Indian Army wants futuristic vehicle for its Armoured corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Here is the first and only tank to fulfill all requirements.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-130_Saber-class_fighter_tank
It has a glorious history
The TX-130S was sometimes referred to as the "Jedi starfighter of the ground."[1] During the Clone Wars, the versatile fighter tank saw action on planets such as Geonosis, Rhen Var, Raxus Prime, Thule,[7] and Saleucami.[9] Many notable Jedi piloted fighter tanks during the Clone Wars, including Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, and Ki-Adi-Mundi who used the Force and superior skills to get the best out of these maneuverable craft. In the hands of these Jedi, these tanks proved a match for many Separatist armored vehicles.[7]

The tank was phased out of service shortly after the proclamation of the Galactic Empire, and was replaced by stronger variants, such as the TX-130T fighter tank and the 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank.[7] However, production continued in secret, with several hundred models being sold to the Rebel Alliance.

These vehicles were used by Rebel forces during the Battle of Turak IV.[8]

Tech specs are amazing too

I hope the galactic empire co-operates in Make in India and agrees to tech transfers. I am sure Mr. Modi will make a trip to Coruscant and address the NRI diaspora to highlight the importance of PIOs roles in the development of the Galactic Empire and the dark side of the force.
@OneGrimPilgrim @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @roma @Mad Indian

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They already had long time back call FICV ..

Now where and who seeded out FRCV rfi for ?

They want to develop this in collaboration with Industry....:pound:
"Make in India" - you see .:cruisin2:

indiandefencefan

Country flag
upload_2015-6-15_20-18-26.jpeg

upload_2015-6-15_20-18-38.jpeg

The BMPT Terminator(pictures above) is an advanced combat vehicle based on the
T-732 chassis that India already produces.
Can this be a viable option as an medium weight combat vehicle as producing something along the lines of this vehicle will cost less as we might not have to open a new production line and is based on tech that we are more or less familiar with.

Or does the army want a new tank ???

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Bhai lagata hai ki aapne achi wali laundiyan dekhi hi nahi hai. Koi baat nahi Dilli chale jao.:hehe:
Dilli ki laundiyon ko sadak pe maa behen ki gaaliyan dete suna hai logon ko .... so no thanks. Waise bhi most are punjabi and get fat. :tsk:

blueblood

Dilli ki laundiyon ko sadak pe maa behen ki gaaliyan dete suna hai logon ko .... so no thanks. Waise bhi most are punjabi and get fat. :tsk:
Bhai palat ke aap bhi de dena. As for getting fat, look for the 1-2 year long trailer not for the 50 year long film.:devil:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Bhai palat ke aap bhi de dena. As for getting fat, look for the 1-2 year long trailer not for the 50 year long film.:devil:
Nope. I was never abused. Too smooth for that. ;) but goes to show their mentality.
Also do not try abusing back.....**** are everywhere to beat you up. Just get out ASAP.
Ofcourse humme bhi trailer se hi matlab hai :lol:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Going by RFI, since the last date is 31st july atleast by Aug/Sep we will know which companies have been shortlisted for design. Atleast that should narrow our guess work.

blueblood

Nope. I was never abused. Too smooth for that. ;) but goes to show their mentality.
Also do not try abusing back.....**** are everywhere to beat you up. Just get out ASAP.
Ofcourse humme bhi trailer se hi matlab hai :lol:
They can try their best. :biggrin2:

Toh bas bhai trailer se khush raho.

Khush rahe tu sada yeh dua hai meri.:laugh:

power_monger

Country flag
I hope DRDO stays away from this drama and refuse to take this project. The Specs are made to fail. So no use taking it and then fail.

Army should be allowed to import Russian armata paying whatever amount they ask for without any TOT. Atleast this will avoid poor scientist at DRDO becoming scapegoats by taking such nonsense specifications.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I don't think anyone here will defend the Drdo if they knew what the work culture actually there is.

And keyboard warriors should resist giving tactical advice and equipment advice to the actual warriors on ground. Would much appreciate it if our army boys have to fight with the toys "they want" rather than with that the fanboys here want them to fight wars with. Thanks.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I don't think anyone here will defend the Drdo if they knew what the work culture actually there is.

And keyboard warriors should resist giving tactical advice and equipment advice to the actual warriors on ground. Would much appreciate it if our army boys have to fight with the toys "they want" rather than with that the fanboys here want them to fight wars with. Thanks.
You know my mother tounge is marathi. That was not offered where I did my schooling from sadly. So I had to take Hindi.
In Hindi we would usually get for 20 marks/100 an essay writing question. The question would have 3 choices and almost always one of the choices would be Pradushan i.e. Pollution. This was the bread and butter for weak students like me. I had the bullshit memorized like the intro, the first paragraph after that being about air pollution, sound after that, then land contamination followed by remedies to pollution. To conclude I would write the importance of Harmony with nature .... It always guaranteed atleast 12 marks. Needless to say I barely crossed 50/100 which was a big achievement for me.
So I can spot Pradushan essays from miles away. And just like in my exams, these essays would result in barely passing marks.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You know my mother tounge is marathi. That was not offered where I did my schooling from sadly. So I had to take Hindi.
In Hindi we would usually get for 20 marks/100 an essay writing question. The question would have 3 choices and almost always one of the choices would be Pradushan i.e. Pollution. This was the bread and butter for weak students like me. I had the bullshit memorized like the intro, the first paragraph after that being about air pollution, sound after that, then land contamination followed by remedies to pollution. To conclude I would write the importance of Harmony with nature .... It always guaranteed atleast 12 marks. Needless to say I barely crossed 50/100 which was a big achievement for me.
So I can spot Pradushan essays from miles away. And just like in my exams, these essays would result in barely passing marks.
If you are good at spotting BS you should start with DRDO fanboys claims of army being against indigenous systems. It just falls flat on evidence. Army had no problem accepting indigenous goods of DRDO when they were actually upto the mark- like how almost all electronic warfare items in IAF and IN are indigenous because they were superior /at par with what was offered to them in the foreign market.

Rather than applauding army for what they are doing to us, we are discrediting them and their opinions which is pretty sick and insulting to our boys IMO . what we should probably be doing is screening drdo for eating our tax money and playing fast and loose with strategic projects. And many lca fanboys here were claiming the same BS on LCA too. Where is it now? Seriously, talk with someone who is a relative working in DRDO and you will know what a crappy org they are.

I know DRDO is a typical govt organisation through my friend who works as an engineer there.

I would rather trust my army which is out there in the borders keeping me safe than trust self serving govt agents in a govt job like DRDO who have mistakes in their projects success or failure

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
If you are good at spotting BS you should start with DRDO fanboys claims of army being against indigenous systems. It just falls flat on evidence. Army had no problem accepting indigenous goods of DRDO when they were actually upto the mark- like how almost all electronic warfare items in IAF and IN are indigenous because they were superior /at par with what was offered to them in the foreign market.

Rather than applauding army for what they are doing to us, we are discrediting them and their opinions which is pretty sick and insulting to our boys IMO . what we should probably be doing is screening drdo for eating our tax money and playing fast and loose with strategic projects. And many lca fanboys here were claiming the same BS on LCA too. Where is it now? Seriously, talk with someone who is a relative working in DRDO and you will know what a crappy org they are.

I know DRDO is a typical govt organisation through my friend who works as an engineer there.

I would rather trust my army which is out there in the borders keeping me safe than trust self serving govt agents in a govt job like DRDO who have mistakes in their projects success or failure
Dude ... this RFI is shit.... once I had damaged optical lenses in my physics lab and had to replace them + pay fine.
Guess what ... that sheet had more numerical fields than this bullshit.
Example:
They never specify how many people they want to keep in one tank .... I mean do they not have any calculation / estimate on how they want to plan their forces.... say induction is 2027....what is the estimated size of army...so how many people you would have then...how many of those would be in tanks and how many people per tank?

As for DRDO yes they are $hit, but if we have Frozen,Numerical specs and an adequate timeline, they will deliver. At least tanks are not THAT complicated.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dude ... this RFI is shit.... once I had damaged optical lenses in my physics lab and had to replace them + pay fine.
Guess what ... that sheet had more numerical fields than this bullshit.
Example:
They never specify how many people they want to keep in one tank .... I mean do they not have any calculation / estimate on how they want to plan their forces.... say induction is 2027....what is the estimated size of army...so how many people you would have then...how many of those would be in tanks and how many people per tank?

As for DRDO yes they are $hit, but if we have Frozen,Numerical specs and an adequate timeline, they will deliver. At least tanks are not THAT complicated.
That is not even a valid criticism of the RFI. Numbers don't matter in research, capabilities do. Mass production is very easy compared to the actual research part.

And I think people are very misinformed to think imports are bad economically. They are not. You lose strategic autonomy with imports yes, but from an economic standpoint they are not bad. So cost benefit analysis of imports should not even factor in the domestic jobs created by domestic manufacturing at least in defence.

That is, as far as defence is concerned indigenisation should be made with autonomy in mind and not jobs created and capability addition in mind and not money saved from imports/manufacture. For example , if F22 is available for sale, we should buy it even if it 5times more expensive than this tejas junk.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
That is not even a valid criticism of the RFI. Numbers don't matter in research, capabilities do. Mass production is very easy compared to the actual research part.
Nope. Numerical specs are important..... E.g a tank with 4 operators will need less automation than one with 3. But it will need better ventilation. Just a small example.
And I think people are very misinformed to think imports are bad economically. They are not. You lose strategic autonomy with imports yes, but from an economic standpoint they are not bad. So cost benefit analysis of imports should not even factor in the domestic jobs created by domestic manufacturing at least in defence.
In case of our country, we are still to industrialize .... the best way to industrialize is for govt to set up manufacturing in India....and the best way for that is using our own IP.
indigenisation should be made with autonomy in mind and not jobs created and capability addition in mind and not money saved from imports/manufacture
We are not a European country ... we indigenise with a focus on shifting our economy away from agriculture to Industrialization.
if F22 is available for sale, we should buy it even if it 5times more expensive than this tejas junk
Yup. But
a) No tank can be a game changer of the same magnitude
b) Sooner or later we will need our own infrastructure and RnD ecosystem....so how long will we mask our incompetence with imports. ATLEAST single engine fighter can be partially made and developed in India. Forget the engine.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Nope. Numerical specs are important..... E.g a tank with 4 operators will need less automation than one with 3. But it will need better ventilation. Just a small example.

In case of our country, we are still to industrialize .... the best way to industrialize is for govt to set up manufacturing in India....and the best way for that is using our own IP.

We are not a European country ... we indigenise with a focus on shifting our economy away from agriculture to Industrialization.

Yup. But
a) No tank can be a game changer of the same magnitude
b) Sooner or later we will need our own infrastructure and RnD ecosystem....so how long will we mask our incompetence with imports. ATLEAST single engine fighter can be partially made and developed in India. Forget the engine.
1. That part is agreeable. I will conceed that.

2. That means you don't understand how economics work. Trading for something good is no different than producing it here. I will try writing a post on it when I have time why it is so.

3. Same as above. European or not, industrialisation is not what makes the country wealthy. What industry does Singapore has? Trade and production efficiency is what makes us wealthy. If imports satisfy that, nothing wrong with imports.

Small example- you buy a Tata car and it costs 2 lakhs. You have a foreign brand of car which costs 1 lakh, you can buy two of these or bug one and invest 1 lakh on something else. All of this helps the economy. If you don't import, then your export will have no takers. Basically, whatever is efficient is better for economy- indigenous or not.

4 . really? So why not just stick with t55s. Why bother with new techs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles