Indian Army Aviation Wing

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
how many helicopters are there in an Army aviation unite and how many are there in an IAF helicopters squadron this i have asked before but did not get any response pls if some body can share information unless it is a matter of national security at par with nuclear submarine technology which cannot be shared

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
how many helicopters are there in an Army aviation unite and how many are there in an IAF helicopters squadron this i have asked before but did not get any response pls if some body can share information unless it is a matter of national security at par with nuclear submarine technology which cannot be shared
Look up flight global annual report of global military aviation assets, that report is accurate as it gets.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Or look at Wikipedia list of active indian military aircraft. That is also sourced from different publication. Should be a good estimate.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
Or look at Wikipedia list of active indian military aircraft. That is also sourced from different publication. Should be a good estimate.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
i asked the NUMBER OF HELICOPTERS in one Army aviation unite and in one IAF helicopters squadron . I wanted to know the count of the machine in an individual unit or squadron the reason is i wanted to compare the strength between the two not the total strengthen of helicopter in Army aviation or IAF

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
people i specifically asked the NUMBER OF HELICOPTERS in one Army aviation unite and in one IAF helicopters squadron . I wanted to know the count of the machine in an individual unit or squadron the reason is i wanted to compare the strength between the two not the total strengthen of helicopter in Army aviation or IAF

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
Look up flight global annual report of global military aviation assets, that report is accurate as it gets.[/ i specifically asked the NUMBER OF HELICOPTERS in one Army aviation unite and in one IAF helicopters squadron . I wanted to know the count of the machine in an individual unit or squadron the reason is i wanted to compare the strength between the two not the total strengthen of helicopter in Army aviation or IAF
Look up flight global annual report of global military aviation assets, that report is accurate as it gets.
i asked the NUMBER OF HELICOPTERS in one Army aviation unite and in one IAF helicopters squadron . I wanted to know the count of the machine in an individual unit or squadron the reason is i wanted to compare the strength between the two not the total strengthen of helicopter in Army aviation or IAF

Chinmoy

Country flag
No one would be able to give you the exact number. Reason, IA operates both fixed wing drones and rotary wing copters. So a unit could have a mix of both.
Same goes for IAF. Although a field unit or squadron of IAF consists of 18 aircraft, but in case of Tejas, this number is of 20. Moreover some do operates a mixture of different craft in a unit.

SO unit wise one can't get a count of crafts in IA or IAF.

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
No one would be able to give you the exact number. Reason, IA operates both fixed wing drones and rotary wing copters. So a unit could have a mix of both.
Same goes for IAF. Although a field unit or squadron of IAF consists of 18 aircraft, but in case of Tejas, this number is of 20. Moreover some do operates a mixture of different craft in a unit.

SO unit wise one can't get a count of crafts in IA or IAF.
got it ................................................................................................................

WolfPack86

Country flag
HAL LANCER Light Attack Helicopter which is used for Area Defence by Army Aviation Corps and is employed for COIN and CT Operations fitted with a 12.7mm Machine Gun and 70mm Rocket Pods along with Bubble Cabin to protect the crew from Small Arms Fire.

Wisemarko

Country flag
HAL LANCER Light Attack Helicopter which is used for Area Defence by Army Aviation Corps and is employed for COIN and CT Operations fitted with a 12.7mm Machine Gun and 70mm Rocket Pods along with Bubble Cabin to protect the crew from Small Arms Fire.
Appropriate item for a museum not battlefield.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles