Indian Army Finds Change Difficult

lemontree

Professional
Anyone see how Army trains in different academic and Service courses..
Most services technicians are more experienced and proficient in handling equipment than the avergae IIT grad...A NCO or JCO is more adept at trouble shooting and problem solving than an IIT grad with an MBA degree.

The civi street has shown me the superiority of the training methodology in the armed forces. Our boys know more about innovation than the techies walking the civi street. That is why we get the job done, come hell or high water.

No offence to the civi guys here - but the armed forces trains people to work under pressure. That is why our boys excel where better qualified civilians have failed.

Twinblade

Country flag
You don't need an engineering degree or college education or even complete high school to operate a smart phone. It might take time getting used to but if the product is designed with an easy to understand and use UI, our average Jawan could well operate reasonably complex equipment.

Even in the US, the average grunt has been the front runner in adapting civilian hardware for military use (and they too are barely high school graduates). Not every task requires punching in lines through the command prompt, your average logistics guy or the store manager does not need to be educated on the entire ERP system. Just train him on the necessary module and things work just fine.

You don't have to be good at high school physics to determine the trajectory of the artillery shell and the necessary correction required considering wind and humidity factors. If you can look up the charts for necessary settings and corrections the result is just the same :)

blueblood

Most services technicians are more experienced and proficient in handling equipment than the avergae IIT grad...A NCO or JCO is more adept at trouble shooting and problem solving than an IIT grad with an MBA degree.

The civi street has shown me the superiority of the training methodology in the armed forces. Our boys know more about innovation than the techies walking the civi street. That is why we get the job done, come hell or high water.

No offence to the civi guys here - but the armed forces trains people to work under pressure. That is why our boys excel where better qualified civilians have failed.
Unfortunately, most guys here do not understand how Indian Army works.

Bridge collapses near CWG main venue, 23 injured - The Times of India

PWD project manager at the disaster site, didn't say who was responsible for the bridge collapse. When reporters asked for an explanation, he merely said that two of the clamps holding up the causeway snapped and as the load increased progressively on the other cables, all of these snapped and the edifice came crashing down.

and

Indian Army Rebuilds | Collapse Foot Overbridge | CWG 2010 Venue | Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium

The Delhi Government sought the help of the Army engineers to rebuild the collapse bridge, and the task was completed in a record of four days.

Last edited:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Despite given the above data, Still i don`t know why most believe this..

Army has its own courses, Where a new technology is taught before its implication, How to use it that is taught here..

The moto is adapt and survive both physical and mentally, Newer gen system are much easier to use than previous mechanical which require more labor in calculating etc..

New system ease Army`s work, And these are not different form using a simple Computer..

I am here to remove confusion most have, Ask anything you doubt cannot do, Any system or application we are about to use in Army ?

Please ask..
Kunal:

I would like to know about living conditions for IA and IAF personal on higher altitude and colder climate such as Sianchen Glaciers? Do they have permanent structural living quarters with built in heating systems? Is there any web site where I can read in details about weapon system and how they are maintained at higher altitude under minus forty degrees temperature. What effect does the climate have on operation of Helicopters and fighter planes?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Change takes time and practice and then allz will be well!

Rome was not built in one day. ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kunal:

I would like to know about living conditions for IA and IAF personal on higher altitude and colder climate such as Sianchen Glaciers? Do they have permanent structural living quarters with built in heating systems? Is there any web site where I can read in details about weapon system and how they are maintained at higher altitude under minus forty degrees temperature. What effect does the climate have on operation of Helicopters and fighter planes?
We have bunkers, bukharis and K heaters.

And we have God on our side most of the times! :thumb:

Helicopter ops are very chancy since the weather changes and because of the problems of lift in a rarefied atmosphere.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Unfortunately, most guys here do not understand how Indian Army works.

Bridge collapses near CWG main venue, 23 injured - The Times of India

PWD project manager at the disaster site, didn't say who was responsible for the bridge collapse. When reporters asked for an explanation, he merely said that two of the clamps holding up the causeway snapped and as the load increased progressively on the other cables, all of these snapped and the edifice came crashing down.

and

Indian Army Rebuilds | Collapse Foot Overbridge | CWG 2010 Venue | Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium

The Delhi Government sought the help of the Army engineers to rebuild the collapse bridge, and the task was completed in a record of four days.
And not to forget that overbridge made for the Olympics that collapsed even before it was opened for use and the Army came to the rescue

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes we have.

It is called ARTRAC (Army Training Command ).

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
IMHO, it takes time for changes, military tec is changing fast and it is good in way, as we can directly jump to state of the art tech. Yeah it is true that people do take time to accept new tech. Good example is tank sight, we have jump from, night blindness to thermal sight, without going to night vision (not in all tanks). Plus soldiers see the advantage they to adopt fast.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal:

We have bunkers, bukharis and K heaters.
And we have God on our side most of the times! :thumb:
Helicopter ops are very chancy since the weather changes and because of the problems of lift in a rarefied atmosphere.

IA in Sianchen atmosphere mostly live in Thermal tents with Bukharis mostly, we carry Bukharis like neckbands, Parachute clothes help lot in insulating Tents and making helipads, At higher and Higher altitudes their are only tents, Lower areas have Bunkers, Weaponry system need to be lubricated other wise it jams same goes for 105mm cannons we have there, Helicopter are active there but i doubt fighter planes, Helicopter have to use special lubricants to stop anti-freeze to freeze, I hope you understand, Also most notable thing, Out of 100% men posted there 35% got have Frost bites, Usually people lose finger or two at tow or hand, But that doesn't effect the work they do..

http://defenceforumindia.com/milita...ld-world-medical-problems-solutions-must.html

As, Sir explained..

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles