Indian Army Artillery

Prashant12

Country flag
Indian Army has inducted American precision-guided Excalibur artillery ammunition in its inventory.

Indian Army Sources: Army Commanders were also briefed about the induction of Made in India Dhanush artillery gun in the force and how it is going to enhance the firepower of the Indian Army in operations.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Indian Army has inducted American precision-guided Excalibur artillery ammunition in its inventory.

Indian Army Sources: Army Commanders were also briefed about the induction of Made in India Dhanush artillery gun in the force and how it is going to enhance the firepower of the Indian Army in operations.

I do hope we develop some indigenous version of this Excalibur round, that will be a major enhancement in our army capability.
Time has came to move away from foreign maals if we want some respect in the world community.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do hope we develop some indigenous version of this Excalibur round, that will be a major enhancement in our army capability.
Time has came to move away from foreign maals if we want some respect in the world community.
In 20 years from now.

bhramos

Country flag
yeah, they are too costly..... 5-10 years ago, Precision rounds for Bofors costed Rs 3 Lakhs,
currently such rounds for M777 or K9 may cost Rs 5-7 Lakhs or even more per Round.....

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah, right.Expecting a result from these folks who couldn't develop a similar system for the Pinaka rockets despite having been tried since 2012 and you expect them to deliver the same for an artillery shell, which by the way happens to be near infinitely more complex??!!Forgive me if I fail to share your optimism, mate. I've allowed myself to be fooled by such tall claims for too many years now, but no more!!I'll believe it when I see it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yeah, right.Expecting a result from these folks who couldn't develop a similar system for the Pinaka rockets despite having been tried since 2012 and you expect them to deliver the same for an artillery shell, which by the way happens to be near infinitely more complex??!!Forgive me if I fail to share your optimism, mate. I've allowed myself to be fooled by such tall claims for too many years now, but no more!!I'll believe it when I see it.
Wait and watch, i think it will happen. It’s just a matter of IA being impressed with accuracy of M982 Excalibur.

ladder

Country flag
Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think you have missed the BUS here.

From 2013 till 2019, around dozen tests of guided Pinaka had taken place and that too successfully. But no new order have been placed for the same till now.

Feasibility study of guided Arty shell goes back to 2008 and in 2013 DRDO started working on it. As of 2018 DRDO invited parties to work on the tech with ToT ready to be given to eligible firms.

For you kind information, Kalyani too partnered with Elbit on the same project for Mortar shells. But till now, there kitty is devoid of any order too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles