Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, Yes there was deficiency from Clothes to the fire arm, We lack precision munition for infantry motars and night vision so does Gunships to provide fire support and UAV / Drones to monitor enemy activity ..

Don't get me wrong Sir, We have equipment but not suitable to fight much better arm enemies, Our equipments need to be upgraded, Just the existing once will do ..
There was no lack of clothes. They were dressed and equipped in the same way, in weaponry and allied accessories. in the same spot my unit operated in Op at Dalunang.

If we could do it, then why not others?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, Those men did made it, Because of the sheer will power and commitment, They fought with what ever they had..

Their captured equipment shows that, In many ways they had edge over our firearms and clothing..

There was no lack of clothes. They were dressed and equipped in the same way, in weaponry and allied accessories. in the same spot my unit operated in Op at Dalunang.

If we could do it, then why not others?
=================

I cannot predict that, Its unknown as everything is under red tape until they get a middle man..

Can we hope anything better coming their way in the near future?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, Those men did made it, Because of the sheer will power and commitment, They fought with what ever they had..

Their captured equipment shows that, In many ways they had edge over our firearms and clothing..
In Op Intrusion Dalunang in the same area, how come the troops achieved their task in the clothing and equipment that were similar to those used in Op Vijay?

Pakistan may have had better equipment, but equipment alone does not win wars.

Lets be pragmatic.

In Op Vijay the troops did a commendable job, but the issue of clothing and weaponry is merely an issue generated by vested interests, though I will concede that better clothing and weaponry is always welcomed and should be progressively added as and when the budget permits!

We addressed Op Vijay with what we had and I don't remember any soldier complaining!

Think about the capture of Pt 13620 that dominated the Kargil Town and the Highway. Same clothes and lesser modern weaponry.

The Indian Army achieves its aim with whatever it has.

God Bless them for that!

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, Equipment is one of the main battle wining factor, It must be given priority within the given budget..

No Solider will ever complain, But during entire Kargil War many deficiency were noted which were quickly forgotten, This is harmful..

Ithough I will concede that better clothing and weaponry is always welcomed and should be progressively added as and when the budget permits!

We addressed Op Vijay with what we had and I don't remember any soldier complaining!

The Indian Army achieves its aim with whatever it has.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Its in Punjabi and without subtitles but still one of the rare debates of high quality on defence related issues
What issues the program has discussed ??

Can you list ?

Except for abusing generals ??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles