Indian Army for new 9mm pistols

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The unnecessary tender such as for new sidearms are given quite burial ..

The present sidearm is good enough and only a marginally upgraded one could effectively replace it ..

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Another import being pushed. Developing a new pistol is a matter of few months and a few crores. If we just reverse engineer then a matter of few weeks. Let OFB develop it like they did Ghatak

kapali_ninaad

Country flag
The unnecessary tender such as for new sidearms are given quite burial ..

The present sidearm is good enough and only a marginally upgraded one could effectively replace it ..
Don't you mean "significantly"?

I would love the forces to have a firearm like the Glock. I will be citing my reasons but first I have skim through the threads if there is one running already.If a decent one is not found, I might ( with permission from the senior members start one). It will include my own training videos and pictures. I just to finalize the legal repercussions of doing so from the local authority here.

Attachments

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their is nothing else than what i have conveyed in simple words, Various forces are using Glocks but this thread is around Indian Army, Hence the context is around Army.

You are most welcome to start various thread ..

Don't you mean "significantly"?

I would love the forces to have a firearm like the Glock. I will be citing my reasons but first I have skim through the threads if there is one running already.If a decent one is not found, I might ( with permission from the senior members start one). It will include my own training videos and pictures. I just to finalize the legal repercussions of doing so from the local authority here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles