AShBM

Bheeshma

Against an carrier group yes they are. Mobility is very important. Though having said that a TEL based one would not be too bad as long they can shoot and scoot but they are still vulnerablento satellite based surveillance.

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This is a technology by which a Ballistic missile is used to target aircraft carrier groups or ships.

if you have any queries related to this, please go ahead and ask.

I do actually. We have ballistic missiles. But have we ever tested them on a satellite or a dummy bomber plane flying at high altitude?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I do actually. We have ballistic missiles. But have we ever tested them on a satellite or a dummy bomber plane flying at high altitude?
Satellite, fighter jets or Bombers are intercepted by SAMs (surface to air missiles) , these missiles have seekers which will track the fast high flying objects and destroy them.

Ballistic missiles till now are meant to destroy the land targets like cities, military installations etc., the missile leaves the earth's atmosphere and then descends on to the target to destroy.

Chinese came up with the idea of destroying carrier battle groups with BM's since using BMs against large flotilla has its advantages. There are various guidance systems which are used in BMs and since the carrier battle groups will not travel that fast( Max as per specifications 30 knots) BMs can be used to destroy carrier battle groups, with bigger pay loads.

Last edited:
Country flag
Upto mach 3 missiles can possibly intercepted you have one shot and need
One hundred percent accuracy and twenty seconds. A salvo would make this impossible
Also shaurya and brahmos 2 are mach 5+ which there is no interception for.
MIRV of an antiship missile is overkill. Most mirv have a minimum of 100kt warheads.

sgarg

I knew that chinese blew off a old satellite at a alttitude of 700Km. But can china destroy a Geo-stationary satellite place at a attitude of 36000Km from earth. 700 km is way far away from 36000 Kms? can anyone please clear my understanding.
A missile can launch a killer arrow or projectile in space towards a geo-stationary satellite. These satellite move in a predictable orbit, so killing them is quite possible.

Land based optical fiber is best for communication. It is also important to isolate equipment and filter out electrical surges to save it from EMP effects. It is possible to save equipment from EMP.

Land based lasers can also be used to disable satellites, specially those in low orbits.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles