Indian Army Artillery

Killswitch

Country flag
There is ZERO NEED for Athos. This is ridiculous.

I've been saying this for years:

Upgrade all M46's (1000+)
Induct M777 and if possible an Indian made ULH (360+)
Induct Dhanush (360+)
Induct ATAGS (1000 +)

Why import when there are superior options made in India already?

This reeks of corruption.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There is ZERO NEED for Athos. This is ridiculous.

I've been saying this for years:

Upgrade all M46's (1000+)
Induct M777 and if possible an Indian made ULH (360+)
Induct Dhanush (360+)
Induct ATAGS (1000 +)

Why import when there are superior options made in India already?

This reeks of corruption.
I thought Athos was to throw a bone to Kalyani because they have lost ATAGS (who won that anyway, Tata of Bharat Forge?)... It could be to build numbers quickly from multiple sources.

I'm more pissed about importing K9, instead of Bhim or Catapult, mounted with Sharang or ATAGS.
DVwOTKOX4AAoB79.jpeg

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Ghanta,ATHOS is coming!??
What is seriously wrong with this army?
They don't have money for indigenous but asshole for ATHOS money comes from heaven.
Like jha sir said if any import happen in artillery, then there is no hope for indigenous power to rise in India.
Also Bharat forge too will build ATAGS so what is their problem?
Man, how any patriot in military can let this happen?
Or they have send churan to modi stomach by saying ORDERS ARE SO HIGH THAT WE NEED IMPORT,my ass first give orders of ATAGS it will take same time to build it as with athos so I don't understand how they can deliver fast?
This is clearly import lobby at work.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Ghanta,ATHOS is coming!??
What is seriously wrong with this army?
They don't have money for indigenous but asshole for ATHOS money comes from heaven.
Like jha sir said if any import happen in artillery, then there is no hope for indigenous power to rise in India.
Also Bharat forge too will build ATAGS so what is their problem?
Man, how any patriot in military can let this happen?
Or they have send churan to modi stomach by saying ORDERS ARE SO HIGH THAT WE NEED IMPORT,my ass first give orders of ATAGS it will take same time to build it as with athos so I don't understand how they can deliver fast?
This is clearly import lobby at work.
Baba Kalyani has already said that it has the capacity to build 250 ATAGS each year. Couple that with TATA SED capability which might nearly be the same. In a matter of 2-3 years, 1000+ ATAGS can be produced easily. I do not see any need for import. Also now that there is 155/52 ULH, 155/39 ULH I do not see any need for more M777 other than the 145 ordered.

Chinmoy

Country flag
so Indian army will get more than 1000 ethos from Israel through TOT but why when we have so many indegeneous options available. saurav jha rightly said that if any more artillery guns are exported then expect noting from the MOD and army and today his warning came true.

ARE BETICHOD DIMAG ME GOBAR BHARA HAI KYA INDEGENEOUS ARTILLERY GUNS KO KOI ORDER NAHI LEKIN IMPORTED MAAL TO 1000 GUN KA ORDER:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Why are you going bonkers on a click bait?

Even if, they get 1k order, it is less then half of what is needed in Towed section.

sorcerer

Country flag
Saudi Arabia to evaluate Indian Kalyani Group howitzers

India’s Kalyani Group will send its two 155mm towed howitzer models – Bharat 52 and Garuda-V2 – to the Saudi Arabian army for local evaluation later this year. This is a major gain for the Indian private industry.

The Saudi army has expressed a keen interest for the Kalyani Group’s Bharat 52 and Garuda-V2 towed howitzers.

Akula

Country flag
Saudi Arabia to evaluate Indian Kalyani Group howitzers

India’s Kalyani Group will send its two 155mm towed howitzer models – Bharat 52 and Garuda-V2 – to the Saudi Arabian army for local evaluation later this year. This is a major gain for the Indian private industry.

The Saudi army has expressed a keen interest for the Kalyani Group’s Bharat 52 and Garuda-V2 towed howitzers.
This means if selected, both the artillery pieces especially Garuda V2 will be used in Yemen against the houthis.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/d...ccess-country-plans-imports-from-israel-42678
It's news from tribune, and look like THIS DEAL IS HAPPENING BECAUSE IT IS THERE, saala kaun motherfucker baitha hua hai uppar.
Here, we have Americans buying their f-35 despite it having problems.
And here, we have Indian military buying Athos because it is already there.
It look like saurav jha sir prediction about no hope left for mass induction of indigenous weapons is coming true if this news is right.
Although it is small article but let's see.
Saali import army.
Juuta marne ka mann kar raha hai saalon ke sar par.
And here baba is saying another thing.
https://idrw.org/can-develop-any-artillery-gun-for-indian-army-baba-kalyani/
The problem is not with engineering....problem is with import lobby in army which is sitting inside incognito in the name of FAST INDUCTION, the way India army do induction of it's own weapon is like UNWANTED KID (although I hate these kind of parents too), baba kalyaniji first infiltrate into this import fortress by hook or by crook because us common citizens can't do anything but businessmen and concerned diplomats are there,they can do something....someone do something if he or she is listening.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/d...ccess-country-plans-imports-from-israel-42678
It's news from tribune, and look like THIS DEAL IS HAPPENING BECAUSE IT IS THERE, saala kaun motherfucker baitha hua hai uppar.
It look like saurav jha sir prediction about no hope left for mass induction of indigenous weapons is coming true if this news is right.
Saali import army.
The problem is not with engineering....problem is with import lobby in army which is sitting inside incognito in the name of FAST INDUCTION, the way India army do induction of it's own weapon is like UNWANTED KID (although I hate these kind of parents too), baba kalyaniji first infiltrate into this import fortress by hook or by crook because us common citizens can't do anything but businessmen and concerned diplomats are there,they can do something....someone do something if he or she is listening.
From the same article

A new 3.7 tonnes 155mm/39 cal ULH is under development which is lighter than the 4.2 tonnes M777 howitzer already inducted in the Indian Army.

Atcjurvin

Saali import army.
Isn't it was the same newspaper which posted the fake article about akash system.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Saali import army.
Nothing more then click bait and pressure tactics.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
As i said before it has not even been passed by DAC then contract signing & CCS Approval ,the whole process remains
Infact DAC had passed 150 ATAGs in principle last year

jik60

Country flag
^^^^ These are some PR articles by the ISRAELI firm + BF . Until DRDO is ok with import, nobody can think of import in recent times of limited budget and protectionist environment. And DRDO gonna never agree to this proposal, by putting one of its own down. Remember the saga of ATGMs, lobby from IS and US.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
ATHOS will go through. That program existed before Dhanush and ATAGSs. It makes no sense having three completely different towed guns, but this is India, retarded shit happens.

And I agree, ATAGS should be mass produced. Would've given massive industrial benefits.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles