Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If I am not wrong, Army has placed orders for indigenous optics last month. I don't remember how many they ordered.
I would have posted the details of tender/RFI in Indian army thread.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I don't know that's why I asked. Nothing more or less.
Haha you failed to spot the joke I guess ! We all know how the jokers in IA purposely buy the most unequipped version of a rifle , god forbid if there was a sig with the option of no P rails I bet my bollocks they would have ordered that ! This being the case you asking for a sight to be ordered is a bit rich what ?

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Sig 716 with the Army serve as a DMR.
Without optics, that rifle is practically useless.

piKacHHu

Country flag
Sig 716 with the Army serve as a DMR.
Without optics, that rifle is practically useless.
If the selected model for IA is 716G2 patrol then it's a battle rifle not a DMR. I doubt IA is having designated rifle for DMR role as it is using SVD only for sniping. DMR is used for ranges 500-1000 m whereas sniper rifles could engage targets beyond 1000m.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
RR isn't a frontline troops. So, they won't be getting this rifle. And this is a battle rifle. The DMR version didn't have any flip iron sight (sorry if my terminology is wrong).

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Dont think RR will be getting these babies. These are mostly for Line Infantry not COIN troops.
I was thinking out of the 74,000 Rifles Ordered half will go to Army units on the LoC and other half will go to RR Troops replacing there AKs. There many RR Battalions who help the Normal Army LoC Units in protecting there areas and sectors. There was recently news about how RR Battalions are now being tasked with controlling or Stoping cross border Porki Terrorist infiltration along the LoC along with there Counter-Insurgency Operations on the Interior Areas so RR Troops getting SiG-716 isn’t a far fetched idea.

Yogendra Rana

Country flag
This is going to sound very superficial, but I just don't like the thought of Kalashnikovs being the main assault rifle for the Indian army. They do not have a modern appearance and almost no professional army uses them as standard. I'm sure the AK 103 is modern and will suit the requirements of the army, but I don't like the visuals in my head of Kalashnikovs becoming standard for most troops.

I hope they at least have picatinny rails and adjustable buttstock as standard.

They already have the picatinny rails and adjustable butt-stock with cheek rest. Moreover the fore railed hand guard for more modern equipment capability...

vampyrbladez

Country flag
If the selected model for IA is 716G2 patrol then it's a battle rifle not a DMR. I doubt IA is having designated rifle for DMR role as it is using SVD only for sniping. DMR is used for ranges 500-1000 m whereas sniper rifles could engage targets beyond 1000m.
Patrol Variant - Full Auto / Semi / Safe

DMR -Semi / Safe

Global Defence

New threads

Articles