Indian Army not ready for War with China

SPIEZ

Country flag
Both India and China have a No-First Use Policy, So why would a nuke scenario arise!

And if ant war, the Asian situation will blow out, leading to further chaos!

DMF

India government know for sure that there will be no war between China, so wisely waste little money on the barren borders, also China not pay too much attention to the border between India, China has too much to worry about, now this situation is good for both of us

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
why are everybody complaining about bad roads ? What's so bad in these roads?
Most of the roads in chennai are very similar, and people travel everyday without complaining
Typical indian mindset....this needs to be changed...

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Chinese will never fight head-on because they will have a huge risk of maintaining a open supply line. The best way of fighting the Chinese is using ambush tactics and first hit their supply lines after we let them enter. 'Scorched earth policy is the best way for it. Doing so we will be thinning out the troops and make them fight on our terms.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
With a government like this dictating to the military, I am not surprised. Discussing the financing of EU's financial crisis while not even ready to buy or produce latest weapons due to "finance ministry's concerns". What more evidence than this is needed to prove that this party is just installed by our former colonials to continue to drain Indian resources to save firangi skin in times of crisis. The eagerness this ruling party shows to please their European masters doesn't surprise me regarding the dilapidated condition of our frontline roads. Pathetic.

jat

a trail or a road is the same thing to to vechile operated by the military. why do we even need modern roads there if we aren't going to station that many troops?
Don't we have helecopters to lift artillery pieces and troops? Does the US military relay on roads? its airspace we should be concerned with.
Any heavy deployment would be picked up locals, media and even satalietes assuming we direct one there.
Whats the problem? ans..there is none.
The roads the Chinese built is for themselves since they don't have luxurary of low altitude bases near the border.
The only threat I can forsee from the PLA is their long range artillery which could target our bases at their convenience.
I think the focus of Indian military deployed to the Chinese border should be,
Mountian troops, (need more, already have a defence with ITBP
artillery, (Brahmos and bofors, Smerch and Pinaka)
air lift (Hercules, Il-76 and Mi-28/chinooks)
stronger defensive positions, (we are already moving ritired T-72s to defensive positions)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Look at the right hand side section of the picture. That speaks the truth. We can defend an attack but we cannot retaliate an attack by taking the battled into Tibet in case the war heats up. That's what. And I have posted an article in MILITARY STRATEGY regarding how our tri-services are getting more and more disgruntled and disillusioned of our politicians because of the latter' treachery.

This is like a volcano that keeps getting internal pressure until it erupts one day. I wish that day comes when MOD is actually handled by middle level officers of the tri-services who are incumbent on the battlefield and know what exactly is modern requirement and they kick out civilian dirty babus.

SPIEZ

Country flag

Look at the right hand side section of the picture. That speaks the truth. We can defend an attack but we cannot retaliate an attack by taking the battled into Tibet in case the war heats up. That's what. And I have posted an article in MILITARY STRATEGY regarding how our tri-services are getting more and more disgruntled and disillusioned of our politicians because of the latter' treachery.

This is like a volcano that keeps getting internal pressure until it erupts one day. I wish that day comes when MOD is actually handled by middle level officers of the tri-services who are incumbent on the battlefield and know what exactly is modern requirement and they kick out civilian dirty babus.

Not everything is true, especially the right hand side.

If you look at the PLA thread, you would find some PLA soldiers even without basic Bullet Proof Jackets (BPJ). I suggest in the future that you don't trust the Indian media entirely. Although we do lag behind, everything has been blown out of proportions !

Koovie

stupid comparison.... as if our Jawans would fight with softairs and airguns... just a media hype by journous who think that pla would win just because the chinese bullpop rifle looks better than INSAS... And what about air power??? Its not even mentioned

charlyondfi

stupid comparison.... as if our Jawans would fight with softairs and airguns... just a media hype by journous who think that pla would win just because the chinese bullpop rifle looks better than INSAS... And what about air power??? Its not even mentioned
Well, at least TShering provide a chart, which you can easily look up on web. You are welcome to dispute with links and charts.

Here are some photos if you google "PLA drill in Tibet". Surely you can say it's official one, but that's the first 15 min you can get. To me, these add credits to what Tshering claims...
link: http://www.xizang.env.cn/env/xizang/b2011-08-16.html
link: Öйú¾ü¶ÓÈ«Ìåϵ¶Ô¿¹ÒѳÉÐÍ Èý¾ü¹²ÏíÖ¸»ÓÐÅÏ¢¡ªÖлªÓéÀÖÍø

Koovie

Well, at least TShering provide a chart, which you can easily look up on web. You are welcome to dispute with links and charts.

Here are some photos if you google "PLA drill in Tibet". Surely you can say it's official one, but that's the first 15 min you can get. To me, these add credits to what Tshering claims...
link: http://www.xizang.env.cn/env/xizang/b2011-08-16.html
link: �й�����ȫ��ϵ�Կ��ѳ��� ��������ָ����Ϣ���л�������
Here: http://defenceforumindia.com/military-analysis/16694-pla-vs-indian-army-lac-read-first.html

much more useful comparison.....

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
a trail or a road is the same thing to to vechile operated by the military. why do we even need modern roads there if we aren't going to station that many troops?
Don't we have helecopters to lift artillery pieces and troops? Does the US military relay on roads? its airspace we should be concerned with.
Any heavy deployment would be picked up locals, media and even satalietes assuming we direct one there.
Whats the problem? ans..there is none.
The roads the Chinese built is for themselves since they don't have luxurary of low altitude bases near the border.
The only threat I can forsee from the PLA is their long range artillery which could target our bases at their convenience.
I think the focus of Indian military deployed to the Chinese border should be,
Mountian troops, (need more, already have a defence with ITBP
artillery, (Brahmos and bofors, Smerch and Pinaka)
air lift (Hercules, Il-76 and Mi-28/chinooks)
stronger defensive positions, (we are already moving ritired T-72s to defensive positions)
Better roads are needed for RAPID movement of troops. Sure a tracked vehicle can move across a track or broken roadways - but the speed is telling - "cross country" speeds for tanks are 20-30 kmph while tanks can cruise at 40-50 kmph along good roads. Add artillery, wheeled troop and supply trucks not to mention medical vans, the speed will be down to 5-10 kmph.
In modern warfare speed is of essence. And no, you cannot do a mass scale rapid response by airlifting troops all across the northeast. You can do it for 1-2 locations, not in 15-20 of them ... and even for the cases where you can do airlifting, it will not be as massive as when you can move the troops along ground.
Importance of good roads in warfare had been demonstrated by Romans, Napoleans France, Hitlers Germany - to name a few.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles